Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Sir | ME1 Sequence Editor

Development board for ME3Explorer tools. Please try to keep discussions for each tool inside its own thread.

Sir | ME1 Sequence Editor

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 04 Oct 2015, 21:39

ME1 actually saves the position of Sequence Objects!

This is what a sequence in the (upcoming)ME1 sequence editor looks like when you open it up:
Spoiler:

No untangling required! I am actually vibrating with excitement.

This also means I can implement the comment boxes since they're actually useful here.

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Re: ME1 Sequences need no untangling!

Postby FemShep » 05 Oct 2015, 04:16

Is there any documentation on how to use the sequence editors? I can view them... but I have no idea what I am supposed to do with them, or use them.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby Deager » 05 Oct 2015, 09:40

@SirCyxrtyx You mean, I can maybe skip the most annoying thing to me; talking with Rear Admiral Mikhailovich where he handles his emotions like a 5th grader? Oh...yeah!

@FemShep Are you wondering about ME1 or just in general? This may help. Older tutorial as the new version allows linking within the editor; no need for hex.
sequence-modding-t103.html
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby FemShep » 05 Oct 2015, 18:08

I feel like the tools that have guides for them should have a link to them in the app itself. That'd be really useful. Finding stuff on this forum is not very straightforward.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby giftfish » 06 Oct 2015, 00:37

@Sir -- Holy fucking crap, that's awesome!
giftfish

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 06 Oct 2015, 17:26

FemShep wrote:Is there any documentation on how to use the sequence editors? I can view them... but I have no idea what I am supposed to do with them, or use them.

I absolutely need to write a Sequence Editor tutorial, which is something I've been putting off for two years now (that may be a procrastination record for me). However, in the meantime, if you want to have some idea of what's going on, I would actually suggest you give the udk kismet guide a look. The parts on how to use the interface are obviously not applicable, but it should give you a basic idea of what sequences are and what all the parts of them do.

As far as actually using the Sequence Editor, the least obvious important thing to know is that you change the zoom level by right clicking and dragging.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby FemShep » 06 Oct 2015, 17:29

I was running ME3Explorer in a Windows VM on my macbook.
Trying to zoom was very, very difficult... maybe have a zoom button? I can imagine some laptop users might not like the zoom.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Return to ME3Explorer Toolset Development