Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

RIFF for sound effect

Dedicated area for content modders to help each other with technical aspects of modding the Mass Effect Trilogy.

RIFF for sound effect

Postby Deager » 26 Oct 2015, 22:47

I have what seems to be an odd issue. I'm trying to change the soundeffect for object 10725 in BioD_End002_510Red.pcc. Yes, the game originally uses a 6 track sound and I'm importing a stereo one, but Fob has done this in MEHEM without issue.

The sound didn't play at all so I figured it might be light music where I have to have the game go "pre-fetch" some bytes within 510Red. The problem is, even when comparing the vanilla 510Red and DLC_CON_END_SFX.afc files, I can't find even the first few bytes of the RIFF from the afc file. The only other pcc in memory I noticed was 600Epilogue but it has no RIFFs in it. I also double checked BioSnd_End002.pcc just in case but nothing there.

So, what seemed like a simple audio replacement simply isn't. Which is a drag because it's basically the last thing I have to do to get my mod functional. An actual version of LIME people might want to play unlike my very morbid version of LIME out right now.

If anyone know if I need to do anything in hex with RIFF or not, let me know. Thanks!
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Re: RIFF for sound effect

Postby Deager » 27 Oct 2015, 16:18

And classic me, I solved it myself after a day or so. I didn't expect this, but the RIFF was in BioP_End002.pcc instead of Red510. Anyway, it appears all the technical pieces are in place. I'm pretty pumped. Now to tweak it a bit. I'm trying to get in-between MEHEM and JAM for "feel."
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Return to Modders' Help