Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Ottemis is my role model.. I made textures.

General chat about Mass Effect or otherwise.

Ottemis is my role model.. I made textures.

Postby Tarshana » 17 Oct 2016, 05:46

When I came back to ME3 after a year+ of hiatus and found so many mods I happily discovered Ottemis still had her textures around AND a couple updates. Squee.

I wanted to do something with the men's faces.. they were so...flat and uhm... rough. Like more rough than necessary and just kinda erckle. So I tackled the issue.

Steve you sexy mofo.

I tackled the normals but pulling them out, texturing them by hand and using the old normal as a guide. I still have to figure out why the hell the neck seam is being a jerk but I think that is on the diffuse map side. I got kindled by doing this when I discovered face seams after downloading and installing the A LOT textures. Sometimes pulling images out of Texplorer causes hiccups and of course the mips never save right :) Between these forums and reading blogs I did something well :D

Next up are the beards and other facial features.

Then I tackled the women faces

I trimmed the brows and made them even on each side and not so close together. Some of them are off kilter and do not match up.(strong eyebrows are doubly awesome imo.. I wish I had them irl!) I softened the lips and made the spec map vibrant and the makeup map more even and slightly sparkly at the lips. Note: The dark eyeliner is from me editing in Gibbed so I could see how well I outlined the eyes and the lip shine is also modified by me so I could make sure the lips lined up. Sorry for the super white face, I think it is the lighting. I actually use the third setting.

I did this from reading Ottemis' blog posts. Not that I am in her league at all but I am really thankful for all the trailblazers out there. Now if I could just give Garrus something other than BLUE to wear I will be a happy camper :D

Comparison screens:

http://i.imgur.com/s8lzEp6.png

http://i.imgur.com/z76UyHS.png

Tarshana has been thanked by:
Tarshana
User

Have thanks: 4 time

Re: Ottemis is my role model.. I made textures.

Postby Sil » 06 Nov 2016, 22:58

I'm surprised no-one responded to this sooner, but I think you've done an excellent job :D
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Postby Deager » 07 Nov 2016, 18:47

That's a good point. I haven't been keeping up here much in a while. It is, indeed, good work.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby Ottemis » 15 Dec 2016, 17:16

Hey! I should check the forums more often shouldn't I =o
Those look awesome, very nice job!

Trailbrazer, hah. Shucks.
Ottemis
Harbinger

Have thanks: 247 time

Postby Tarshana » 06 Jan 2017, 06:36

You are a trailblazer. Your posts have saved my forehead from hitting the wall too often ;)

Tarshana has been thanked by:
Tarshana
User

Have thanks: 4 time

Return to Off Topic