Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Sir | ME3 Sequence Editor Improvements

Development board for ME3Explorer tools. Please try to keep discussions for each tool inside its own thread.

Sir | ME3 Sequence Editor Improvements

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 25 Apr 2014, 00:36

The Sequence Editor is a very useful tool, but I was pretty sure it could be better. So I made a whole bunch of changes to it.

• Saving and loading of node positions
    Renamed the "Save View" button to "Save Image". "Save View" now saves a JSON file with the current coordinates of every node in the sequence. When loading the sequence, if a JSON file for it exists, it will automatically use it to put all the nodes where you saved them. So you only have to untangle a sequence once, and then it will always be untangled. Since every sequence view is a separate file, it's also very easy to share it with someone else (perhaps someone who is collaborating with you on a mod).

The JSON files are saved in CookedPCConsole\SequenceViews\, and are named {pcc file name}#{sequence id}{sequence name}.JSON
    Spoiler:

This is the format of the saved information:
    Spoiler:
    Code: Select all
    [
        {
            "index": 511,
            "X": 0,
            "Y": 500
        },
        {
            "index": 512,
            "X": 312,
            "Y": 500
        }
    ]

• Major visual overhaul
    Spoiler:

• Changed the background color and node background color to match UDK's kismet editor
    • Changed the font to Consolas
    • Changed the connections to Bézier curves, like UDK's kismet editor. This is especially useful for clarifying the connections of objects that loop.
      Spoiler:

• Made comments blue, gave them a drop shadow, and put them on top of the nodes, like UDK's kismet editor.
      Spoiler:

• Moved variable links to the bottom of a node, and made the outlines of variable nodes, and variable connections different colors depending on their type, like UDK's kismet editor. Those colors are specified here: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/KismetUserGuide.html#Types%20Of%20Sequence%20Object
      Spoiler:

• Gave the output and variable links little boxes, like the kismet editor. If the variable is being written to, it will be a triangle instead.
      Spoiler:
  • Fixed the problem with multiple output links only showing the first output
    Spoiler:

• Enabled detection of sequences that are not direct subsequences of other sequences, but are referred to by sequence references in those sequences.
  • Sequence references will now appear in the node graph, as will objects that start with "SFXSeqVar_"
  • Clicking on a node will now select it in the sequence object list
  • Added an Interpret button, which works for both the sequence object list, and the sequence list.

Sequence Editor.zip

I hadn't used C# before, and I'm pleasantly surprised by how fun of a language it is.

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Re: Sequence Editor Improvements

Postby WarrantyVoider » 25 Apr 2014, 02:24

lol, why havent you become part of the team already?^^ pm me if you are interested :D

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby giftfish » 25 Apr 2014, 02:25

Wow, this is pretty amazing.

A lot of us have been looking into editing camera positions of late and as far as I know, those objects aren't on the sequence map. I'm not a coder, so I don't know if this is related to what you've done or not, but, is it feasible to get these objects on the map? Or some way to make them easier to find and edit? I've been meaning to chat with WV about this same thing for a week or two now, lol.

Thanks very much for the work :]
giftfish

Postby WarrantyVoider » 25 Apr 2014, 02:34

the thing is, sure I can blend all unreferenced objects in, but the game wont know it, so I just show what the game will know :D still this is a major improvement over my messy code^^ its even better than my second attempt at an kismet editor (in me3 creator). id really like to have this in the dll too, but im not sure if thats easily doable

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 25 Apr 2014, 04:24

giftfish wrote:Wow, this is pretty amazing.

A lot of us have been looking into editing camera positions of late and as far as I know, those objects aren't on the sequence map. I'm not a coder, so I don't know if this is related to what you've done or not, but, is it feasible to get these objects on the map? Or some way to make them easier to find and edit? I've been meaning to chat with WV about this same thing for a week or two now, lol.

Thanks very much for the work :]

If I'm remembering correctly, the camera positions are children of the Interpdata object associated with each line of dialogue. The PccEditor2's tree view is good for that sort of thing, as all the children of an object will be grouped together.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby JohnP » 25 Apr 2014, 18:31

You are the man (woman?)!

This is all stuff I've been trying to do, but my C# wasn't really up to par. Thanks!
JohnP
Modder

Have thanks: 132 time

Postby AVPen » 25 Apr 2014, 20:17

Major thanks for this, this really helps with visualizing and figuring stuff out with the sequence objects.
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Return to ME3Explorer Toolset Development