Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Repoint a texture to another existing texture

Area for texture-specific, modding-related discussion. Topics that involve models/meshes/actors go in the mesh area. As with other non-toolset related content, answers not guaranteed.

Repoint a texture to another existing texture

Postby FemShep » 07 Oct 2016, 20:27

I am trying to make the default unreal engine texture (the white and purple checkerboard) use a different texture. (I guess it's the default model object that uses this texture, technically). I know there are other simple textures like concrete, grass, and sand. The unreleased multiplayer maps use this default texture on most of the stage objects and its a real eye bleed experience. I looked through the BioX files and none seem to reference this default texture so I think a higher class object is defaulting to it and the subclass is not overriding.

I've seen guides on how to add new textures, but I've never seen info on how an object sets its texture... I've looked at the wiki, I've looked at the forums, and I'm not sure how I would do it. Since this is MP I can't add a new tfc dlc. The textures can be seen in texplorer under the startup.pcc file as engine default etc. (Default decal, default diffuse).

How are textures actually referenced by pcc? I see the GUID, but it doesn't match anything in texplorer.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Re: Repoint a texture to another existing texture

Postby Sil » 07 Oct 2016, 20:37

On a quick bit of research, I found:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/IN ... /Textures/

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/IN ... Start/1/3/

https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Texture ... tings.html

I'm pretty sure you've already looked up these sources, but I thought I'd post them just in case you hadn't. They may help.
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Re: Repoint a texture to another existing texture

Postby FemShep » 08 Oct 2016, 01:17

I did not look at those resources. Perusing them now though doesn't seem to have any details on how to change texture on a material... I imagine in engine or such there is soke default model object that had a checkerboard texture.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Return to Texture Discussion