Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

STICKY | Mod Etiquette for Toolset Modders

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: Mod Etiquette for Toolset Modders

Postby CreeperLava » 27 Apr 2016, 16:24

Bulk Rename Utility does just that, it renames in bulk, as you guessed so cleverly :P. Which is very useful in itself, but it also has a feature that allows to bulk copy file names to the clipboard (just right click on a selection > Clipboard Copy). You can then paste that to a txt file.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby Deager » 27 Apr 2016, 16:55

I'm not familiar with the Bulk Rename Utility. I actually did the command line dir > name.txt thing but the format is not great for excel. Chrome was very conducive for Excel for my purposes.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby CreeperLava » 27 Apr 2016, 18:05

Yeah, dir is far from ideal since you get the dates, permissions and much unneeded stuff. Linux does it better^^. BRU is pretty much perfect though. Out of curiosity, how do you use Chrome to make a file list ?
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby FemShep » 27 Apr 2016, 18:54

Use the tree command, it's way better than dir for this.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby Kinkojiro » 27 Apr 2016, 23:14

Apologies. I am probably the worst offender when it comes to not having put up my file list.Given the sheer numbers of files EGM uses, albeit a lot are custom.

Secondly - thanks for all the advice how to do this. I have put up a simple spreadsheet on the resource.

Kinkojiro has been thanked by:
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby giftfish » 28 Apr 2016, 02:51

Kinkojiro wrote:Apologies. I am probably the worst offender when it comes to not having put up my file list.Given the sheer numbers of files EGM uses, albeit a lot are custom.

I still don't have ME3Re in the damn compatibility resource. Uuuugh. As I said, I am also not perfect with this stuff, lol.

At this point I'll just wait and toss it and Urz up at the same time.

But, really, nobody needs to apologize. We're all busy and things slip through the cracks. I just felt like these two details needed to be re-visited in the modding community, and this way there's a nice sticky for new folks who might wander in, too.

Huge thanks to those of you who have already done this. Talk about prompt :)

giftfish has been thanked by:
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby The Fob » 28 Apr 2016, 03:06

Wait, so is the old thread still around? I used to put my file lists in there (and I think they are even up to date) but I don't have or know much about pastebins or any such fancy things (can find out if that's the way to go though).

Also, here is how I make my file lists you lazy copy-pasters:

:D
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby giftfish » 28 Apr 2016, 15:41

@Fob -- The old thread is there but is locked and shouldn't be used. It was locked when the contents were moved to the wiki.

However, with the move to the wiki, there is no good place for file lists. So, it's now up to modders to supply that info separately, somewhere. Pastebin, Google Docs, etc. We can either create an area for links to File lists in the wiki article, or modders are free to put a link to the list on their Nexus page, or something like that.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby The Fob » 28 Apr 2016, 16:20

I think when I update my mods, I'll just make an article on the Nexus with a file list and the other resources (mount priority, string IDs, etc.). That way, everything is in one place and it will also give advanced users the opportunity to check for compatibility issues between mods directly on the Nexus.
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby giftfish » 28 Apr 2016, 16:35

The Fob wrote:I think when I update my mods, I'll just make an article on the Nexus with a file list and the other resources (mount priority, string IDs, etc.). That way, everything is in one place and it will also give advanced users the opportunity to check for compatibility issues between mods directly on the Nexus.

That sounds like a great idea :D
giftfish
Toolset Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development