Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Tali Romance Mod [WIP]

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: Tali Romance Mod [WIP]

Postby puckhead73 » 15 Feb 2016, 23:45

That second picture with the closed mouth is definitely my favorite. I vote that one.
puckhead73
User

Have thanks: 3 time

Postby AVPen » 18 Feb 2016, 02:34

Just a minor update regarding mod compatibility - because changing the Tali photo in Shepard's cabin requires editing the BioD_Nor_100Cabin.pcc file, I will need to make compatible versions of TRM for GMM/EMM, BackOff, and MEWAM/
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby N7HadroreX » 22 Feb 2016, 16:51

This mod will be amazing! Finally someone creates a Tali romance mod! I really like the way this Tali looks, she is cute. Her hair is kind of a compromise between the long and the short hair version (I like the long more) and it's perfect. Maybe you could go for a bit greyer skin tone because this for me is too blue, but the face is really good. I have a question about the textures: If I'm using hi-res textures, will the suit be in hi-res too? Or is it a completely new texture? Also for the unbuckled version, I don't know if it's possible to even do it any other way than the way you did it but I don't think the suit comes apart this way. There is a pretty good drawing from spaceMAXmarine on deviantart called Tali dressing up and it shows a realistic way how the suit could be assembled. And wouldn't it be an alternative to the unbuckled version to have Tali wear Shepard's N7 hoodie instead? Shepard could wear just a shirt. And will you make a naked Tali version for after the romance scene? It could be just like the Liara romance scene after that. And please tweak the camera angles to not to show Shepard's underwear. It always feels so awkward, to have the characters wear them. Well, for now I think this is everything I wanted to say. I'm looking forward to playing the game with this. I would even pay real money for this if it was required.
N7HadroreX
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby giftfish » 22 Feb 2016, 17:13

AVPen wrote:Just a minor update regarding mod compatibility - because changing the Tali photo in Shepard's cabin requires editing the BioD_Nor_100Cabin.pcc file, I will need to make compatible versions of TRM for GMM/EMM, BackOff, and MEWAM/

Or... to make things a whole lot easier you could just include a TPF or DDS file as a separate download for use with those mods.

Tali's hash remains vanilla for BO, though I do have all hashes for all photos posted in the BO Resource Spreadsheet.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby AVPen » 22 Feb 2016, 17:47

giftfish wrote:Or... to make things a whole lot easier you could just include a TPF or DDS file as a separate download for use with those mods.

Tali's hash remains vanilla for BO, though I do have all hashes for all photos posted in the BO Resource Spreadsheet.

Or.... I could just do that, lol. :roll:
AVPen
Modder

Postby AVPen » 23 Feb 2016, 02:16

N7HadroreX wrote:I have a question about the textures: If I'm using hi-res textures, will the suit be in hi-res too? Or is it a completely new texture? Also for the unbuckled version, I don't know if it's possible to even do it any other way than the way you did it but I don't think the suit comes apart this way. There is a pretty good drawing from spaceMAXmarine on deviantart called Tali dressing up and it shows a realistic way how the suit could be assembled. And wouldn't it be an alternative to the unbuckled version to have Tali wear Shepard's N7 hoodie instead? Shepard could wear just a shirt. And will you make a naked Tali version for after the romance scene? It could be just like the Liara romance scene after that. And please tweak the camera angles to not to show Shepard's underwear. It always feels so awkward, to have the characters wear them. Well, for now I think this is everything I wanted to say. I'm looking forward to playing the game with this. I would even pay real money for this if it was required.

1. The unmasked model of Tali's suit is, as of right now, only needed for the photo in Shepard's cabin and won't appear in-game.
Originally I was hoping to use that model in-game as a Tali replacement in the 3rd Dream (swap the Dream Shepard out with Tali or other LI), but looking into the file showed trying to do that would be a huge clusterf*** at trying to get that to work, if it would even work at all (that unfortunately goes beyond my knowledge of streaming states, etc).

2. Currently, I'm looking into which would be the better solution, an unbuckled Tali or a naked Tali. The problem with the unbuckled suit is, as you stated, that the suit doesn't seem to normally come apart in the manner I currently have it (unfortunately, the suit model doesn't lend itself to really being broken apart any other way, due to the suit mesh and textures).
The only other option is to have Tali be completely suitless, which I've started work on (shown below in SPOILERS because, well... it's 95% naked female quarian, lol :roll: ):
Spoiler:

As you can see, I still have a number of things left to finish on her (namely her hands/fingers, knees, skin-marking textures, etc) - also looking at Ashley's love scene, I may be able to get away with not doing any real modeling work to Tali's feet, since the camera angles never show Ashley's feet either. The only real issue I have with this solution is.... I don't exactly like having Tali in normal human panties :| (I highly doubt quarians even bother with undergarments in their envirosuit). Can't just remove it either since there's nothing to her body underneath the underwear mesh (damn you BioWare....), so I may have to look into either just getting away with Tali in panties, jury-rig part of another model for an alternative underclothes (maybe from the female science uniform), or figure something else out....

3. The major issue I have with Tali wearing Shepard's hoodie is that, normally the player only has access to the N7 hoodie if they have the N7 Collectors Edition of ME3 or if they Gibbed the PC saves; if they don't have the hoodie with Shepard's outfits in their game, then the player will be confused at to what exactly Tali is wearing.
Also, for argument's sake, I tried putting her in the hoodie and.... it just looked really friggen' weird to me. :?

4. Tali will only be unsuited/naked for the love scene - the "after" scene for Shepard/Tali will be same as the original, with Tali putting her suit and visor back on. Personally speaking, I've always been satisfied with the Shepard/Tali talk after the 3rd Dream and see no reason to edit or change it. (additionally, Tali's audio for that scene has a permanent voice filter effect to her audio and there's no way to remove it).

5. If I go with Tali in an unbuckled suit, then I will look into having Shepard in a different outfit instead of his boxers (basically he'd just be shirtless in his pants and boots) - if I go with Tali naked, then I will keep Shepard in his boxers. (nor will I be doing any editing to the camera)
AVPen
Modder

Postby Forgetti » 24 Feb 2016, 01:19

I think you should leave Options Open for the mod, some people may want to go with a naked tali while some may go for a mostly suited tali.

I'd go for the naked version to be honest, cause I mean, A quarian would not exactly want to still wear their suit during intimacy. they'd want to remove it so they could be on a more intimate level

yeah Intimacy is a real big thing for me and I just feel that tali being 95% (or 100% of you can rig something up) naked would just be a lot more suited (no pun intended) to the tali romance
Forgetti
User

Have thanks: 11 time

Postby AVPen » 24 Feb 2016, 05:10

Forgetti wrote:I think you should leave Options Open for the mod, some people may want to go with a naked tali while some may go for a mostly suited tali.

Yeah, that's definitely not going to happen :| I need to decide what best works for the nature of the mod and what's the most practical to accomplish (which is looking to be a naked Tali over an unbuckled one), doing 2 different versions of the same mod just adds twice the amount of time, energy, and resources, which I just don't have time for.
AVPen
Modder

Postby Forgetti » 24 Feb 2016, 06:08

AVPen wrote:Yeah, that's definitely not going to happen :| I need to decide what best works for the nature of the mod and what's the most practical to accomplish (which is looking to be a naked Tali over an unbuckled one), doing 2 different versions of the same mod just adds twice the amount of time, energy, and resources, which I just don't have time for.

yeah good point man. well my vote is cast towards the naked tali
Forgetti
User

Have thanks: 11 time

Postby N7HadroreX » 24 Feb 2016, 08:57

AVPen wrote:
Forgetti wrote:I think you should leave Options Open for the mod, some people may want to go with a naked tali while some may go for a mostly suited tali.

Yeah, that's definitely not going to happen :| I need to decide what best works for the nature of the mod and what's the most practical to accomplish (which is looking to be a naked Tali over an unbuckled one), doing 2 different versions of the same mod just adds twice the amount of time, energy, and resources, which I just don't have time for.

Naked Tali is the best.
N7HadroreX
User

Have thanks: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development