Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Toolset Idea: Standalone AutoTOC.exe

Development board for ME3Explorer tools. Please try to keep discussions for each tool inside its own thread.

Re: Toolset Idea: Standalone AutoTOC.exe

Postby Kinkojiro » 03 Jun 2016, 00:28

This is great. Thank you very much SirC. For anybody who uses NSIS this is the code that should be added at the end of the installer (just before the section end).

Code: Select all
;Execute AutoTOCs
  SetOutPath "$INSTDIR\Binaries"
  SetOverwrite On
  File "YourPC\AutoTOC.exe"   ;This is where your file is stored when you compile the installer
  MessageBox MB_OKCANCEL|MB_ICONINFORMATION "Updating TOC.bins" IDOK 0 IDCANCEL End_Install  ;optional dialogue to inform the user why a black box is about to launch
  ExecWait '"$INSTDIR\Binaries\AutoTOC.exe" "$INSTDIR"'

End_Install:
  Delete "$INSTDIR\Binaries\AutoTOC.exe"
SectionEnd

This adds the AutoTOC.exe temporarily to the binaries directory, runs and deletes it. It also brings up a small dialogue box to inform the user that their TOCs are being updated, with the option to cancel.

Sir C - one small request. Is it possible to print to screen a message saying "Generating TOCs" or something similar, just so the end user doesn't get scared by empty command prompts popping up on their screen?

Kinkojiro has been thanked by:
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 03 Jun 2016, 01:37

Kinkojiro wrote:Sir C - one small request. Is it possible to print to screen a message saying "Generating TOCs" or something similar, just so the end user doesn't get scared by empty command prompts popping up on their screen?

Sure: https://github.com/ME3Explorer/AutoTOC/ ... s/tag/v1.1

It'll only be up there for a second or two though, so they might not get the chance to read it.

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby Deager » 03 Jun 2016, 01:41

You just saved me a lot of pain when considering how granular I wanted my installers to be. :)
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby giftfish » 03 Jun 2016, 15:18

Going to move this thread to the toolset development area. It's a slightly gray area, but it works :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby Deager » 05 Aug 2016, 01:17

OK, I'm getting ready to implement this AutoTOC in my Shorter Dreams update. Yes, I see it's going to AutoTOC all extracted DLCs and the main game no matter where I put the file. The only possible issues I could see with this are

a) a malware or virus blocker getting ticked. easily fixed by having the end user manually Auto TOC with me3explorer since all files extract out first.

b) something stupid happens to a bin file. For example, I often juggle mods around and will do _DLC_CON_MEHEM while using DLC_CON_JAM or whatever. This will probably then path out the bin file improperly. I can't imagine many people do that kind of thing except modders and generally we can figure that out for ourselves. Just throwing that out here.
ninjaEDIT: Naw, I see it's only concerned with the contents within the DLC folder...excellent /ninjaEDIT

Anyway, any other possible issues anybody else can think of? I just want to make my installers as easy to use as possible and yet help me avoid having to make a dozen or more bin files for all the combinations of install options I offer.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby Kinkojiro » 05 Aug 2016, 02:22

One thing I found yesterday is that AutoTOC doesn't work properly if you specify like this:

AutoTOC "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\"

But works if you specify

AutoTOC "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3"

Which is annoying because I think NSIS works best if you put the "\" in the default directory. I will put this on Github and see whether SirC or somebody can sort it.

Kinkojiro has been thanked by:
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 05 Aug 2016, 18:11

Should work for for paths that end in \ now. I also used multithreading to generate all the tocs at once, which makes it marginally faster.

https://github.com/ME3Explorer/AutoTOC/ ... s/tag/v1.2

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Previous

Return to ME3Explorer Toolset Development