Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

How to skip the "Press Start" screen

General references and tutorials not related to textures, meshes, or content modding.This board is locked and will be archived once transferred to the wiki. New content should be posted directly to the wiki.

Re: How to skip the "Press Start" screen

Postby ByteMe » 03 Jul 2013, 13:48

Eudaimonium wrote:Good idea, it'd be good to replace the Mass Relay clip. I vote for that 2-3 seconds looped animation of Relay from ME1 loading screens.

It loops as long as it takes for your 'puter to load the next level.

Besides I hate that the volume of the sound effects in that Relay jump clip is like, 200% louder than the rest of the entire game.

The attached file is basically a 'blank' bik file that I used to replace the movie on my computer to skip the video.

To use it: First rename or backup the existing file below.
"%InstallDir%\BIOGame\Movies\GLO_01_Relay.bik"
Then extract the file in the zip to the same directory.

It doesn't stop the sound, but travel is usually instant this way =)

EDIT: Ok so I just spent an hour trying to find the sound file...you'd think "Wwise_MassRelay_Cineanim.afc" would be it. When extracted, it sounds right...however modifying or removing or even replacing it has 0 effect. So I tried sorting thru the various 'nor' titled files for another copy of the sound and have found nothing but a headache. Why have this file if they aren't going to #@$*^@##$ use it!?

EDIT2: Solved! Full info found here: removing-the-mass-relay-movie-audio-t549.html
Last edited by ByteMe on 19 Jul 2013, 01:17, edited 2 times in total.
Its not a bug, its a feature.
ByteMe
User

Have thanks: 14 time

Postby ByteMe » 18 Jul 2013, 15:08

user2929 wrote:IF someone checks this post....

1)mod job does not intall properly.
Im using v0100w installed in game directory on fresh install of me3.

downloaded the mod file and loaded it in Mod maked

when press Run All it gives 2 messages

and then "All mods installed succesfully"

But Press Any Kay screen still appears.

2) bin file works file. And auto TOC updater is awesome!

I finally decided to give this a go as well and while I never got any errors I did notice that the .mod I downloaded while resulting in an unpacked 15 meg file, didn't seem to do the trick.

When I opened the original mod I notice it has 2 'jobs' listed rather than 1, perhaps that has something to do with it?restoring the original after replacing it or something?

Replacing it manually with your bin was perfect though so I used the totally awesome modmaker and did a quick comparison of the pccs then generated a new mod file in case others have issues with the original as well.
Its not a bug, its a feature.
ByteMe
User

Have thanks: 14 time

Postby WarrantyVoider » 18 Jul 2013, 16:40

well yeah, it had some issues that it didnt saved when done only once and so I simply added it twice, this was a lame fix, but it worked^^ I hope now it should work with one job alone, thanks for the conversion :D

greetz
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Previous

Return to General References and Tutorials