Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

checkstates for endgame

Dedicated area for content modders to help each other with technical aspects of modding the Mass Effect Trilogy.

checkstates for endgame

Postby Deager » 14 Dec 2016, 17:36

So, I've had a few requests, probably more than a few, about LIME and the epilogue slides and blah blah. Basically, is there a way to control the checkstates at the end of the game so I can have something earlier in the game pretty much always have the high EMS option available?

I cheated with LIME by using a checkstate for if EDI was available as a squad mate, which is pretty sloppy for making the mod malleable. If it's difficult or not possible, that's fine. I just am thinking a few of you know for sure what the deal might be.

Thanks,
Deager
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Re: checkstates for endgame

Postby Kinkojiro » 14 Dec 2016, 23:28

I don't quite understand Deager. You want "something earlier in the game always have the high EMS option available?"

The EMS is set at the launch of Cronos, or for EGM when the Normandy starts the attack. If you change plot states after that the game won't overwrite them. Is the "something" earlier than that?

You want a bool that is always true or you want to fix the EMS check to always give a high outcome? If the former the easiest is to just skip the checkstate? Or you want the epilogue to always run with highest HMS outcomes?
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby Deager » 15 Dec 2016, 00:30

Good questions; what do I mean? Ultimately, I want the epilogue to always run with the highest outcomes. Or I suppose, I want the entire ending bit from the beam run on, to run with the highest outcomes. Does that clear it up, or is it still mud?

EDIT: Perhaps to put another way, if instead of having to manipulate a bunch of files' checkstate stuff in the ending bits, if instead something else would cause all of those to be true, that's what I'm after.
Deager
Modder

Postby Kinkojiro » 15 Dec 2016, 01:08

The EMS function is unrealscript so it would be hard to unravel/duplicate.

If you go through each file and find which plotstates are checked and work them out you could then run a statetransition which turns all those states positive at the beginning of the beam run.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby Deager » 15 Dec 2016, 02:04

Kinkojiro wrote:If you go through each file and find which plotstates are checked and work them out you could then run a statetransition...

And that's the theory I couldn't grasp. I know, I know. I should be aware of how that works by now. Not sure if I can do it but that should help immensely. Thanks!
Deager
Modder

Return to Modders' Help