Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

ME3Logger

Non-toolset utilities for the ME Trilogy developed by community coders. Note: Restricted to coder- or modder-oriented tools. User-oriented tools belong where they can be adequately supported (e.g., Nexusmods).

Re: [Tool] ME3Logger

Postby Kinkojiro » 26 Jul 2015, 17:48

Question for you Heff. I am getting an error logged like this:

ULinkerLoad::operator<<, Bad name index 1678/1588, Archive ..\..\BIOGame\DLC\DLC_CON_MAPMOD\CookedPCConsole\BioD_Nor.pcc | Stacktrace: ME3Logger <- [0x45d219] <- [0x48d541] <- [0x42e433]

The file has only 1587 names. What is the likely cause of this error? Any clues how to track it down?

Also I see several serial size mismatches. Any thoughts how to fix?
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby Heff » 26 Jul 2015, 18:08

Kinkojiro wrote:Question for you Heff. I am getting an error logged like this:

ULinkerLoad::operator<<, Bad name index 1678/1588, Archive ..\..\BIOGame\DLC\DLC_CON_MAPMOD\CookedPCConsole\BioD_Nor.pcc | Stacktrace: ME3Logger <- [0x45d219] <- [0x48d541] <- [0x42e433]

The file has only 1587 names. What is the likely cause of this error? Any clues how to track it down?

Also I see several serial size mismatches. Any thoughts how to fix?

Unless you've been writing bytecode, that most likely means a faulty property somewhere.
For example, an array property with a count lower than the actual amount will cause the game to stop parsing the array, and start parsing a new property.
Each property starts with a name index to the name of the property, or "none" if it's the last property.

So what's happening is most likely that one property ends prematurely, and the following 4 bytes is the value 1678 inf hex, which the game tries to treat as a name index for the next property. Your best bet is to search the edits you've made for 1678 in hex, and then look at the properties of that object, up until the point where that number is found. Last time I saw this was for TM, and that was an array that had proper size but not updated count.

As for serial size mismatches, the game seems riddled with those even in the vanilla files :/.
Could still be an user error though, so best you can do is try to remember if you've changed any object sizes manually for some reason.

Heff has been thanked by:
Heff
Coder

Have thanks: 61 time

Postby Pulsifer » 29 Aug 2015, 21:29

Just downloaded this to try to log some errors in the ALOT mod. I've been using the ordinary Binkw32.dll DLC unlocker until this point to skip the DLC verification. Had to replace the file with this one, but now when I try to start I get this error code:

"Invalid license. Reason code: Missing DLL binkw32.dll Error: 0x0000007E."

I had already downloaded and installed the Visual C++ 2013 runtime you linked to in your post
Pulsifer
User

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Pulsifer » 29 Aug 2015, 21:34

Pulsifer wrote:Just downloaded this to try to log some errors in the ALOT mod. I've been using the ordinary Binkw32.dll DLC unlocker until this point to skip the DLC verification. Had to replace the file with this one, but now when I try to start I get this error code:

"Invalid license. Reason code: Missing DLL binkw32.dll Error: 0x0000007E."

I had already downloaded and installed the Visual C++ 2013 runtime you linked to in your post

Actually, never mind.*facepalm*

I feel stupid now. I had downloaded and installed the Visual C++ 2013 runtime for x64 architechture because I have 64 bit Windows 10. Yeeeeah, you see the problem. Runs fine after installing the x86 version as well.
Pulsifer
User

Have thanks: 1 time

Re: ME3Logger

Postby Ottemis » 05 Sep 2016, 19:25

Necro time! Thanks for this Heff, just saved my bacon <3 Awesome =)
Ottemis
Harbinger

Have thanks: 247 time

Previous

Return to Third-Party Utilities