Sir | DLC Mod Generator

Development board for ME3Explorer tools. Please try to keep discussions for each tool inside its own thread.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

03 Sep 2016, 16:45 #1

This was an idea/tool Deager and I both mentioned a long time ago, not long after JohnP figured out the method. I think we're finally in a good place where it can now be pursued, but we need to incorporate TankMaster's tools into the toolset first. Thread incoming on that momentarily.

Here's an outline of the new tool on Git.

If you have a question or general comment/thought, it's better to post here. If you have a specific idea about implementation, then probably post directly on Git.

SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

03 Sep 2016, 18:14 #2

I'm just going to challenge orthodoxy here a bit and say that we ought to be recommending that people name their dlc mods DLC_MOD_WHATEVER, instead of DLC_CON_WHATEVER. It creates a clear separation between BW dlc and mods, and is more faithful to BW's naming convention (Which is, as far as I can tell, HEN for henchman, EXP for expansions, UPD for patches, and CON for content (appearance packs, gun packs)).

Obviously the utility of that separation is minimal, especially since no currently released mods use it, but we might as well encourage it going forward.

And before anyone asks, the game does accept this naming scheme. The Aria mod I'm working on is called DLC_MOD_ARIA and it works fine.

giftfish
Toolset Developer

03 Sep 2016, 18:24 #3

@Sir -- That's a great idea. I've only stuck with what was originally suggested by JohnP, so if that naming scheme works for all DLC-specific files, that's awesome.

Are you certain it works for TFCs and Startup files? Not sure if you're using those for Aria mod or not.