Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[Released] BackOff v1.0

Formerly in the "Mods in Development" section. Deprecated threads related to certain mods, or mods that have ended their development phase and discussion is no longer active.

Re: BackOff -- a new mod, alone or with ThaneMOD

Postby giftfish » 22 Feb 2016, 03:40

Kinkojiro wrote:AFemshep has been working hard to tidy up moonshines mod to make it more content mod friendly (for example he has revised the TLK to only affect key strokes strings).

- moonshine mounted the mod very high because he if you have a content mod with a pc gui and use a controller you are stuck (i.e. safety first - plus at the time there weren't many dlc mods).

Yeah, whether the BO user was using an outdated version of the Controller mod was one of the first things I checked on. The newest version that I downloaded has obviously changed its TLK as it's now <15KB. The user that reported the problem said the TLK for their version was over 2800KB, which meant it was the entire base game TLK.

Considering JohnP pioneered the DLC mod method -- with a content mod that includes TLK edits -- it was a very, very poor decision for moonshine to include a full base game TLK and place the mount priority so high. Those two things don't go well together. JAM, Extended Anderson Convo, ThaneMOD, and CEM were all available as DLC mods by May 2015, which is when moonshine released his mod. So... yeah. Not a good thing to do. And, if you're going to it, you better be very, very clear to your users that your mod is incompatible with all other DLC mods that edit the same files or TLK strings.

Glad the hear compatibility is getting better with it. Now if we could only make users update >.<
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby Mehmi » 16 Mar 2016, 11:36

Hey Gift... sorry about disappearing and not helping with the beta, RL hit me like a tonne of bricks after christmas XD.
So happy to see this is up though! I see its not compatible with current Zaeed, but I can just wait until the new Zaeed comes out :D

I have one question about Kelly, can I still get the Prajek Paddle Fish from her in ME3 with this mod, if I didn't flirt hugely with her in ME2? My previous play through I only flirted with her specifically to get that unlock, and it feels so out of character for a dedicated Kaidan lover ;D Unfortunately my love for my space animals is equal to my love for Kaidan ;D
Mehmi
User

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby sansuni » 16 Mar 2016, 15:33

I agree with above, I also wish that was a friendship thing and not a romance thing. It feels like unlike ME2 characters, some characters in ME3 seems more shallow. You are either romancing them, or not friends with them at all. This mod fixes that a little, but it would be nice to see more of friendship thing as well as romance thing.. Does that make sense? It made whole a lot more sense in my head.
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Postby giftfish » 16 Mar 2016, 16:45

Mehmi wrote:Hey Gift... sorry about disappearing and not helping with the beta, RL hit me like a tonne of bricks after christmas XD.
So happy to see this is up though! I see its not compatible with current Zaeed, but I can just wait until the new Zaeed comes out :D

I have one question about Kelly, can I still get the Prajek Paddle Fish from her in ME3 with this mod, if I didn't flirt hugely with her in ME2? My previous play through I only flirted with her specifically to get that unlock, and it feels so out of character for a dedicated Kaidan lover ;D Unfortunately my love for my space animals is equal to my love for Kaidan ;D

It's all good, Mehmi :)

And, yes to your question. Kelly caring for Shepard's fish no longer depends on flirting with her enough to trigger the dinner. Kelly's a very nice, earnest girl; I think she'd care for Shepard's fish regardless of their relationship. I mean... why punish the poor fish? :)

sansuni wrote:I agree with above, I also wish that was a friendship thing and not a romance thing. It feels like unlike ME2 characters, some characters in ME3 seems more shallow. You are either romancing them, or not friends with them at all. This mod fixes that a little, but it would be nice to see more of friendship thing as well as romance thing.. Does that make sense? It made whole a lot more sense in my head.

Well, I did what I could with implementing a relationship with Kelly that feels much more friendship-based. I actually think BO's edits work particularly well in that instance. If there's no ME2 flirting history, you can't hug her and she doesn't flirt with you at all, but she's still clear she was very worried about Shepard. :]
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Re: [Released] BackOff v1.0

Postby sansuni » 05 Jul 2016, 21:52

So... with new tools at your disposal, any plans of BackOff 2.0?

I really would like to try the content you have only talked about in the passing.
sansuni
Modder

Postby giftfish » 05 Jul 2016, 22:21

sansuni wrote:So... with new tools at your disposal, any plans of BackOff 2.0?

I really would like to try the content you have only talked about in the passing.

I'm open to it, but it won't be until after ThaneMOD v3.0 is released. TMv3.0 will be a full overhaul -- even more than I was originally anticipating -- so I definitely don't expect to push it out until the year's end. Whenever I give a hypothetical date like that, I'm wrong, though, so no promises, lol.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby sansuni » 06 Jul 2016, 20:37

giftfish wrote:I'm open to it, but it won't be until after ThaneMOD v3.0 is released. TMv3.0 will be a full overhaul -- even more than I was originally anticipating -- so I definitely don't expect to push it out until the year's end. Whenever I give a hypothetical date like that, I'm wrong, though, so no promises, lol.

Well, future plans is better than having no plans at all I guess.. :D

I am hoping to see some Ashley and Jack content, but I am good with whatever that comes.
sansuni
Modder

Previous

Return to Mods - Deprecated