Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

The BioWare Forums are closing on August 26....

General chat about Mass Effect or otherwise.

Re: The BioWare Forums are closing on August 26....

Postby giftfish » 07 Aug 2016, 23:37

CreeperLava wrote:Especially regarding the problems Origin poses for modded games. I can't use Texmod with Origin on W10, I had to download a crack just for that purpose^^.

Huh, that's interesting. I haven't had a problem. I have to do the whole stupid EXE renaming thing, but other than that it's been okay.

Maybe something to do with the directory it's installed to? Mine are all on a different drive.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby CreeperLava » 07 Aug 2016, 23:52

giftfish wrote:Maybe something to do with the directory it's installed to? Mine are all on a different drive.

Same for me, I've also tried running Texmod as admin with XP compatibility mode. I tried the renaming, without success. It works with a crack, I just swap it with the origin exe when I need Texmod.
You don't use Origin though, right ? The Origin exe may be different from the physical disk's.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby giftfish » 08 Aug 2016, 01:21

CreeperLava wrote:
giftfish wrote:Maybe something to do with the directory it's installed to? Mine are all on a different drive.

Same for me, I've also tried running Texmod as admin with XP compatibility mode. I tried the renaming, without success. It works with a crack, I just swap it with the origin exe when I need Texmod.
You don't use Origin though, right ? The Origin exe may be different from the physical disk's.

Sure, I use Origin. The only way not to use Origin with ME3 is via a crack, and I don't use cracks.

I keep Origin offline and firewalled, though, so if you don't do that, you might try and see if it works :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby CreeperLava » 11 Aug 2016, 19:21

For those who want to help saving the BSN Legacy projects, we are in the process of contacting mod authors so that they reupload their mods on another website like Nexus, ModDB, etc... Here is a spreadsheet that gathers all the authors we need to contact : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Included are more detailed instructions as to how exactly you can participate.

More information here : https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php? ... d-be-lost/
Last edited by CreeperLava on 12 Aug 2016, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby giftfish » 11 Aug 2016, 23:15

And, one more new link for the day.

To ensure continuity of all this information regarding the closure, new forum communities, projects, blogs, etc, there's now a new WordPress up. Most of this information right now is currently on the BioWare forums, so come October, it will be gone. This new site will prevent that and serve as a resource for all those poor ******* who decided to go afk in early July and don't come back until November... or something :/

https://whereisbioware.wordpress.com/

Site is still very much a WIP, but please start sharing the link :)

giftfish has been thanked by:
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Previous

Return to Off Topic