Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

ME2 PlotManager.pcc

Dedicated area for content modders to help each other with technical aspects of modding the Mass Effect Trilogy.

ME2 PlotManager.pcc

Postby giftfish » 11 Jul 2016, 13:52

Has anyone had any luck "decoding" this file?

This is the equivalent of the ME3 CND, but it's structure is different, as it's a PCC. It's easy to locate the desired conditional -- the ID is clearly a part of the export name -- but after that, I'm lost. I've been able to interpret the hex in the Startup file for the state transition map, just by knowing how the same map works for ME3, but I haven't been able to make the same leap here. I need to figure out a particular ME2 relationship dynamic that's going to affect the next release of ThaneMOD.

Anyone...?
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Re: ME2 PlotManager.pcc

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 11 Jul 2016, 16:34

From a quick look, it seems like the conditionals are defined as Unrealscript functions. Unfortunately, we only have a decompiler for ME3 (and a partial one for ME1). I have no idea how those work to be honest.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby giftfish » 11 Jul 2016, 19:44

As I was looking at the name list and imports this morning, I was also getting the impression that it used scripts.

Does the current CND file (and editor) for ME3 also use similar scripts, or is it a different type of system altogether?
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 11 Jul 2016, 22:23

No, the ME3 CND file uses what I assume is some custom bioware system.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby giftfish » 11 Jul 2016, 22:30

SirCxyrtyx wrote:No, the ME3 CND file uses what I assume is some custom bioware system.

Ugh... that's really unfortunate.

I'll try to take another look at it and see if I can make any sense of it -- and do some googling to see if there's anything about it on the UDK wiki. I can't even seem to follow any name list references around >.<

Thanks for the info :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby FemShep » 15 Jul 2016, 21:42

Porting script decompiler to ME2 would be pretty easy but since they change byte codes from game to game it'll likely be brokenish like ME1s I ported. WV uncovered byte codes with the UE3 SDK generator, I tried but its wayyyyyyyyyyy advanced with stuff like IDA PRO.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby giftfish » 15 Jul 2016, 23:17

FemShep wrote:Porting script decompiler to ME2 would be pretty easy but since they change byte codes from game to game it'll likely be brokenish like ME1s I ported. WV uncovered byte codes with the UE3 SDK generator, I tried but its wayyyyyyyyyyy advanced with stuff like IDA PRO.

Well, that's something at any rate. I hunkered down with it a bit more, and am still confounded. I have some very basic info which I put into a research post soon. Guessing it won't be helpful, though.

Thanks for the info.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Return to Modders' Help