Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Respawn Mod - Help Needed Omega - Early Xmas v0.3 Release!

Basic questions on how to achieve certain modding goals with the toolset. Texture and mesh-related questions have their own subforum. Answers not guaranteed.

Re: Experiments on Enemy Spawning

Postby Sil » 12 Dec 2016, 14:27

Okay, as mentioned I had trouble having any idea what to do to add a new conditional check, so I was expecting to not get a chance to try and edit it. The mission I just started editing is Sur'kesh, and on the file BioD_Kro001_400SecondFlr.pcc I discovered that it contains a conditional check. So I cloned it, and attempted to edit it, but for some strange reason every edit I tried to make wouldn't take at all. I couldn't get any values to set, or even add arrays where necessary. I had thought at first it was because I was directly copying values from the Cerberus Base check for whether you saved the collector base or not, but it wouldn't accept any values I attempted to add when I tried typing different ones in by hand. Anyone know why it is doing that? I'm going to continue on with editing the mission regardless, but I'd hoped to experiment on it just in preparation for working on the Rachni level soon :).

Update: Okay, I finished Sur'kesh today, it proved a lot more difficult than I had anticipated. The reason is that it has a lot of very tightly enclosed areas, so I ran into a lot of problems such as Cerberus Troopers being too scared to jump out of the shuttles or making a fight far too difficult and having to carefully rebalance it. Overall it is now a difficult level, but not absurdly so. It may need further tweaks down the line.
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Postby Sil » 14 Dec 2016, 16:31

Here's an update:

Yesterday I edited the N7 Krogan Cannon mission and the Rachni mission. Both of them were difficult to get the balance on right, but I managed it eventually. N7 Krogan hasn't changed a great deal, I always found it a little difficult for some reason, but now it's harder. I didn't add much in the way of additional enemies, in some cases I reduced it, instead I managed to add greater complexity to the enemies you fight. I know that we can, technically, only fight 3 different enemies at once but this mission offers a way around that, as the entire AIFactory2 stuff is located in one pcc file, and it contains 5 different enemy types with in. So, at one point in the mission you'll be fighting off Assault Troopers, Centurions, Guardians, Engineers and Nemesis'. It's a hard one :D.

The Rachni mission mostly involved boosting the number of husks you fight, and adding additional Rachni as a kind of simplistic wave. When one dies, another spawns. If I ever learn how to add conditional checks, my intention was to have it so if the player saved the Rachni in ME1 they'd fight more Ravagers and small husk waves, but if you killed them in ME1 you'd fight large husk waves and only one Ravager at a time. So at the moment, the mission falls somewhere in the middle.

Today I had planned to complete the abductions mission and make a start on Primarch Victus' sons' missions, but I've had a crappy day so I'm going to bump those edits to tomorrow instead.

Edit: I gave the abduction mission a try. Unfortunately the spawn system in that goes wrong if you increase the SpawnTotal or MaxAlive settings. If you increase either it seems to struggle to know what to do with a few of the spawns, or they get stuck, I'm not certain which. They got stuck in the spawn points above the map, and I had to throw grenades up at them to get them to come down. So, for now, the abduction mission isn't going to be edited. What might also interest people is that the mission originally had an Atlas in it, but it was cut from the spawn file. I've not checked to see if it remains in the .pcc. If it does, I'll work on the mission again to find some way of adding it back in.

Edit 2: There are only two references to the Atlas in the pcc, so I can't add it back in, sadly.
Sil
User

Postby Sil » 15 Dec 2016, 22:43

Here is todays update:

Turian Platoon, Tuchanka Bomb, Priority: Tuchanka, Citadel Coup and N7: Communications Hub have all been edited and tested today. Most of them were fine, but I ran into issues with a file in priority: tuchanka which would not open, and two files on the Coup that caused a never ending loading screen, so they have been ignored. In truth, they don't contribute a vast amount, so its not that noticeable that I haven't adjusted their number of enemies.

For those of you who want your Reapers to feel a little more swarmish, well, Priority: Tuchanka will suit you nicely. I've not gone overboard with it, but the feel of a horde of husks charging you is definitely there. I'm weighing up which mission to try tomorrow, I'm leaning towards editing Omega which will be a long one to do.
Sil
User

Postby Sil » 18 Dec 2016, 23:23

I've run into a problem.

I wanted to start editing Omega, it's one I've been dreading because of how long a DLC it is, so I thought I'd do it now to get it out of the way. Problem is this; there are very few files containing AIFactory2 files. In fact, it is almost like there is a bunch of files missing from the Omega DLC as most of the files I have are _LOC files, but the DLC still works fine. It was only the other week that I played it.

I'm obviously missing something here, I'm half assuming that some files are hidden away as some kind of anti-pirate measure or some such crap. Any idea where they are?
Sil
User

Re: Experiments on Enemy Spawning - Help Needed Omega

Postby Sil » 20 Dec 2016, 01:26

First post updated with a list of what has been edited, what's to be done and what can't be done.

I finished Jacob's mission today, there are very few changes as the structure of it is a bit strange, many of the waves (such as on the turret) I was incapable of editing because they use a weird spawn counter system. Still, it is harder than it was.
Sil
User

Postby Sil » 21 Dec 2016, 23:12

I know I've done a lot of posts in a row without anyone else commenting, so I'm sorry for that, but I could really do with help from someone. My Omega DLC is lacking many of the BioD files that contain spawns. The DLC runs absolutely fine, I've tested it, but for some reason the folder doesn't contain many of the necessary files to spawn enemies. So far I've found these files contain AIFactory2 settings:

BioD_Omg001_400Omega.pcc
BioD_Omg02A_500Warehouse.pcc
BioD_Omg02A_600Catwalks.pcc
BioD_Omg02A_850Docks.pcc
BioD_Omg003_230Upper.pcc
BioD_Omg004_520GozuDistP.pcc
BioD_Omg004_700Landing.pcc

There are many files within the folder that have LOC_INT, LOC_DEU, etc names, but there is no version without the LOC_ which is highly unusual, in no other place in the entire game have I come across this. LOC_ files deal with localisation etc, and are generally small accompanying files to the main file (that lacks _LOC_, such as BioD_Omg001_400Omega.pcc) that contains enemy spawns, AI, events, etc.

Does anyone have any idea where the files are? If there aren't any, does anyone have any idea how spawns, events, etc. exist for these files? I can't finish my mod without being able to edit it.
Sil
User

Postby Sil » 25 Dec 2016, 14:12

I thought that it was time to do a release, so here you go. Merry Christmas one and all!

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/487/?

This version covers the levels up to the end of the Priority: Citadel II mission. Enjoy! :)

Sil has been thanked by:
Sil
User

Re: Respawn Mod - Help Needed Omega - Early Xmas v0.3 Releas

Postby Kinkojiro » 25 Dec 2016, 18:50

Looking forward to playing this Sil.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby thommaal » 27 Dec 2016, 10:41

Sil,
so far, I have found additional AIFactory2 entries in the following files:
BioD_Omg001_100Hangar.pcc
BioD_Omg001_210Corridors.pcc
BioD_Omg001_300DSS.pcc
BioD_Omg001_310Exit.pcc
BioD_Omg001_600Square.pcc
BioD_Omg001_810FinalFight01.pcc
BioD_Omg001_810FinalFight02.pcc

BioD_Omg02A_350Interior.pcc
BioD_Omg02A_400CntrlRm.pcc
BioD_Omg02A_450Processing.pcc
BioD_Omg02A_900Siege.pcc

BioD_OMG003_125LitExtra.pcc
BioD_OMG003_212WelcomeC.pcc
biod_omg003_213bridgec.pcc
BioD_OMG003_221UnderC.pcc
BioD_OMG003_225Alt.pcc
BioD_OMG003_303Trap.pcc
BioD_OMG003_311EscapeC.pcc

BioD_Omg004_100Tunnel.pcc
BioD_Omg004_200Catwalk.pcc
BioD_Omg004_300Fan.pcc
BioD_Omg004_350FanExt.pcc
BioD_Omg004_400MechSci.pcc
BioD_Omg004_500GozuDist.pcc
BioD_Omg004_900Afterlife.pcc

Some edits later: I have consolidated my findings in a sequential order. These are all the files found during a run through the Omega-folder. I hope they are helpful.
thommaal
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Sil » 27 Dec 2016, 19:07

Now that's unusual. I do not have those files inside my folder. Is that the DLC folder or another one? Were they hidden files?
Sil
User

PreviousNext

Return to How do I...?