Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[ANSWRD] ME3Explorer console commands ?

User-centric area for specific questions & problems related to using ME3Explorer tools. This is not a modding "how to" area. Read the sticky before posting!

Re: Are there any ME3Explorer console commands ?

Postby CreeperLava » 22 May 2016, 07:38

I am very much interested yes ! Did you implement commands for TPF Tools ? If not, would you consider adding some ?

Also, where can I get documentation on the commands you added ?

I don't really want to go the Mod Manager route, automating everything, as explained above. I still want the users to have some control and some learning to do, the script should only facilitate the tedious task of batch texture installation.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby FemShep » 22 May 2016, 13:45

Haha no not saying use mod manager. I'm just saying it uses a lot of the built in ones.

They are documented in the wiki. It's for toc, extracting files from dlc, updating files in dlc, adding files in dlc, removing files in dlc...

I could look into adding some commands, but I have never once use to tools so I'm a big noob for that kind of thing, and I'm not an official toolset dev either.

You can also see list of commands if you do me3explorer.exe /? on the command line. I should move command line tons new project so we can have real command line and not the current hack job.

How automated are you expecting this? 100%? Cause for command line to be fully automated using a windowed system may not fully work... would have to bypass dialogs such.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby CreeperLava » 22 May 2016, 15:16

I don't have access to a Windows computer right now, but I'll try that out once I can. I edited the main post to reflect what I would need, here is a copy of it :
The commands I would need are :
- load a file
- analyse
- install
- clear all files
The rest can be done with existing windows commands.

So, afaik no dialogs to bypass or anything to do with Texplorer. The script would do something like :
for f in nb_of_dir (do //do batches of 300-400 files at once : a directory at once
for f in (dir *.dds) (do
me3explorer.exe -load f)
me3explorer.exe -analyse-all
me3explorer.exe -install-all
me3explorer.exe -clear-all ))
I probably didn't get the syntax right, but that should give you an idea of what I expect from the commands. If it is suboptimal and should be done elsewise, please tell me so^^.
CreeperLava
User

Postby FemShep » 22 May 2016, 17:04

Once me3explorer is launched you can't pass it another command line. You would need to merge it all into one command or have each command being run do a single task and exit. For texture stuff it may be best to let kfreon do the me3explorer side since it's his domain, but idk when he gets back. I'll certainly help you with the script sides though. If it'll be a while I'll work on it with you.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby CreeperLava » 22 May 2016, 17:14

Good point, hadn't thought of that. So I would need to input an array of files as argument to the me3explorer exe and have that command do the analyse/install/clear part at once. Would this work ?
Code: Select all
for f in nb_of_dir (do //do batches of 300-400 files at once : a directory at once
me3explorer.exe -install=(dir *.dds)
)

I'll be in holidays in 2 weeks, so I'll have time to start learning the toolset code if need be (albeit slowly and with my modest skills^^). It would be a nice exercise, for sure.

Thanks for your help !
CreeperLava
User

Postby FemShep » 22 May 2016, 18:41

Yes, you can combine them like that. You'd do like --inputdir <inputdir> --analyze --install --installdir <dir> and stuff. You could also have it build the tree for the user with something like --buildtree --installdir <dir>, and when that exits just fire up me3explorer again with --install <dir> --tpfdir <dir> (not sure exactly how you install alot, since i've never really been into texture mods for me3)

IF you have a small testing set of files I could do it. I'd rather not test with the entire a lot cause i hear it takes hours.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby CreeperLava » 22 May 2016, 19:28

I'd rather not automate the tree building, since it's one of those things that is better done from a GUI (lots of options to take into account). I simply want to automate texture installation. I will use the 7z version of ALOT, since it is the fastest to install. I will take down the METPF one.
Basically this is what you would get once you downloaded the 7z torrent :
7 archives
1 .bat file

You run the .bat, and it takes care of everything, including extracting the archives. So, if you want to test stuff, you can simply download one of the 7z archives on Nexus, or even just one subfolder of the DDS version if you want a smaller number of files.

Edit : Here is a link to the smallest 7z archive I could find, for ALOT ME2.
CreeperLava
User

Postby FemShep » 23 May 2016, 14:59

I'll look into this in the next couple of days, got a few other things in the pipeline to work out first.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page

FemShep has been thanked by:
FemShep
Modder

Re: [ANSWRD] ME3Explorer console commands ?

Postby giftfish » 28 Aug 2016, 18:52

Locking topic.

The initial question was answered. Conversation revolving around further development of the toolset/toolset isn't proper content for Toolset Help.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Previous

Return to Toolset Help