Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Rev 749

Information and links to new stable & beta releases.

Rev 749

Postby KFreon » 15 Apr 2016, 08:35

Hopefully this is the last rev before the stable :D

KFreon

#292 (TPFTools 2x1 textures): CreeperLava
--- If input texture is the incorrect aspect ratio compared to the vanilla texture e.g. input is 1024x512 and vanilla is 512x512, texture will now be flagged as ASPECT RATIO, and will not be autofixed.

#297 (Texplorer can't enlarge non square textures): Giftfish
--- These textures were distancing themselves, thinking the others were...squares :D I'm here till Tuesday people.

#298 (TPFTools size ratio and Mips): CreeperLava
--- Non square textures weren't getting autofixed. I guess it wasn't treating them as...equals.

#275 (Modmaker append hash): CreeperLava
--- Default name now suggested when extracting from Modmaker.

#294 (TPFTools Duplciate confusions): Giftfish
--- Textures with the same name are now treated separately as long as the hashes are different.

#285 (TPFTools PCC's kept from previous selection): Giftfish
--- PCC's list now gets cleared properly.

#273 (ME1 textures improper install): Giftfish
--- ME1's Avina textures had a problem where they'd install correctly if you did it to one PCC at a time, but not all at once.
Turns out the objects needed refreshing. Something mustn't have been getting updated. Never did get the time to figure out what that was...

#299 (Texplorer regenerate thumbnail issues): Giftfish
--- Alpha issues with the thumnails in Texplorer was resulting in some weird colours and/or black/white textures which should have had details. Fixed now.
This also fixes the previews in Texplorer, where alpha was once again messing things up. Now the texture is extracted twice, once with alpha and once without and the largest is taken as that's the one that should have the most detail in it.

#301 (Texplorer TPFMode clarification): Giftfish
--- Texplorer in TPFMode no longer modifies the game files, like it said it wouldn't. Lying trash...*cough*. Anyway, this makes this mode much faster. To protect the user, the Save Changes button is disabled in this mode.

#304 (ARGB and RGB issues): CreeperLava
#296 (ARGB issues): CreeperLava
--- These formats can now be distinguished correctly. No green weirdness either.

#305 (TPFTools rebuild TPF): CreeperLava
--- TPFTools now generates .logs with names when building before analysis.

#313 (Texplorer not respecting extraction filename): Mgamerz
--- Hash was forced into the filename when extracting. This has been rescinded. The default suggestion still contains the hash, but not enforced.

Rewrote duplicate detection. Should work a lot better now.

SirCxyrtyx

#258 (Modmaker basegame TOC on failure): Giftfish
--- Old mods now updated correctly and/or more useful debug output and feedback related to Modmaker.

#138 (Modmaker PCC Compare not generating mod file): Giftfish
--- Comparing two identical PCC's works now.

#293 (TPFTools 2x1 texture check): CreeperLava
--- Additional dimension checks ommited, and dimensional checking works properly.

#312 (ME3Creator changing imports in small files): Kinkojiro
--- Code was looking at export instead of import table.

ME3: several PCCObject functions would break on the last item of the import or export list.

Get it here!

KFreon has been thanked by:
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Re: Rev 749

Postby FemShep » 15 Apr 2016, 14:15

*Mgamerz
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby giftfish » 15 Apr 2016, 14:38

ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT REV749

Okay folks, so here's the deal with this rev.

1. When testing, don't use imported trees; build new ones.
Using imported trees can cause unpredictable results. The feature itself works, but we want to remove that variable from the equation for testing purposes. The devs haven't discussed this yet, but I expect we might be just saying "don't use imported trees" for the stable, as I'm certain that trees made with the current stable won't be compatible with this one.

2. Git Issues.
We don't want to change this rev. And, I really mean *anything* in it. The reason why this stable has taken so long, and why testing has been so difficult, is b/c of how the existing code works for ModMaker, Texplorer, and TPF Tools. Changing one, very small thing, can have unpredictable and unintended affects elsewhere. For example, a fix to autofix detecting duplicates properly, causes TPF Tools to hand on hash matching. And, we never find out about these unexpected problems until the following rev.

Which is why to speed things along, I've pre-tested 4 testbuilds since r748 to get us to a point where everything now *should* work in rev749. There should be no more changes. This rev should be the stable. If we change *anything*, we basically go back to square one and need to do yet another rev and re-test every functionality of these 3 tools from scratch, since we can never predict what will break.

TL;DR, unless something is MAJORLY broken, it's not getting fixed right now. We need to push the stable and get it done :]
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby giftfish » 15 Apr 2016, 16:13

I continue to be thrilled with how rocksolid and fast treebuilding is.

ME2/ME3 consistently take less than 14 minutes on my 5 year old gaming laptop.
ME1 takes about 22 min, usually.

No issues since that last NET update, K :D
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 16 Apr 2016, 01:20

Texplorer testing is finished. Other folks are free to test, but I think I've covered it all.

ModMaker and TPF Tools tomorrow :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 16 Apr 2016, 19:52

@K, Sir -- I'm done testing ModMaker and almost everything looks good. We have one issue with PCC Compare that if I'm correct, will need to be addressed, though:

https://github.com/ME3Explorer/ME3Explorer/issues/323

Assuming my test results are correct, I don't think it warrants a new rev. This particular part of ModMaker is pretty self-contained, so I should be able to verify it's fixed via an unreleased testbuild.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 18 Apr 2016, 18:32

FYI, doesn't look like anyone else has gotten around to testing TPF Tools, yet, so I'll try to get that done over the next couple of days.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 20 Apr 2016, 14:42

@Creeper -- I'm about to get started testing TPF Tools and just wanted to check in to see if you've had the chance to do any testing yet?

I know you've had scheduling issues over the past 1-2 weeks and have been away from your PC, etc.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby CreeperLava » 20 Apr 2016, 16:13

I should be able to do some extensive testing this week-end, as well as fix all bugs reported for ALOT. That will give me some testing material too^^.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby giftfish » 20 Apr 2016, 16:34

CreeperLava wrote:I should be able to do some extensive testing this week-end, as well as fix all bugs reported for ALOT. That will give me some testing material too^^.

Ah, okay. Sounds like I'll probably beat you to it, then. I've already verified all your (and my) previous issues in the pre-builds and I've gotten a good start with the new, full round of testing this morning, so I should finish by the end of the day. ...If I can keep myself from getting distracted, lol.

If I do wrap up today, then there's a very good chance we'll be pushing the stable this weekend. It's long past time to move on. K's getting busier again and I'm about to have house guests for the next couple of weeks, so I'll be much less available than normal.

Good news is that means there should be a shiny new stable for your next release of ALOT :D

FYI, just like with ModMaker and Texplorer, I'm still tossing issues up on Git, but tagging them as enhancements, and they will not be addressed for the stable. They'll be a part of the re-write if/when that happens.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Next

Return to New Releases