Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Beta 2.0.12

Information and links to new stable & beta releases.

Beta 2.0.12

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 07 Sep 2016, 21:43

Issues Resolved
#401(V2.0.11 Bug: Meshplorer unable to select mesh objects): Kinkojiro
Meshplorer should work properly again.

#404(V2.0.11: Crashes using Package Editor and Meshplorer): Ottemis
Toolset would crash when all three games weren't installed. I also fixed a bug that would cause ME3Explorer to crash during launch if it couldn't auto-detect the install location of ME3.

Additional Changes
  • The FaceFXEditor should be able to handle NonSpkr animsets now. If no FaceFX lines show up when you load one then that just means it doesn't have any.
  • The ability to open UDKExplorer from ME3Explorer has been restored.
  • Thanks to KFreon, Texmod is no longer necessary to create .tpfs, and has been removed from the toolset.
  • The Sequence Editor auto-save view option now defaults to false, as it can cause issues when cloning.

TLK Editor
The ME3+ME2 TLK Editor has been improved.
It now uses a similar compact format to TankMaster's version, but can still create .tlks from xml files made with the old version.
If the xml is malformed, it should give an error message with a line number.
For no data entries it will now display a calculated id, which is what is referenced by game files. This calculated id is purely for user convenience, it is not read when generating a .tlk file.
Code: Select all
  <String id="641235">I'm back on the Normandy on an important mission. Sure could use you.</String>     
  <String id="-2146842412" calculatedId="641236">-1</String>
  <String id="641237">You don't have to wrestle down krogan and break their necks. I'm sure we could find you lighter work.</String>

Get It Here
(Disclaimer: This is a beta release, so the only person who has tested any of this is me. That means there will be bugs, and you will encounter them. When you do, please make a bug report on Github so that they can be fixed.)

SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Re: Beta 2.0.12

Postby Ottemis » 08 Sep 2016, 01:49

Yayayayay!
Ottemis
Harbinger

Have thanks: 247 time

Postby CreeperLava » 08 Sep 2016, 08:26

SirCxyrtyx wrote:Thanks to KFreon, Texmod is no longer necessary to create .tpfs, and has been removed from the toolset.

Awesome, thanks K !
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby CreeperLava » 14 Sep 2016, 19:45

Hehe, I got 2.0.12 to work on Linux :D (w/ Wine). My laptop is on Linux Mint, so the only way I had to access my main Windows computer was through Teamviewer. It will be much easier now^^.

Edit : Well, looks like I spoke too soon. It started crashing on start when I entered the paths to the ME exes. I got it to run by disabling the DLC check on start in the config, but it won't recognize the game files.
@Sir, did you add any integrity check on the game's exes ? I just created an empty MassEffect3.exe file, hoping it would work. It worked on previous versions in Windows, at least.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Return to New Releases