Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Sir | Curve Editor

Development board for ME3Explorer tools. Please try to keep discussions for each tool inside its own thread.

Sir | Curve Editor

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 03 Jun 2016, 04:10

Instead of posting about this in various mod development threads I figured this deserved its own place.

This tool will be able to edit anything that starts with InterpCurve, so:
  • InterpCurveQuat
  • InterpCurveFloat
  • InterpCurveVector
  • InterpCurveVector2D
  • InterpCurveTwoVectors
  • InterpCurveLinearColor

The most common use will probably be InterpTrackMove objects, which have two InterpCurveVector properties, PosTrack, and EulerTrack. Here is an InterpTrackMove opened in the Curve Editor:
The view-port is automatically sized to fit the keys.
The InterpMode for the selected key is displayed and changeable at the top (see here for explanations of the different modes).
Each key can be dragged up and down to change its value.
The handles on the selected key can be dragged to change the curve.

Opinion Solicitation Time:
  • Where would you like to be able to open this from? I stuck an option in PackEd's edit menu to open the currently selected export in the Curve Ed, but that was for testing purposes. Any ideas for a better place?
  • Like I did with the Sequence Editor, I modeled the UI on UDK's Curve Editor. Opinions on looks?
  • Any other thoughts on how you'd like this to work?

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Re: Sir | Curve Editor

Postby Kinkojiro » 03 Jun 2016, 07:55

This looks great. Very useful indeed.

I can't really say about the interface without testing but it seems fine. Maybe Euler track tells you what the X y z does and other items similarly as interpreter does?

As for location I think one option would be in package ed but the most useful would be in interpviewer (basically use it as the editing interface). That way you can see all the different tracks together then edit the curve of one, then the next etc. Even if you are just viewing in interpeditor picking out curves and comparing is useful.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby giftfish » 03 Jun 2016, 15:54

@Sir -- I second both of Kinko's suggestions. Interp Viewer seems to be the best place for the tool. I know the code for that is a bear right now and you were planning on a re-write, so if it's easier to make it standalone, I guess you could do that as well.

Some tooltips would be helpful, as Kinko mentioned. Maybe a show all off/on function, in addition to upon scroll over. Just to give some basic information about how it all works.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 05 Jun 2016, 18:10

The Interp Viewer needs a complete rewrite in WPF, which will be a task on par with the creation of the Curve Editor (very time-consuming). Once that happens, integrating the Curve Editor will be easy. Until then, I'll add the option to open a track in the Curve Editor to the context menu. I'd recommend just doing any editing in the PackEd's tree view for now though.

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby giftfish » 05 Jun 2016, 18:33

Thanks much, Sir. Really appreciate this new tool and all the work you've been doing :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Return to ME3Explorer Toolset Development