Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

ME3 Beta-Leaked story content (from Nov 2011)

User-centric area to discuss ideas and request mods. Toolset modders may also float ideas for new mods here; if pursued, the thread can be relocated to Mods in Development.

Re: ME3 Beta-Leaked story content (from Nov 2011)

Postby KidzComeOut » 04 Nov 2015, 04:12

I don't know if it's necessarily better or worse than the final product. Just different. I know I'd have liked to try this version out too. So I take it Javik is there instead of Starbrat.
KidzComeOut
User

Have thanks: 5 time

Postby sansuni » 09 Nov 2015, 13:49

KidzComeOut wrote:I don't know if it's necessarily better or worse than the final product. Just different. I know I'd have liked to try this version out too. So I take it Javik is there instead of Starbrat.

In my biased opinion, it would have been a much much better game. I mean, it wouldn't solve the problems with ending by any means, but there are some glaring plot holes in the main game that bothered me from the day one.

Cerberus/Illusive man's actions for one makes at least some sense in the beta version. He is indoctrinated, not retarded after all.

I wonder if someone still has the beta files.. Maybe someone could restore some of the more complete deleted content at least. There are many recorded lines never made out of the beta release after all. Or maybe someone could put a up modding resource of deleted content... That would have been nice.
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Postby crazyrabbits » 28 Dec 2015, 10:30

sansuni wrote:It is a shame they butchered the game, though it would help the endings, some of those cut content would have made the story better for the rest of the game. Especially the sequences about the Earth before it got invaded before reapers. Shepard's trial with Anderson defending him depending on his/her actions in the previous games.. It would have been priceless.

The one surprised me the most, before they changed it and turned it into a DLC, the prothean (Javik) was the Catalyst.. That could potentially mean no starbrat. Another thing is that before it was cut, this was used to explain a lot of Cerberus's actions. (that doesn't even make any damn sense in the final game.)

The saddest part is, some of the cut content was already voiced and scripted.. If only we had access to beta's and/previous builds of the game. A lot of things could have been fixed and readded to the game.

Personally, I don't believe there was ever a time when they had any concept for the final encounter besides the Guardian/Starchild. From what I can tell, they had that Guardian concept hashed out until the very late stages of development (to the point that they had the textures/sounds created for the final area) and only then realized that they needed to rewrite it.

I'd like to see a mod someday that restores the original textures and ambient sounds for the original ending, as part of the larger KOTOR 2-style restoration mod I've always visualized for the game.
crazyrabbits
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Postby Sil » 15 Sep 2016, 18:06

I won't provide a link because I'm unsure how the people on the forum views such things, but I've seen evidence that the Mass Effect 3 Private Beta (Xbox 360) has been cracked and is now playable. I don't understand the details of how, nor have I downloaded it or anything, I just stumbled across a video on youtube that led to the forum that managed it. The reason I'm mentioning this here is that it may contain audio files for some of the cut assignments (such as the Admiral Xen quest). It's doubtful there would be much to glean from it, but if anyone is interested I'll point them in the direction of the forum over private message, unless it is fine to provide a link to the forum page on this thread.

Edit: I'm quite surprised that there has been no interest in this at all, I would've thought someone would have wanted to know.
Sil
User

Postby crazyrabbits » 10 Oct 2016, 00:58

Sil wrote:I won't provide a link because I'm unsure how the people on the forum views such things, but I've seen evidence that the Mass Effect 3 Private Beta (Xbox 360) has been cracked and is now playable. I don't understand the details of how, nor have I downloaded it or anything, I just stumbled across a video on youtube that led to the forum that managed it. The reason I'm mentioning this here is that it may contain audio files for some of the cut assignments (such as the Admiral Xen quest). It's doubtful there would be much to glean from it, but if anyone is interested I'll point them in the direction of the forum over private message, unless it is fine to provide a link to the forum page on this thread.

Edit: I'm quite surprised that there has been no interest in this at all, I would've thought someone would have wanted to know.

I have a copy of the private beta, but I haven't tried it out yet, nor have I attempted to datamine any of the files. Right now, I'm just keeping it for archival purposes. If there's another version I'm not aware of (I have the 360 rip, apparently), I'd love to see it too.

Edit: There's a couple of videos that show the gameplay in the beta. I'll look through and see what I can find that differs from the final product.
crazyrabbits
User

Previous

Return to Mod Ideas and Requests