Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Increasing ME3's save limit - SUCCESS

General references and tutorials not related to textures, meshes, or content modding.This board is locked and will be archived once transferred to the wiki. New content should be posted directly to the wiki.

Re: Increasing ME3's save limit - SUCCESS

Postby KidzComeOut » 13 Nov 2012, 19:58

no you can't edit the max saves number via the Properties view, ONLY with hex. once you edit the hex value, the Properties view will automatically update to the new max saves number you entered, like

32 00 -> 0F A0 (as it is) to give yourself the amount of 40,975 max saves :)

I've also posted this at the BSN along with instructions on how to do it with YOUR tool only :). don't thank me yet, wait till you get my bill. the whore I am, I like to overcharge
KidzComeOut
User

Have thanks: 5 time

Postby WarrantyVoider » 13 Nov 2012, 21:39

did you read that I made an update for you?! try again (enter value, press enter, thats it)

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby GraphiteGal » 14 Nov 2012, 09:19

Hi

Just curious but why do you need to do this at all? It's not actually a cap on the number of saves as it can be in some games.

On the PC you just create sub-folder in your character's folder and move the save games. If you need an earlier save, alt+TAB while in-game and copy that save back into parent. Have to remember to leave the last save in place to keep numbers contiguous but this method has worked for me for past few years.
GraphiteGal
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby KidzComeOut » 14 Nov 2012, 10:35

I don't mean to be rude but you clearly got no clue what you're on about and why we're doing this. You're not playing the same game we are. Yes it IS a cap on the number of saves and no I don't feel like alt+tabbing anywhere to do anything. Go see for yourself, save the game 50 times and then tell me if it let's you save a 51st time. It will only allow you to rewrite existing saves past that point. Then come back n tell me I'm wrong.

Seriously, I came over HERE to research it and avoid all the idiots on the BSN telling me the exact same thing you did. So how about you just go over there and leave the research to those who wanna learn to do more. Toodles!
Last edited by KidzComeOut on 14 Nov 2012, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
KidzComeOut
User

Postby WarrantyVoider » 14 Nov 2012, 11:51

@Kids could you finally confirm that you can edit the values in properties with the latest version? It works fine here...

greetz WV
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Postby KidzComeOut » 14 Nov 2012, 15:26

Sourceforge.net is down. I'll also post it on youtube later......now it's back up again. Sure does work babe, you're finger-lickin good!
KidzComeOut
User

Postby WarrantyVoider » 14 Nov 2012, 16:51

Thanks for the clarification. Another bug off the list...
greetz
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Previous

Return to General References and Tutorials