Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Rev 739

Information and links to new stable & beta releases.

Rev 739

Postby KFreon » 10 Mar 2016, 11:21

Fixed Issues
#217 (Tree.bin Export as plain text): alvarome
--- Export to CSV added to Texplorer with the option to export all the files related to the texture too. That's an option cos it can make things hard to read, but makes for a cool Pivot Table :)

#213 (TPFTools remove "Save to MOD"): giftfish
--- Removed. If someone really wants to do this, the code is all still there. Why would you though...

#21 (TPFTools Replace needs dimension checks): giftfish
--- Dimension checks added. Still don't know if this feature was a good idea.

#211 (TPFTools Can't select multiple textures on Main Page): giftfish
#207 (TPFTools Delete Page): CreeperLava
--- Working as intended :P
Reworked things so there's only one page now, and multiple selection is done with checkboxes and some buttons at the top. Dunno why I didn't do this in the first place. Was much easier code than all the fiddling with multiple pages.

#210 (Mip creation incorrect): CreeperLava
--- The Default setting for mipmap handling wasn't doing anything it was supposed to. I reminded it how it's supposed to work.

#209 (Add more info to DLC Extraction Popup): CreeperLava
#200 (DLC exraction pathing check): giftfish
--- Added some more info including pathing to the DLC Extraction dialog that shows up when starting the toolset.

#208 (TPFTools Copy to Clipboard): giftfish
--- Another working as intended, just weird way.
The button only copied selected items to the clipboard. It now has a friend who copies all regardless of selection.

#206 (TPFTools Help Link): giftfish
--- Updated to point to the new Wiki.

#205 (Image Engine UI): giftfish
--- Added some description to the Mip Handling drop down menu to indicate the purpose.

#204 (DLCEditor 2 SFAR mod functionality): giftfish
--- Removed the menu to create mods that affect SFAR's directly. The code remains.

#202 (Modmaker Help Menu): giftfish
--- Updated to point to the new Wiki.

#201 (Image Engine alpha in save preview): CreeperLava
--- Save preview wasn't affected by the "Show Alpha" checkbox. Infected it.

#199 (TPFTools preview cache not updating for deleted textures): alvarome
--- Reminded preview cache what "Deleted" means.

#197 (DLC tools need renaming): giftfish
--- Renamed both DLC tools to their SFAR equivalents and updated their icons.

#192 (Loading certain textures stalls TPFTools): CreeperLava
--- Hash was incomplete but the toolset tried anyway. Failed miserably of course, but it's learned now.

#190 (Autofix removes red channel): CreeperLava
--- Hilarious lesson in endieness and bit maths and operations.

#189 (Problem with METPFs): CreeperLava
--- Epic pathing fail in saved TPFs due to fixes to texture naming during export. Fixed now.

#187 (Unrecognised textures): CreeperLava
--- After an epic chain of fail on my part, and some extensive debugging by Creeper, a tiny little file length bug has been squished.

#138 (Modmaker PCC Compare not generating mod): giftfish
--- Added a better window to manage this. Should work now.

#193 (Wrong Mips Generation): CreeperLava
--- Dunno if this is really an issue. This will only work with ME3 as there isn't really proper support for ME1 and 2 for the things this feature allows.

#131 (Modmaker Extraction): giftfish
--- Extracting multiple things at once lead to textures getting the wrong extension. Fixed now.

#68 (Texplorer generate thumbs per folder): CreeperLava
--- A suggestion from way back.
Changed the "Regenerate Thumbnails" menu to have "All" and "Selected Folder".
NOTE: This is recursive i.e. if you select the topmost folder that holds everything and click "Selected Folder", it's the same as selecting "All", cos it does that folder, then all the folders inside it, then all the folders inside them, etc.

#149 (The Ever Present Scaling Problem): giftfish/forgetti
--- TPFTools' PCC's and preview pane was weirdly sized. Should be fixed now, though I noticed that the preview can be too big on Windows 7. Is that actually a thing?

Remaining Issues
#193 (Wrong Mips Generation): CreeperLava
--- Dunno if this is really an issue.

#169 (ME2 issues with TPFTools): forgetti
--- Needs more testing with this rev. Maybe it's one of those magic bugs that just goes away...

#150 (Autofixing 0 mips textures): CreeperLava
--- Alpha layer on Windows 7 gets messed up.
This needs more testing!! If you have Windows 7, do try the steps on github and see what you get so we can nail this one.

Get it here

KFreon has been thanked by:
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Re: Rev 739

Postby CreeperLava » 10 Mar 2016, 11:48

Impressive list, thanks ! I won't be able to test my issues for now, exams are next week. I'll do the testing right after. For #46 and #157 too.
I'll try to test #150 again, though I doubt much has changed. If somebody else could test it as well, it would be ideal.

I like how you describe the toolset like a living being that lives and learns. If I follow your analogy, he (or she, if that even makes sense for a toolset ?) will soon become an adult with the new stable :).
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby giftfish » 10 Mar 2016, 15:30

@K --

#121 -- Not exact dimensions (this would obviously create a problem with upscaling), but proportion. The game won't be able to properly use any texture that isn't an exact proportional match to vanilla. I found out I could actually trick TPF Tools into to do this, however, when Replacing a 512x256 with a 512x512 texture within the UI. It allowed me to keep it assigned to the same hash, without triggering an error message. Also, doesn't autofix fix small variations in proportion? Like if an texture is off by a pixel (511x256)?

I also have a lot more testing that isn't on your list. The work flow for DLC mods hasn't been fully tested, which is something I'll look into, just not until next week.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby Alvaro » 10 Mar 2016, 21:11

@KF Excellent!

I already tested the tree.bin export and works like a charm. To have all the ME2 and ME3 tree info just one clic away is priceless! ;)

On the other hand, rev739 Texplorer -and only Texplorer!- shows the window scale problem. I have neither game toggle button nor tree/game indicators. But funny -to say something- part here is that rev738 show those flawlessly. -?-

Anyway, wonderful work! Thanks a lot! :D

EDIT --> Oh, no... notice those are not there because of the new menu -suggested by yours truly- item? :shock: Those are gone -for me- even at full screen size -1980x1080 here-...
Last edited by Alvaro on 10 Mar 2016, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
Alvaro
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby CreeperLava » 10 Mar 2016, 21:23

I can hear KFreon tearing his hair apart from here. You have my compassion^^.
Edit : To answer to Alvaro's edit, can you try to embiggen the window, see if that makes the button visible ?
CreeperLava
User

Postby Alvaro » 10 Mar 2016, 21:26

Glups! :shock:

EDIT --> Negative. Same result no matter the window size!

EDIT --> Suggestion here: that "export tree as csv" textfile would be moved as a submenu to "Tree I/O" menu... in fact is a tree output operation, isn´t it? :)
Alvaro
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby giftfish » 10 Mar 2016, 22:23

@Alvaro -- Please report issues on Github, not in this thread :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby KFreon » 11 Mar 2016, 00:12

@gift: The dimension checks are on the aspect ratio of the image. Autofix does also fix slightly wrong dimensions.
Now that I think of it, that could cause problems with this check...

@alvaro: I totally forgot I had that menu item. It will go there, after I write a program to systematically destroy WinForms apps over an over again so I can watch with satisfaction.
Is that masochistic or something? Yep. Do I care? Not anymore.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby CreeperLava » 19 Mar 2016, 14:49

Finally did my testing, you can check the results on github :).

CreeperLava has been thanked by:
CreeperLava
User

Return to New Releases