Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

More Aria Mod

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: More Aria Mod

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 11 May 2016, 17:01

It's very easy to edit comments. Comments are a string array called m_aObjComments (or something like that), so all you have to do to edit one is to select the object in the Sequence Editor, click the Interpret button, and then edit the property. If the object doesn't have the m_aObjComments property, you can just use the Add Property button in the Interpreter to add it.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 28 May 2016, 00:37

Working on the cutscene now. Importing is a lot easier now with the drag and drop importing in 2.0.4, so the animations part is pretty simple, though still a little time consuming. Getting a workable cutscene looks perfectly doable, it'll just take some drudgery. The hard part is going to be getting it from "workable" to polished. I think a lot of that is going to be in nice camera movement easing, which means figuring out how those ArriveTangent and LeaveTangent properties work. Right now I've just got the camera doing linear pans and it looks pretty awful.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Postby giftfish » 28 May 2016, 15:57

SirCxyrtyx wrote:Working on the cutscene now. Importing is a lot easier now with the drag and drop importing in 2.0.4, so the animations part is pretty simple, though still a little time consuming. Getting a workable cutscene looks perfectly doable, it'll just take some drudgery. The hard part is going to be getting it from "workable" to polished. I think a lot of that is going to be in nice camera movement easing, which means figuring out how those ArriveTangent and LeaveTangent properties work. Right now I've just got the camera doing linear pans and it looks pretty awful.

Yeah, I've been wondering about that.

InterpTrackMove objects are pretty awful to work with. Not knowing about how that stuff works in Unreal, my guess is that from BW's end they click a start and end point, and then do something like trace a path on screen or... something. Is there any way to implement some type of editing function that would... be a bit similar in the sense that it would extrapolate/calculate values for you?

Seems like it would be complicated, but editing those objects to try to create something that looks vanilla-quality is going to be very difficult. I was actually wondering how you created the camera angle and motion for the meetup scene you already posted; it looks great :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 28 May 2016, 17:18

To be clear, the little scene with Aria in the video I posted is not my own creation. That's the scene Bioware created for Jack, I just replaced her with Aria. Here's what I've got for the cutscene so far: https://gfycat.com/ClosedCandidKawala
As you can see, there's a looong way to go.

This video shows what doing this would be like in udk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00cDiZrd1tI
Once I figure out exactly how the tangents bit works I might be able to make a curve editor.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 29 May 2016, 23:43

Well, I got tired of trying to visualize what the curves would look like, so I've started work on a Curve Editor:
Spoiler:

Currently it only works for InterpModes CIM_Linear (shown) and CIM_Constant, but actual curve support shouldn't be too hard. It's been slow going, since I'm learning WPF as I go, but I promise this one will be an actual editor.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Postby giftfish » 30 May 2016, 13:17

@Sir -- oh wow, this will be great! :D
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 18 Jun 2016, 22:46

When you forget to cancel an animation before beginning a new one: https://gfycat.com/ElementaryScentedFinwhale
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Postby giftfish » 19 Jun 2016, 01:19

SirCxyrtyx wrote:When you forget to cancel an animation before beginning a new one: https://gfycat.com/ElementaryScentedFinwhale

Lawl.

I have probably GBs of outtakes from editing gestures for BackOff, lawl...
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Previous

Return to Mods in Development