Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Sending emails at the proper time

Basic questions on how to achieve certain modding goals with the toolset. Texture and mesh-related questions have their own subforum. Answers not guaranteed.

Sending emails at the proper time

Postby QuasaRo32 » 02 Jul 2016, 10:11

Hello! I know this thread is old but I'm trying to add an email into the game and I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I'm trying to add an email that is sent to Shepard after Thessia is done. But I dont exactly understand what conditional to use or which one it is. I tried creating a new conditional with the expression (plot.ints[10183] != 0); (as I understand, 10183 is the Thessia ints) but I would suppose that would send the email after the mission is STARTED, not finished. It doesn't matter though, i figured it wouldn't work.

So my question is, how would I go about finding or creating a conditional that makes emails get sent after finishing a certain mission (specifically Thessia right now) ? (I wanna add more emails after other missions later)`

EDIT: It actually works now, the conditional I created works fine. But now I seem to have another issue. When I load a save after Thessia, the email displays as new. I assume this is normal since I didnt actually read it when i got it. The actual problem is when I load a save BEFORE Thessia, the email is still in the list, but displays as unread. Any insights ?
QuasaRo32
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Sending emails at the proper time

Postby giftfish » 02 Jul 2016, 13:48

If the email is there before Thessia, then something's wrong with your conditional. I'd recommend taking a look at the conditionals tutorial and the links to provided examples.

tutorial-adding-and-editing-conditionals-t1106.html

giftfish has been thanked by:
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Re: Sending emails at the proper time

Postby QuasaRo32 » 04 Jul 2016, 21:32

Hey thanks a lot. Turns out there was something wrong with either the strings in the tlk file or the MailStatePlot. Working fine now ^^
QuasaRo32
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to How do I...?