Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[SOLVED] Cloning via drag/drop in PackEd

User-centric area for specific questions & problems related to using ME3Explorer tools. This is not a modding "how to" area. Read the sticky before posting!

[SOLVED] Cloning via drag/drop in PackEd

Postby giftfish » 24 Aug 2016, 15:05

@Sir -- "ME3 Package Editor: If you open two instances of the Package Editor and set them both to treeview, you can just drag imports and exports from one to the other. If the import/export has children, they will be imported as well, and the tree structure will be preserved."

Need some clarification on this new feature. I've tried to do this in both 2.0.5 & 2.0.10 between two files, using an export that is a package node and has a lot of children. The cloning doesn't work for me. I select the package name and then drag, and the mouse cursor just changes to "not allowed" (circle with the line through it). Is cloning entire packages not allowed for some reason? Could we make it allowed, lol?

I'll try importing the package through ME3Creator first and then adding the children... see if that fixes the problem.

EDIT: Does this have to do with import references, maybe? Looks like I need to add a StaticMesh class. Trying to do that via drag and drop between Import tabs also isn't working for me, though in this case, I *don't* get the "not allowed" mouseover (just nothing happens). Ha. Didn't realize imports were also visible on treeview. Okay, so tried the same thing but starting with the missing import I know I'll need. Same issue in that it doesn't want to allow the drag/drop. That one isn't a package, so now I know that creating the package first in ME3Creator isn't going to make a difference, so I'll save myself that bit of work for now. Dragging and dropping really isn't something that can be messed up (well, maybe unless you're my mother), but clearly, I'm missing something... or something weird is going on. Any ideas?

EDIT 2: I tried a simpler package with all necessary imports already in place and still no dice. This is where some debug output would come in handy, lol.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Re: Beta 2.0.5

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 24 Aug 2016, 19:00

Here's a video showing how to do it: https://gfycat.com/MasculineOrdinaryCony
You have to drag it onto the node that you want to be its parent. So in this case, since it was a package, I dragged it onto the root node.

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby giftfish » 24 Aug 2016, 19:05

SirCxyrtyx wrote:Here's a video showing how to do it: https://gfycat.com/MasculineOrdinaryCony
You have to drag it onto the node that you want to be its parent. So in this case, since it was a package, I dragged it onto the root node.

Ahhh. To the parent node. Got it. I definitely wasn't clear on that.

In the middle of something, but will try it again after lunch. Thanks!
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 25 Aug 2016, 19:55

@Sir -- I feel like a moron. There's still something weird going on with this.

When I drag into the destination tree window, I never get the black plus icon associated with the mouse. It stays the "not allowed" symbol the entire time. Yours changes as soon as you reach the destination tree window, before you even drop it in the correct spot.

I'll see if I can make a gif quick to show you.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Re: Cloning via drag/drop in PackEd

Postby giftfish » 28 Aug 2016, 18:12

FYI --

The answer to this question is to make sure you have two instances of PackEd open in a single instance of the toolset.

Whoops.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Return to Toolset Help