Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Hi everyone!

New to the community? Come on in and tell us about yourself. Welcome!

Hi everyone!

Postby darkcity » 17 Feb 2014, 18:14

Hey. I'm new here guys. I'm french. My english isn't perfect, so hope you guys still understand me correctly.

Let's introduce...

Glad to find this forum. Glad to find some community based place of exchange, work, ideas... and so on about this beloved game. I mean this trilogy, this journey, this adventure, Shepard, the galaxy, tons of amazing places, races, things, characters... Eh. I can't fully describe it so it's complex and vast. But you guys understand me, I know it.

Two reasons I bring my ass here guys. Or many more, but let's try to explain.

1 - Like I said, the Mass Effect experience was truly amazing to me. A piece of art. Not simply a game. It touched me, in many ways. From the first game, its continuation, and till the end. The end, yeah (I'll talk a bit about it in the next paragraph.) So... exploring the Galaxy, moving from star system to star system with a unique crew, each member with his own story, bringing so much diversity and curiosity, making me want to know every single aspect of each, place, character... I mean, soooo much enjoyable it was!! As long as we talk about stories, games (and it was far more than a simple game to me), Mass Effect marked me, impregnated me, so far. So much. That's really not enough to describe my feelings guys, but hey, I can't make a book out of it, you probably understand me in your own way and feelings. So I can continue.

2 - The end of a trilogy. Here we are. ME3 end line guys. Okay... I just finished the game few days ago and... First of all, it was amazing. I mean, yeah, the game's amazing, can't say otherwise. The atmosphere. Trying to accomplish something that is really big and vast, concerning all the Galaxy, all the races, all the human and alien beings trying to fix their own issues to focus on what is essential. Playing as Shepard, being implicated in each story and place of the Galaxy and trying the best to gather everyone around you. Around you, and on the ship... Destination : we don't know exactly but sure the Reapers are implied. ;-) So yeah... Very exciting moments. Not a perfect game, (what is perf'?) till the all-awaited end, but truly amazing. Sure we can point one fact here and there (the decision making, and the decisions of the previous games not affecting so much the final episode...etc...) but the game was here guys, and it was really well done (the interactions guys... so much interaction). And all of this leading to the critic point, moving crescendo and making all of us waiting for the big end, the accomplishment of the big journey, both in the ME universe and in our own lives of players, having waited, played so much, even sometimes started again from the very beginning to change choices, being with different characters... almost a living-story going to an end. Let's be honest with the expectations : they were very high. At the very least. Normal fact. Hard to deal with, I can understand! OK.

Yes I was disappointed. Not a raging disapointment though. Not a I-want-to-kill-Bioware-and-all-their-associates disapointment. I mean, they made all of this. I have a respectful disapointment. To me, what they made just wasn't enough Mass-Effect-ish. Because it's a living Universe, it's about being Shepard with tons of aliens and characters all around, with romances since the first opus, with all these places and people we've explored and known... There's something inside all of us that wants to see further, I believe. I believe that's about feeling the heartbeat of the Galaxy a bit more, after this epic and massive journey... And I believe it's not just about fanboyism. I really believe the end deserved some kind of... I don't know, something that I personnally felt when playing the Citadel DLC. (hanging around and drinking beers with the crew, that's cool!!! I mean!! but kidding ;-)) That was close enough to the feeling I wanted, I mean, even if it woulda been way stronger to had it integrated to the ultimate phase of the game, or after, but yeah I assume my fanboyism. (I mean... It was hard and nearly painful to not have a sequence, something, before the final assault for all we Jack-romancers-lovers, or Miri-romancers I guess...) YES IT WAS HARD. LOL. I would've liked a game that's playable after the Reapers. Yeah. But that's me... Okay, well, I can consider the final choices with Shepard dying and all the stuff. I mean, it's sad, not bad. It's the Reapers. They've been compromising all the races for billions of years I guess. And it's not BAD ending neither. I guess it's a bit of me being a fan of the serie that finds it a bit difficult to accept. But... It just lacks a bit of something, Bioware!

Just feeling one extra heartbeat of the Galaxy after the Reapers guys, and being able to romance Jack properly, PLEASE. :DDD

Me coming here is an answer to this kind of incomplete feeling, even if it's already great. Maybe I can add my own experience to the community and world of MASS EFFECT. Dunno. Maybe I have a secret artistic project related to this universe, too. ;-)

Maybe in one way or another I can contribute to something. To give life to something. To continue the journey. To bring my own force and resource for eventual future or near-future projects. To perpetuate the story of the commander Shepard and his followers, or maybe those who share the same Galaxy as him.

And I am not alone, for sure. ;-)

darkcity has been thanked by:
darkcity
User

Have thanks: 2 time

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Blad3Zer0 » 18 Feb 2014, 01:56

You are correct when you say you are not alone, and I have a feeling you will have the opportunity to contribute in one way or another.

Welcome. We hope you enjoy your time here.

Blad3Zer0 has been thanked by:
Blad3Zer0
User

Have thanks: 28 time

Postby darkcity » 18 Feb 2014, 09:17

Thanks! I almost forgot to say... I have actually no skills in modding neither raw technical abilities concerning all of this... but, who knows, maybe I can learn some things, or as you say, contribute in one way or another. See you!

darkcity has been thanked by:
darkcity
User

Have thanks: 2 time

Postby Deager » 22 Feb 2014, 04:07

darkcity wrote:Thanks! I almost forgot to say... I have actually no skills in modding neither raw technical abilities concerning all of this... but, who knows, maybe I can learn some things, or as you say, contribute in one way or another. See you!

I knew nothing when I started. Yes, if you want, I bet you can do something.

Deager has been thanked by:
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Return to Introductions