Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Mass Effect Scripts

Basic questions on how to achieve certain modding goals with the toolset. Texture and mesh-related questions have their own subforum. Answers not guaranteed.

Mass Effect Scripts

Postby Sil » 26 Aug 2016, 21:04

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are text files anywhere which contain all the dialogue said by each squad mate in each game? I could use it for something. Any help would be appreciated!
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Re: Mass Effect Scripts

Postby giftfish » 26 Aug 2016, 23:20

Sil wrote:Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are text files anywhere which contain all the dialogue said by each squad mate in each game? I could use it for something. Any help would be appreciated!

Pretty sure you mean ME1, and as far as I know, there isn't.

I'd love this actually, b/c as of right now there's no good way to search for dialogue in ME1. ME2/ME3 we have the single TLK, of course. Plus, for ME3 we have gibbed's dialogue tree dump which is one of the most useful modding references out there. We really need that same thing for ME1 and ME2.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby Sil » 27 Aug 2016, 08:51

giftfish wrote:Pretty sure you mean ME1, and as far as I know, there isn't.

I'd love this actually, b/c as of right now there's no good way to search for dialogue in ME1. ME2/ME3 we have the single TLK, of course. Plus, for ME3 we have gibbed's dialogue tree dump which is one of the most useful modding references out there. We really need that same thing for ME1 and ME2.

I actually meant for all three games :D, I didn't realise there was a tree dump for ME3, so that'd be helpful for me. Though what'd be most helpful is a dump for ME1 and 2. I've got two mod ideas forming that are completely non-combat and involve characters from the previous games, the ideas are based on two of the cut missions from the beta thread, as I thought they were really interesting.
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Postby giftfish » 27 Aug 2016, 13:38

You should check out my dialogue editing tutorial (and all the modding tutorials). It has all sorts of links you'll find interesting.

Btw, s lot of the questions you sent to me in your FAQ are already answered in the modding area of the forum. Many in the tutorials section itself.

EDIT: This is actually a ME modding-related question, btw, and not . So, moving to "How do I...".
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Return to How do I...?