Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

XCOM 2 Advent Rifle in ME3

Area for discussions related to meshes/models, 3D modeling programs, and the like. Can cross over into texture-related discussion. As with other non-toolset related areas, answers not guaranteed.

XCOM 2 Advent Rifle in ME3

Postby turles000 » 04 Aug 2016, 11:05

Hi, i want to replace an assault rifle 3d model with Advent Rifle's one. I tried to use Meshplorer, opening the .pcc file (ME3 model), and importing the .upk file (XCOM 2 model), but there's an error message that tells me that i'm importing a mesh with different count of bones. What does it mean? How can I do this?
turles000
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: XCOM 2 Advent Rifle in ME3

Postby giftfish » 04 Aug 2016, 16:42

Moving this to the Textures and Meshes section.

Also, you should try reading some of the threads in that section for advice on how to import/export meshes with ME3. You can't expect to use an asset for one game in another game with a simple import -- Unreal game or not, it doesn't work that way. You're likely going to need to edit the mesh in a 3D-modeling program.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby turles000 » 05 Aug 2016, 18:37

Sorry for posting this thread in the wrong section.
Anyway, i should try to edit the PCC file replacing the model with the new one, right?
What program should i use to edit these files?
turles000
User

Postby turles000 » 08 Aug 2016, 09:19

I extracted a PSK file from the UPK Advent Rifle file and opened it with Blender. I found out that the UPK file contain many Skeletal Mesh files with PSK extension, and one of this was the Advent Rifle.
So i opened the PCC file with ME3Explorer and i tried to import the PSK file but now there's a new error message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index."

What's wrong? (Sorry for bad english)
turles000
User

Package (PCC) compressing

Postby turles000 » 08 Aug 2016, 14:50

With Gildor's Umodel i extracted the content of SFXWeapon_AssaultRifle_Mattock.pcc and I replaced his original skeletal mesh (and some textures) with a new one, but now i need to compress these files in a PCC file. How can i do it?

These are the files to compress:
turles000
User

Postby Kinkojiro » 09 Aug 2016, 00:55

What you are trying to do is very complex. Skeletons have bones that are used by the gun animations built into the file. Your new gun mesh needs to have exactly the same bones, as the gun you are replacing. Given they are made by two different developers, that is unlikely.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby sansuni » 09 Aug 2016, 07:24

Like everyone said, this isn't something easy to do. For this kind of this, you need to have exactly same number of bones with the mesh you are trying to replace and the bones should have same names with the bones of the mesh you are trying to replace. You could get it to work by some trickery (reducing the number of bones for instance, though I can't remember what this was called) but in the end it will probably will not work / animate the same way.
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Return to Mesh and Model Discussion