Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Feros

User-centric area to discuss ideas and request mods. Toolset modders may also float ideas for new mods here; if pursued, the thread can be relocated to Mods in Development.

Feros

Postby Sil » 08 Oct 2016, 00:36

As I was laying the framework out for the mod I want to make, which are all text-based as I’m doubting I can do much more than that alone without some kind of modding tutor, when I struck upon a realisation that I’m unsure if anyone else has noticed. I realised that Firebase Vancouver it could be just about any city anywhere, nothing in the level layout or design made me realise it was meant to be in Canada, except for the fact that the level is named after a Canadian city. It could easily be on another planet entirely if you ignored the Alliance symbol in the level. I obviously know that it is very difficult to add a mission to the game, I'm more just pondering the possibility of this.

If you’re the one person on the forum with amnesia about Feros, here is a Codex description of the planet:

“Feros is a habitable world in the Attican Beta cluster. Two-thirds of the habitable surface is covered with the ruins of crumbling Prothean megalopolis. In the millennia since the Prothean extinction, the ruins have been picked over by looters many times.

Feros was considered a poor prospect for colonisation as little open ground remains for agriculture. The only sizeable fresh water sources are the poles, which are tapped by the decaying Prothean aqueduct system. The dead cities, while in good condition considering their antiquity, are of uncertain stability. Ground level is congested by a dozen meters of fallen debris, and the air is fouled by dust.

In 2178, the human ExoGeni Corporation announced its intention to place a permanent colony on Feros, to thoroughly explore the ruins. The pioneer settlement was placed on the upper levels of the several intact skyscrapers, using the surviving Prothean aqueducts and rooftop hydroponics gardens to support the population.”

The problem with making the level, if you ignore the fact that adding a level isn’t easy to begin with, is wondering what on earth brings Shepard to that skyscraper. I’ve wracked my brains for an idea of why he’d go there, here are the vague ideas I’ve theorised:

- ExoGeni could have found some interesting Prothean tech on the planet
    - Shepard could be looking for Shiala & the Zhu’s Hope colonists, they may have gone underground in their fight against the Reapers and a lead could be found in the skyscraper
    - There could be Thorian research files that Shepard needs to access, the spores in Shiala were involved in wiping out her indoctrination, so maybe he’s trying to recover some data to test them

Are any of those good enough ideas to warrant a playable mission? Are there any other ideas out there? I’d be interested to see what others would think of why he’d go there if Firebase Vancouver was ever converted into a Feros level.
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Return to Mod Ideas and Requests