Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[SOLVED] Question about TOC

User-centric area for specific questions & problems related to using ME3Explorer tools. This is not a modding "how to" area. Read the sticky before posting!

[SOLVED] Question about TOC

Postby whiteshiro » 30 Dec 2016, 16:00

Hello all,

I have a question related the auto TOC function in ME3explorer

When i read 'how to install a mod'' 9/10 times the asked if i could run a Auto TOC. Should i do this everytime i install a mod, or could i just install all mods first and then do a AUTO TOC.

My second question:

My game freezes a lot when i am using mods what could be the problem? and how can i fix the problem to make sure all my mods work stable? Do i have to run a create order of some kind? ( bit confused)

I understand i might be asking a lot from you guys, and i am not 100procent sure if i give you guys all the information needed, but i am new to this! please be gentle! ;)

With regards,
Shiro
whiteshiro
User

Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Question about TOC

Postby giftfish » 30 Dec 2016, 17:47

1. When you TOC doesn't matter, as long as you TOC before loading up the game. Failing to TOC isn't a problem until you're trying to play.

2. Freezes can be caused by failing to TOC, improper mod installation, or incompatible mods (or bugs in mods). If you are freezing a lot, that indicates you're not TOCing correctly, or you are using mods that aren't compatible.

3. The wiki covers details about mod install order. See "An Intro to Mass Effect Mods". Installation order has no impact on TOCing, as long as you TOC after installing all mods and prior to loading the game. If you do Texplorer scans and install texture mods via TPF Tools, I tend to TOC manually a lot. It probably isn't necessary, but I like to know these tools are working with an updated TOC file.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Re: Question about TOC

Postby whiteshiro » 30 Dec 2016, 21:39

Thank you for the help mate, using a few mods you created! very happy with it ;)

whiteshiro has been thanked by:
whiteshiro
User

Have thanks: 1 time

Return to Toolset Help