Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

PC got a blue screen when installing ME3 textures

We don't provide mod support; that's the mod author's job. Contact them with questions, first. If they are no longer supporting the mod, you may ask here, but there's no guarantee of an answer.

PC got a blue screen when installing ME3 textures

Postby eriol33 » 29 Sep 2016, 16:29

hello, this is my first post. I am just recently discovered Me3explorer and decided to install ALOT textures on my ME3 installation. However, today when I installed "environment - others", my pc got a blue screen and restarted (probably not because of the Me3 explorer). after logged in, I started me3explorer again and drag drop the files. However I received notifications that some of the files are not found in tree. previously it never happened during the previous installation. I wonder if there is any way to resolve this? I really don't want to reinstall everything from the scratch :(
eriol33
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: PC got a blue screen when installing ME3 textures

Postby CreeperLava » 29 Sep 2016, 16:46

Heh, reminds me of a time where I too got a BSOD while using ME3Explorer. It was not related to ME3Explorer at all, and reinstalling my graphics driver fixed the issue. Maybe it will help for you, too. It most likely won't, given the number of possible causes for a BSOD, so you should use a search engine to find information related to your specific error. I used this tool to uninstall both nvidia and intel drivers.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby eriol33 » 29 Sep 2016, 17:01

hi creeper lava. it's probably because of my nvidia graphic card I just updated it recently and gave me some troubles.

but my question is not about the blue screen, but how to resolve the "not found" messages on me3explorer. I tried to play the game... and I got stuck at infinite loading screen.

here are files that are not found in my tree:

MASSEFFECT3.EXE_0x0DFCFF78.dds
MASSEFFECT3.EXE_0x81EA458E.dds
MASSEFFECT3.EXE_0xACBFE2C3.dds
character creation_IA4 <---- format (??)
MASSEFFECT3.EXE_0x26F79734
MASSEFFECT3.EXE_0x01e3ca12
MASSEFFECT3.EXE_0xd6667eab
MASSEFFECT3.EXE_0x3f6d9857

if there's anyone can tell me how to fix this without fresh reinstall, I will be very thankful. I spend the last few days only to install this mod. and now I have to reinstall everything from scratch? *cries*
eriol33
User

Postby CreeperLava » 29 Sep 2016, 18:23

You should read the FAQ of ALOT carefully, all the answers to your questions are there.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby giftfish » 29 Sep 2016, 18:23

Moving this thread to "Other people's Stuff", as it's really a support request for ALOT.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby eriol33 » 30 Sep 2016, 12:17

CreeperLava wrote:You should read the FAQ of ALOT carefully, all the answers to your questions are there.

oh man, you're right. I think I need to reinstall. sigh. oh well, thanks for the hints.
eriol33
User

Return to Other People's Stuff