Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[Article] Texture Tool

Help build and maintain the new ME3Explorer Wiki on Wikia.

[Article] Texture Tool

Postby giftfish » 04 Jan 2015, 17:53

Article: Texture Tool
URL: http://me3explorer.wikia.com/wiki/Texture_Tool
---------
Related Tutorial: http://me3explorer.wikia.com/wiki/Makin ... abin_Photo

Article is complete and ready for comment.

A couple details:

• There's a new "box" on this page to attract coders, letting them know if a tool is currently unmaintained. This tool is dated, but it's actually pretty handy for the single thing it does, since it doesn't require users to mess with Texplorer and tree.bin. Might be cool if other commonly modded textures were added like Saltisgood originally intended. Especially if it could be updated to generate a CustTex file and not overwrite inside the vanilla TFC.
  • While I don't think we want to get bogged down with posting a lot of tutorials for texture-creation (since doing so doesn't involve the toolset directly, and the Wiki is for the toolset and not simply a "Modding ME3" wiki), in this case it seemed appropriate.

@Kfreon -- We might need to either rename this tool or rename the submenu called "Texture Tools" they are a bit too much alike, which might confuse users. That's why I had originally suggested "Texture Installation" as the menu name ;P I'm open to other options, though, lol.

@Fog -- I added a new area on the bottom of the page for related tutorials. Let's start doing this for other pages, also (once the tutorials are present, lol). I noticed you've been good with the references, btw. I haven't even gone there yet, though, I haven't needed to for the most part.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Re: [Article] Texture Tool

Postby KFreon » 05 Jan 2015, 10:42

Sounds good to me.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Re: [Article] Texture Tool

Postby giftfish » 22 Feb 2016, 23:08

This tool has been (temporarily?) removed with r733 in preparation for the new stable. The article will stay but has been updated to reflect the new info.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Return to Wiki Development