Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Rev 744

Information and links to new stable & beta releases.

Rev 744

Postby KFreon » 20 Mar 2016, 08:20

#234 (Modmaker error when no job selected): giftfish
--- Fixed. I forgot to change the name though.

#246 (Generate Thumbnails per folder): CreeperLava
--- Soooo many wtfs while reading this code. It almost gave me code-cancer, but I won...by burning it all to the ground.

#226 (DLC extract window wrong size): Mgamerz
--- Turns out "Auto" isn't actually auto. SizeToContent=WidthAndHeight is "Auto".

#232 (DebugWindow Icon and Clear Log): giftfish
--- Clear log added and icon put in.

#233 (FolderBrowserDialog SUCKS): giftfish
--- Gift didn't call the issue that, but it's what it boils down to.
For anyone looking to fix Windows' pathetic FolderBrowser, get the Microsoft.WindowsCodecAPI-Shell nuget package. CommonOpenFileDialog -> dlg.IsFolderPicker.
Much better than the original.

#239 (Texplorer "Replace" issues): giftfish
--- "Replace" removed. "Add Bigger" changed to "Change", will do both upsizing and replacing as required. I think the mip count thing is fixed too.

#240 (DXT5 != PF_DXT5): giftfish
--- You know when something little annoys you for ages, and you just snap and shove something real sharp in it and bury it in the backyard under a pyre and burn the whole place down?
What...just me?
Anyway, that's what happened here. Rewrote the entire format checking stuff to use the ImageEngine one.
This is probably going to cause problems, as all Amarok's stuff uses strings and the pcc's also use strings, so there's probably still problems. At least now there's only one point of failure.

#241 (Texplorer Import Export Tree): giftfish
--- Importing and exporting trees now brings Thumbnails along for the ride. Psst, they're a bit slow though, so be patient.

#242 (Modmaker DLC mod failure): giftfish
--- Forgot some \\\\\\\\\\\'s. Should be better now. Also changed "PCC replacement" to "Binary Replacement".

#243 (Extracted textures saved to root): giftfish
--- A lulzworthy bug. It now understands it's to go over there, not stay at home.

#245 (White alpha): CreeperLava
#150 (Autofixing 0 mips textures): CreeperLava
#169 (TPFTools issues with ME2): forgetti
--- Ok, this is the big kahuna.
I'm almost positive this is the issue with forgetti's ME2 installation woes as well, but basically what happened was that I forgot that images have more than one scanline in them, namely they have "height" number of scanlines...i.e. a 1024x1024 image has 1024 scanlines, and I was only doing the first one...

- This one was tagged along with the "Gimp can't read mipmaps" issue. I can't figure out why it can't read them. EVERY other tool can, and mips generated by gimp are readable by everything else as well.
All I can say is: Sorry :( not getting fixed atm.
My only testing tool is gimp, and it gives no debug output, and nothing else breaks. I do wonder why gimp is used here, I mean surely no one edits mipmaps directly.
If you want to look at them, there's the ImageEngine included in the toolset, dxtex.exe in the DirectX library (portable version in my signature), and ATI's The Compressonator.

EDIT: CreeperLava found the answer. A mips flag that wasn't being set the right way. *cough* I don't think that was my fault...It was someone elses.
It'll be fixed in the next release.

I've just realised that I didn't check all the scaling, so please don't make git issues about scaling. A post here will do.
READ THAT AGAIN. I KNOW THE SCALING IS BROKEN. I'll fix it next time.

Get it here.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Re: Rev 744

Postby FemShep » 20 Mar 2016, 14:39

I'll commit a fix for the folder chooser for dlceditor2 extractor.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby giftfish » 20 Mar 2016, 15:25

@K -- I love reading your release notes. They're better than Comedy Central :D

Glad to see you figured out the mips issue!
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby FemShep » 20 Mar 2016, 17:53

Submitted pull request.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby giftfish » 23 Mar 2016, 18:20

Ack.

Are we in a decent position to push a new rev? I can't test Texplorer at all due to the current scaling issue; it's impossible for me to change games, as I have no buttons in the upper right :(

Also, of course means I can't test TPF Tools, since I can't build proper trees.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby CreeperLava » 23 Mar 2016, 19:00

I can send you my trees in the meanwhile, if needed. They include all DLCs, but this shouldn't pose many problems even if you don't have them all.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby giftfish » 23 Mar 2016, 19:22

CreeperLava wrote:I can send you my trees in the meanwhile, if needed. They include all DLCs, but this shouldn't pose many problems even if you don't have them all.

Thanks, but, I have trees from rev742; that's not the problem. Treebuilding needs to be re-tested due to all the new enums that K has built in to try to fix issue 240 on Git. In addition, I can't test texture replacement and other changes for each game within Texplorer, unless I can change the game mode.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Return to New Releases