Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[FILLED] Matriarch Aethyta Texture

User-centric area to discuss ideas and request mods. Toolset modders may also float ideas for new mods here; if pursued, the thread can be relocated to Mods in Development.

[FILLED] Matriarch Aethyta Texture

Postby giftfish » 15 Feb 2014, 16:30

Hey folks--

Does anyone know if someone has redone Matriarch Aethyta's ME3 texture to make her look like her ME2 self? I've been looking around a bit and so far haven't found one.

I haven't stepped into the world of making texture mods, but does anyone know if her ME3 mesh is the same? I'm guessing that it isn't, but that's just from memory, as she looks so different. But, if it is the same, would it theoretically work to simply export the ME2 texture and use it to replace her ME3 one?
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Re: Matriarch Aethyta Texture

Postby Ottemis » 15 Feb 2014, 16:50

No, it's likely it would need to be altered. ME2 vs ME3 textures are similar but not fully compatible without some manual labour. As to her morph, I'd say it was changed in ME3 to be softer and more feminine but I can't be 100% sure without checking. In theory you could bring the ME2 morph and textures into ME3, it's alike to what ELE has done for her Ashley Legacy project but obviously means quite some work.
Ottemis
Harbinger

Have thanks: 247 time

Postby giftfish » 15 Feb 2014, 17:06

Ottemis wrote:No, it's likely it would need to be altered. ME2 vs ME3 textures are similar but not fully compatible without some manual labour. As to her morph, I'd say it was changed in ME3 to be softer and more feminine but I can't be 100% sure without checking. In theory you could bring the ME2 morph and textures into ME3, it's alike to what ELE has done for her Ashley Legacy project but obviously means quite some work.

Yeah, that's about what I figured. Blarg. It's really unfortunate that BW changed her so drastically. It's like I'm looking at someone who underwent plastic surgery. The voice matches but the face (and everything else) is completely different. Every time I hear/look at her in game my brain is just like, "errrr...does not compute," lol.

I found some post somewhere that said there were actually two models for her in ME2, one much younger looking than the other, and the artist that did her for ME3 simply grabbed the wrong model. No idea if it's true, but wouldn't surprise me.

At any rate, I hope someone with some texture skills takes it on at some point. Consistency across games is always nice. Case in point...Ashley.
giftfish

Postby Ottemis » 15 Feb 2014, 17:42

Aethyta was my favorite NPC in ME2, I was quite disappointed in her ME3 appearance. I'll think about it, maybe discuss with ELE. Keep you posted.
Ottemis
Harbinger

Have thanks: 247 time

Postby giftfish » 15 Feb 2014, 17:45

Ottemis wrote:Aethyta was my favorite NPC in ME2, I was quite disappointed in her ME3 appearance. I'll think about it, maybe discuss with ELE. Keep you posted.

You know, since you two don't have anything else to do, lol ;)

That would be flipping awesome, though!
giftfish

Postby KidzComeOut » 04 Jul 2014, 09:24

I'll second this. I hate Aethyta's ME3 face, she looks like a completely different asari. I wouldn't have recognized her without the voice.

any luck?
KidzComeOut
User

Have thanks: 5 time

Postby giftfish » 04 Jul 2014, 17:42

KidzComeOut wrote:I'll second this. I hate Aethyta's ME3 face, she looks like a completely different asari. I wouldn't have recognized her without the voice.

any luck?

Apparently the problem is that she uses a "general" asari texture. BW removed her character-specific face morph from the game, like with Kelly. So, it isn't an easy fix considering that new textures still can't be added to the game as far as I know.
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 10 Jul 2016, 17:07

Came across this old thread, so I figured I should leave a breadcrumb for ME3Re, which now includes Aethyta's NPC overhaul:

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/411/?
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Return to Mod Ideas and Requests