Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Beta 2.0.9

Information and links to new stable & beta releases.

Beta 2.0.9

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 25 Jun 2016, 20:03

New Tool: FaceFX Editor
This is the successor to the FaceFXAnimSet Editor, which will remain in the toolset at least until development of the FaceFX Editor is finished.
Spoiler:

The curves for individual animations can be edited, though keys cannot be added or removed yet. Animations in their entirety can be deleted by right-clicking on them, and can also be cloned, even between files, by drag and drop. Individual lines can also be deleted and cloned in the same manner. It does seem to save the changes properly, but I haven't tested any changes in-game yet.

Additional Changes
  • Curve Editor had the ability to change the time of a key, but it didn't actually save it. Now it does.

Get It Here
(Disclaimer: This is a beta release, so the only person who has tested any of this is me. That means there will be bugs, and you will encounter them. When you do, please make a bug report on Github so that they can be fixed.)

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Re: Beta 2.0.9

Postby giftfish » 25 Jun 2016, 20:21

Can't wait for more features, and for the FaceFXAssets to be integrated.

Really awesome that you were able to put this out so quickly, Sir. Thanks <3

Now... where's Deager, lol?
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby Deager » 25 Jun 2016, 21:11

giftfish wrote:Now... where's Deager, lol?

You rang!? I just asked Jack what she thought of this and I'm pretty sure she exclaimed, "Hell yeah!"
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby giftfish » 25 Jun 2016, 21:27

Deager wrote:

You rang!? I just asked Jack what she thought of this and I'm pretty sure she exclaimed, "Hell yeah!"

Lol.

FYI, it looks like there's a glitch with cloning in whole lines. Already reported in the Git thread :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby Deager » 25 Jun 2016, 21:33

giftfish wrote:
Deager wrote:

Lol.

FYI, it looks like there's a glitch with cloning in whole lines. Already reported in the Git thread :)

Ah, good. I was just going to test that. The other awesome feature would be right clicking a key and manually typing in a value so I can "zero out" the strength on some stuff. I know Sir will be looking to add that. Plus, to be candid, if I get the key near the 0 line, the odds of anyone seeing motion is about nil.
Deager
Modder

Postby giftfish » 25 Jun 2016, 21:51

Deager wrote: The other awesome feature would be right clicking a key and manually typing in a value so I can "zero out" the strength on some stuff. I know Sir will be looking to add that. Plus, to be candid, if I get the key near the 0 line, the odds of anyone seeing motion is about nil.

Doesn't it work to just drag the peak down to 0? Or do you mean to ensure the values are *exactly* 0?
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby Deager » 25 Jun 2016, 23:03

giftfish wrote:
Deager wrote: The other awesome feature would be right clicking a key and manually typing in a value so I can "zero out" the strength on some stuff. I know Sir will be looking to add that. Plus, to be candid, if I get the key near the 0 line, the odds of anyone seeing motion is about nil.

Doesn't it work to just drag the peak down to 0? Or do you mean to ensure the values are *exactly* 0?

Just ensure that they're exactly 0. Just my OCD nature but for stuff like Jaw+ it's quite noticeable with the teeth showing.
Deager
Modder

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 26 Jun 2016, 00:07

Time can be set by right clicking on a key. I could make value settable that way too.

SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Postby Deager » 26 Jun 2016, 02:32

SirCxyrtyx wrote:Time can be set by right clicking on a key. I could make value settable that way too.

I just read your explanation of list 3/groups. Awesome!

One other thing for work-flow that would be really cool and maybe giftfish mentioned it. It would also be really handy to right click to change the time of a keyframe and also be shown the exact value of time it is at the moment. This is really helpful for me as I am changing the timing quite a bit. For the moment, I'm still doing the work all in the original FaceFXAnimSet tool but it's already handy to have the visual reference to see if I did it right before I take the time to test. Also handy for little things like "blink" and such to get those right.

I'm having a blast right now. To have the freedom to not have to match syllables anymore on line changes, particularly if the new line is shorter...flipp'n awesome.

Oh right, I actually could start screwing around with the number of key frames in things if the total number I need in each group is equal to or less than what is currently present. Since I have so may lines I'm shortening this should actually be easy to do in hex...just tedious.

I never thought I'd be enjoying modding CEM again.
Deager
Modder

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 26 Jun 2016, 05:02

I've decided to put two little text boxes in the upper right corner that will display the x and y values for the selected point (and hopefully let you change them).

SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Return to New Releases