Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[SOLVED] Adding 'Out' Links in Sequence Editor

User-centric area for specific questions & problems related to using ME3Explorer tools. This is not a modding "how to" area. Read the sticky before posting!

[SOLVED] Adding 'Out' Links in Sequence Editor

Postby Ectheliual » 27 Apr 2016, 15:28

I've cloned an instance of the SeqAct_Delay to create a loop for an animation in sequence editor, but I can't figure out how to add an out link to the specific instance of the delay so I can loop it back into the animation itself. I've not found anything on the wiki that's particularly helpful in regards to this, so any help is appreciated.
Ectheliual
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Adding 'Out' Links in Sequence Editor

Postby giftfish » 27 Apr 2016, 15:34

Try Fob's sequence editing tutorial in the Modders Tutorial area.

Output links are arrays, which used to require hex-editing them in. With the most recent beta 2.0.2 there's now a way to add and reshuffle arrays, so make sure you download it and look around. What you're trying to do may still require hex editing, as I haven't tried the new tool, yet.

Either way, make sure you back up the files you're trying to mod.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 27 Apr 2016, 16:05

There's no hex editing required to link things up in the sequence editor, just click on the little black box right next to the output link label and drag it to the input link you're trying to connect it to. It works just like the UDK kismet editor.

Fob's sequence editing tutorial was made back when the sequence editor was just a viewer.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby Ectheliual » 27 Apr 2016, 16:38

giftfish wrote:Try Fob's sequence editing tutorial in the Modders Tutorial area.

Output links are arrays, which used to require hex-editing them in. With the most recent beta 2.0.2 there's now a way to add and reshuffle arrays, so make sure you download it and look around. What you're trying to do may still require hex editing, as I haven't tried the new tool, yet.

Either way, make sure you back up the files you're trying to mod.

Great, thanks for the prompt reply. Hopefully life will give me a chance to really dig into that soon. Still trying to figure things out, but there's never enough time to make as much progress as I want to. :lol:
Ectheliual
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby The Fob » 27 Apr 2016, 17:13

Yea, my old tutorial is really outdated for most things these days. It was created over 3 years ago with WV's original sequence editor (more of a viewer back then, I still find myself trying to zoom with right click and dragging ;))). With all the updates, there is basically no HEX editing required anymore for sequence mods. The tutorial still gives some insight on how sequences work and I think the chapter about streaming states might still be useful but in terms of using the tool, you should probably just go ahead and right click everywhere to find all the options. :)
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby giftfish » 14 Sep 2016, 19:22

SirCxyrtyx wrote:There's no hex editing required to link things up in the sequence editor, just click on the little black box right next to the output link label and drag it to the input link you're trying to connect it to. It works just like the UDK kismet editor.

Fob's sequence editing tutorial was made back when the sequence editor was just a viewer.

@Sir, I don't think this solves the issue.

I'm pretty sure the OP was asking about the situation where there are no existing output links at all. In this case, there is no black box, so a link cannot be created, period. You can add the Output Links property in PackEd and then the array, but if you forget to add the LinkedOp subarray (?), then SeqEd will crash.

What would be nice is the ability to right-click "Add Input Link/Output Link/Variable Link" within Sequence Editor. This will create the empty "box" so the links can be created. Without this option, the cloning feature is a bit restrictive, since you'll have to go into PackEd anyway to add the properties so you can add the necessary links.

Let me know if you want me to toss that suggestion on Git.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Re: [SOLVED] Adding 'Out' Links in Sequence Editor

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 14 Sep 2016, 23:39

You can open the Interpreter from the Sequence Editor and add properties there, no need to use the Package Editor. And I'm not sure what you mean by the "LinkedOp subarray". If you add the OutputLink Property, and then add an element to the array, things work fine in the Sequence Editor.

An "Add Output Link/Variable Link" feature does sound useful though, so a GitHub issue would be warranted I think.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Re: [SOLVED] Adding 'Out' Links in Sequence Editor

Postby giftfish » 15 Sep 2016, 00:40

SirCxyrtyx wrote:You can open the Interpreter from the Sequence Editor and add properties there, no need to use the Package Editor.

All sorts of things I don't know, lol...

SirCxyrtyx wrote:And I'm not sure what you mean by the "LinkedOp subarray". If you add the OutputLink Property, and then add an element to the array, things work fine in the Sequence Editor.

The element is the problem (sorry, terminology fail). You can't just add the Property and the base array, otherwise it crashes.

SirCxyrtyx wrote:An "Add Output Link/Variable Link" feature does sound useful though, so a GitHub issue would be warranted I think.

Will do.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Return to Toolset Help