Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Beta 2.0.7

Information and links to new stable & beta releases.

Beta 2.0.7

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 06 Jun 2016, 02:38

Issues Resolved
#376(Bug Minor 2.0.6 Importing RB_BodySetups): Kinkojiro
Property parsing is now more reliant on type information, and less reliant on guessing.

#378(Package editor script tab is not docked correctly): FemShep

#377(Bug (very) minor 2.0.6 importing level objects (PackageEd)): Kinkojiro
PackEd no longer tries casting a ulong to a uint.

#379(Suggestion: Interpreter for UDK Explorer): Kinkojiro
UDK Explorer's PackEd should function almost exactly like ME3's now.

Additional Changes
  • If the Interpreter comes across a very long binary array (> 1000 elements), it won't bother parsing it. It's not useful to do so, and it just slows the program down.
  • The tree in FaceFXAnimsetEditor should stay open to the same place after editing.

New Tool: Curve Editor
Detail on what it is here. It's not really finished, but I'm tired of staring at it, and it is in a usable state. My recommendation on how best to use it would be to use PackEd's tree view to locate the InterpTrack you want to edit with it. It can be opened from PackEd's Edit menu.
You can currently edit the value of keys by dragging them up and down, change their tangents by dragging the handles, and change a key's InterpMode using the buttons. There is currently no way to change the time of keys, add new keys, or to change the viewport. All edits should be saved when the Curve Editor is closed.

Get It Here
(Disclaimer: This is a beta release, so the only person who has tested any of this is me. That means there will be bugs, and you will encounter them. When you do, please make a bug report on Github so that they can be fixed.)

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Re: Beta 2.0.7

Postby Kinkojiro » 06 Jun 2016, 15:16

Suddenly I realise what a tangent is and why it matters. Thanks very much.

And it is possible to use this with Splines. Incredible.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 06 Jun 2016, 23:34

I seem to have mislabeled the tracks for EulerTracks. They should be Roll, Pitch, Yaw, not Pitch, Roll, Yaw.

What's a spline?
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Postby Deager » 07 Jun 2016, 00:49

@SirCyxrtyx
You clever....thanks for keeping the list up in FaceFXAnimSet. I actually am going to put this to use. A fair number of lines are going to get some extra work in CEM now!
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby Kinkojiro » 07 Jun 2016, 01:15

SirCxyrtyx wrote:I seem to have mislabeled the tracks for EulerTracks. They should be Roll, Pitch, Yaw, not Pitch, Roll, Yaw.

What's a spline?

A spline is a kind of actor that sets a path. They are used for NPCs that wander around. For example the mechdog or Mr Saluter on the Normandy. For an example go to the Normandy and console: SHOW SPLINES

A few initial thoughts on future development (understand this is a WIP so just suggestions):
- The scaling is a bit funny. For example I modify X a flat line at 100 then it scales to 99-101, you have to move the point offscreen then pick another curve (Y) then back into X for the scaling to reset. If I want to move it to 110, it takes several goes. Having a mouse wheel zoom the scale would be good. Or even just a single reset scale button.
- A save button. Otherwise have to go back into PackageEd save.

Otherwise it is incredibly useful.

And pitch roll yaw (that is why my character wasnt doing what I thought lol).
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby FemShep » 07 Jun 2016, 15:28

Does anyone know the difference between Euler,position, and third tracks? I've looked into a few sequences and they always have items at the same point in time with the same attached float values. I'm not sure what one to edit. Sounds like at some point those may be editable?
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 07 Jun 2016, 15:46

FemShep wrote:Does anyone know the difference between Euler,position, and third tracks? I've looked into a few sequences and they always have items at the same point in time with the same attached float values. I'm not sure what one to edit. Sounds like at some point those may be editable?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here. Could you rephrase and/or be more specific?
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Postby FemShep » 07 Jun 2016, 17:37

I do not understand the differences between Euler track, pos track, etc... I have a interp I want to manually hex edit, but there is 3 tracks (Euler/pos/something else) but I do not understand the actual difference of these three track types. The data I am editing appears to exist on all 3 at the same point (float value). Not sure which to edit, or if all 3 must be.

Also the ads on this forum on mobile are out of control. 2 video ads per page. The forum has eaten over 500MB of mobile data and they constantly reload wasting a ton of power too.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 07 Jun 2016, 18:14

The Position track controls the position, with x, y and z in the OutVal property. The Euler track controls the rotation, with OutVal's x, y, and z corresponding to Roll, Pitch, and Yaw. If this is an InterpTrackMove object you're talking about, then the third track would be the LookupTrack. It can be used to look up position and rotation values from another InterpGroup, but generally you don't want that, in which case all it is is just another place where the time for each key is. Make sure all three tracks have the same number of keys, and that the Time values in the Lookup Track correspond to the InVal values in the Position and Euler Tracks.

The ArriveTangent and LeaveTangent Properties control the slope of the curves when a key's InterpMode is set to CIM_USER, CIM_BREAK, or CIM_AUTO. Poking around in the Curve Editor should make it more obvious what's going on.

Any reason you're doing manual hex editing? It would be a lot simpler to do the edits in the Interpreter (or the Curve Editor, although that's still pretty experimental).
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Postby FemShep » 07 Jun 2016, 23:32

I do manual hex editing because I have to develop mixins - essentially a patch file - that don't change the size of the file I am modifying. By not changing the filesize I can have my users able to apply any set of mixins. Right now I have over 350 of them. On some of my mods on ME3Tweaks ModMaker I have over 200 of these patches automatically apply when Mod Manager downloads and compiles the mod.

Here's the premade ones for example: http://me3tweaks.com/mixins. There's another 300 on ModMaker itself that can patch a ton of variables (and some scripts) inside of Modmaker itself.

These are mainly gameplay edits. Most of the work done here on this forum is content modding which I don't do any of really. Some of the gameplay edits I want to do involve interpdata with items on some sort of timeline track. For example, the reactor doors in the N7 Reactor are sequence based and use a timeline. I think curve editor may not be what I am looking for in this instance. Curve editor and interpviewer are not exactly the same (or do exactly the same) right? (I haven't tried 2.0.7 yet.)

Also I do in fact use interpreter a lot. It's why I've contributed some code to it over the last year. I'm incorporating it into my PCC data dumper tool which should make it really easy to find any instance of anything. The work you've done with the Json object data is amazing and makes my life so much easier.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Return to New Releases