Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Rev 748

Information and links to new stable & beta releases.

Rev 748

Postby KFreon » 07 Apr 2016, 11:28

KFreon
#285 (TPFTools PCC's kept from previous selection): Giftfish
--- PCC's list now gets cleared properly.

#270 (Texplorer mips wrong): Giftfish
--- KFreon once again schooled himself in his rookie mistakes.

#252 (Texplorer visual indication of dropdowns): CreeperLava
--- Added a cheap and simple way of indicating that a dropdown exists. The mighty letter 'v' looks like a down arrow right?

#281 (TPFTools keep checkboxes selected after autofix): CreeperLava
--- TPFTools now remembers what was checked before autofixing for more rapid installation.

#282 (Don't extract duplicates more than once): CreeperLava
--- Duplicates are ignored.

#208 (TPFTools copy to clipboard): Giftfish
--- This option now works on checkboxes instead of selection.

#132 (Modmaker DLC Mods etc): Giftfish
--- Gave InitialDLCExtraction a slap on the wrists for being too strict (no tool lockouts anymore), and let Texplorer denote unextracted DLC's. Texplorer doesn't automatically extract them, just makes them unselectable.

#289 (Texplorer file not found bug): Giftfish
--- This still doesn't put up a messagebox, buried too deep, but the error will be more informative now.

#277 (DXT5 to DXT1 Conversion): CreeperLava
--- This was kind of a big change, so here it goes.
DXT5 to DXT1 is always going to suck when the DXT5 has non binary alpha i.e. between opaque and transparent. The UI of ImageEngine now contains settings related to this conversion, more specifically the conversion from anything to DXT1, though it is only valid for source formats with alpha. Autofix uses a default threshold setting for deciding if the transparency is transparent enough to make the whole pixel transparent, if that makes sense...

The toolset now does the following:
- Previews and thumbnails now respect alpha and display on a black "background" i.e. transparency was originally actually transparent. This presented a problem for some textures as they were white, and the background was white. So now previews and thumbnails are now displayed on black. This will only be apparent in textures with transparency. These might look a bit weird now, but I'm open to suggestions.
- This does NOT affect installation or autofix.

#292 (2x1 textures): CreeperLava
--- TPFTools now goes into the files to get the image dimensions to check the ratio is the same for the replacing texture. Autofix might fix these, I'm not actually sure...I'd say if it doesn't, it isn't a bug, just poor work on the mod creators part :P

Little things that I can't find a git Issue for:
- TPFTools would mark some textures as "Not a dds" because the extension was ".dds ". Note the space at the end...
- Changing the game with stuff loaded in TPFTools could block buttons. So I prevented game change after analysis. Doesn't really make sense anyway.
- Apparently there was a transparent texture bug in ME1. Can't remember what that was about, but it's fixed says my commit message.
- Deleted a whole bunch of stuff from the toolset, like images and icons that aren't used, some old texture tools that Heff and I used at various stages a while back.
- Changed the text in TPFtools pcc's from Select All to Check All
- ImageEngine now has a bunch of settings regarding DXT1 transparency. Some other UI changes there.

SirCxyrtyx
#283 (Toolset needs a license): Mgamerz
--- Added MIT License

#258 (Modmaker basegame tocing on install failure): giftfish
#242 (Modmaker install errors): giftfish
--- Much thanks to Sir here, fixed a bunch of bugs and added extra debug output and messages to solve my failures.

- Texplorer status label updates on TOCing
- PCCEd2 Imports tab should show full import path.
- Conditional Editor catches error when plot ID is really big. (paraphrasing)
- Asset Explorer fixed bug preventing opening pcc from global tree.
- Updated Readme with contributers.
- Modmaker Update Job keeps added names and success is reported and TOC's updated.
- Removed ME2 DLC crack
- ME1 Sequence Editor initial positioning bug fixed.

We've been hoofing it, the stable is even closer now.

Get it here.

KFreon has been thanked by:
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Re: Rev 748

Postby CreeperLava » 07 Apr 2016, 12:40

I LOVE the new alpha options in Image Engine. Absolutely awesome, no need for Photoshop or Compressonator anymore. The only problem is that it can't be integrated in TPF/DDS Tools autofix, as this DXT5 to DXT1 alpha stuff often needs user input.
Would it be doable to have an option somewhere in the options menu that would activate a case by case choice for each DXT5 to DXT1 conversion ? Like, autofix processes its list of stuff to convert, and you could have a popup for each DXT5 to DXT1 conversion (I know you don't like popups, but I don't know how else it could be done). In the popup, you'd basically have something similar to Image Engine : preview of original and conversion + checkboxes for the alpha (remove/flatten). Maybe also have a preview of the original texture and its alpha.

That way you don't have to fear that autofix will mess up some conversions without you noticing it, and you also don't have to run every single texture through Image Engine to make sure everything is perfect.

Edit : Just ran some autofixing, apart from the occasional DXT5-DXT1 alpha problem, everything is perfect. I'm a bit disappointed, I ran conversions between DXT5, DXT1, V8U8, ATI, GL, nothing broke autofix. Damn...
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby giftfish » 07 Apr 2016, 14:02

Zomg moar testing.

Yay. I need a break from two days of forum overhaul crap :D

...Oh, and no worries, Creeper. I'm sure I can find more stuff that's broken :mrgreen:
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby CreeperLava » 07 Apr 2016, 14:16

giftfish wrote:...Oh, and no worries, Creeper. I'm sure I can find more stuff that's broken :mrgreen:

Thanks for the support ! I only found a few minor issues, nothing major :(.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby giftfish » 07 Apr 2016, 14:38

CreeperLava wrote:
giftfish wrote:...Oh, and no worries, Creeper. I'm sure I can find more stuff that's broken :mrgreen:

Thanks for the support ! I only found a few minor issues, nothing major :(.

I am apparently failing at sarcasm this morning.

And, finding nothing major is a very good thing :]
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby FemShep » 07 Apr 2016, 14:53

Giftfish, still need feedback on the plot DB.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby giftfish » 07 Apr 2016, 15:01

FemShep wrote:Giftfish, still need feedback on the plot DB.

It's not going to be added before the stable, so I'm holding off as I continue to think more about the GUI. The only thing that I was trying to get in place prior to the stable was to have a default DB present and loaded, but it's probably better to hold off on that, too.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 07 Apr 2016, 19:45

@K --

Things are looking really, really good.

I've had to re-open far fewer issues than previous revs, so almost all old issues have been addressed.There are a few new issues, but not many. I still need to finish verifying certain changes in game, but if we're careful, one more test rev will do it.

Which means 750 should be the new stable :D
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby Forgetti » 07 Apr 2016, 22:50

I can confirm that all texture functions have been working perfectly since REV 747. me2 texture function have been working with no issues too. so you have my go ahead in the texture modding department
Forgetti
User

Have thanks: 11 time

Postby giftfish » 07 Apr 2016, 23:32

@K --

One thing I'm not sure I realized, was extracting textures from a TPF is a lossy thing.

I just did a test with some ME2 textures for Miranda, and both autofix and extracting the texture result in artifacts not present when running the original TPF via Texmod. I knew autofix would have some loss, as every texture conversion does, but, for some reason I assumed that extraction would remove exactly what went in. Silly, Gift.

I'll have to be clearer about that on the wiki.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Next

Return to New Releases