Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[WIP] ThaneMOD v3.0 Dev

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

[WIP] ThaneMOD v3.0 Dev

Postby giftfish » 13 Oct 2014, 21:49

FYI to readers: ThaneMOD development discussion takes place on the ThaneMOD forums. This thread is placed here in the case I want to spread the word a bit more about upcoming mod features, and as a courtesy, to field development-related questions from toolset community members who prefer not to have to register on another forum :)

-------------
Kinkojiro is working his magic as we work together to create a package of galaxy map edits for ThaneMOD. Here's how it's looking so far...

Olyn Protectorate is an unused cluster in the game files that contains Kanala System with a single, unnamed planet. As far as we can tell, this was supposed to be for the hanar, but was abandoned during development and left unfinished. We've added additional planets to make it truer to BW's conventions (among other things) and are in the middle of coming up with names and descriptions. And war assets. Moar war assets.

The hanar and the drell are the only two advanced races in ME3 without homeworlds on the galaxy map (short of the yahg, who only appear in DLC). A pretty significant oversight considering the hanar have been under consideration for a seat on the Council since ME1 and Thane was a squadmate in ME2. ME3 shows us the homeworlds for the elcor and volus, rachni and batarians, quarians and asari, krogan and turians, salarians and humans. Even the vorcha. But no hanar. No drell. Every current and former squadmate has their homeworld on the map in ME3...except for Thane.

I'm sensing a pattern, BW -_-

Which is why we're also going to fix the oversight for the drell. We're placing a new system with Rakhana into the Eagle Nebula. It's only other cluster in the galaxy with a hanar presence, short of those housing Citadel and Noveria. Hopefully, we'll be showing you that next.

Any questions, shoot them below :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Re: ThaneMOD v3.0 in Development

Postby giftfish » 18 Jun 2015, 13:27

FYI, I recently had a question from someone as to if it's still okay to post in these ThaneMOD subforums, since they haven't been used very recently.

The answer is: of course. Anyone can post questions here. I'm around and will answer them. This forum is quiet only b/c most discussion for both TM and BO takes place on the ThaneMOD forum :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby scoutception » 20 Nov 2015, 22:51

I've got a few questions concerning Kahje and the Citadel Coup.
First off, if Kasumi isn't alive for the Hanar Diplomat sidequest, and if you choose to save Jondum Bau at the end, Kahje gets attacked by the Reapers and basically gets decimated. Assuming the Kahje is in the current version of the mod, does this outcome currently have any effect Kahje?
Second, does saving Thane basically guarantee that either Kirrahe or the Salarian Councilor will die during the Citadel Coup?
scoutception
User

Have thanks: 2 time

Postby giftfish » 22 Nov 2015, 00:08

scoutception wrote:I've got a few questions concerning Kahje and the Citadel Coup.
First off, if Kasumi isn't alive for the Hanar Diplomat sidequest, and if you choose to save Jondum Bau at the end, Kahje gets attacked by the Reapers and basically gets decimated. Assuming the Kahje is in the current version of the mod, does this outcome currently have any effect Kahje?
Second, does saving Thane basically guarantee that either Kirrahe or the Salarian Councilor will die during the Citadel Coup?

1. Kahje's cluster is not yet in the mod; that will be coming with TMv3.0. But, yes, if the player doesn't save Kahje, then the Reapers will invade the cluster/system (and Thane will die in the coup).

2. Correct. If Thane doesn't engage in the coup, then either Kirrahe will, or the salarian Councilor will die -- exactly as in the vanilla game.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby scoutception » 22 Nov 2015, 01:27

2. Correct. If Thane doesn't engage in the coup, then either Kirrahe will, or the salarian Councilor will die -- exactly as in the vanilla game.

Ouch. So, it's basically a choice of one of my favorite squadmates vs. one of my favorite non-squadmates. Not very fun :( .
Also, another question: does the chance for Thane to get treated for Kepral's Syndrome come before or after the coup?
scoutception
User

Have thanks: 2 time

Postby giftfish » 22 Nov 2015, 15:52

scoutception wrote:Also, another question: does the chance for Thane to get treated for Kepral's Syndrome come before or after the coup?

Technically, it depends on the version of ThaneMOD you use.

If you use vA, his Keprals isn't treated at all. He's simply absent and it's up to the player to headcanon why. vA has no added lore at all, short of some new epilogue flashforwards/flashbacks for Thane at the end. This is to be consistent with all other ME2 squadmates.

If you use vB-E, then you have added lore and the answer to your question is before. The treatment is the reason Thane becomes absent from the Citadel (rather than dying at the coup). If Thane is loyal from ME2, you save Kahje during Hanar Diplomat, and you speak to Thane in the hospital when he is there, then he will automatically leave sometime prior to the coup. From there, there is more content and new lore established, but you will not *see* Thane again until the epilogue. This is different for romancers, who also see him in the Memorial Scene.

giftfish has been thanked by:
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 15 Jun 2016, 16:11

Thought I'd quickly share a link for the latest tumblr post. Some cool things happening with the Hanar Diplomat quest in TM v3.0:

http://thanemod.tumblr.com/post/1459646 ... quest-begs

I you want to see more pics of the new drell attendant, swing by the ThaneMOD forums :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 02 Jul 2016, 18:24

Ah, lipsync, my long time nemesis. Your time has come!

Check this out...

Still using Garrus' audio and other facial animations, so there's no changes to timing; this is only a change to lipsync.

Like Deager has said, editing is still a bit tedious, but with just another change or two to the current tool, it will get miles better. This officially means I don't have to get creative with camera angles for Thane's romance scene -- beyond what I *want* to.

Yay!! :D

Thank you, Sir <3
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby Deager » 02 Jul 2016, 18:40

There we go. You're dealing with situations waaaaay more difficult than what I'm doing so good luck! But what a great feeling to be able to pick lines we want to use.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby giftfish » 02 Jul 2016, 18:59

Deager wrote:There we go. You're dealing with situations waaaaay more difficult than what I'm doing so good luck! But what a great feeling to be able to pick lines we want to use.

Copying individual animations across files works fantastic. If there were too many keyframes to delete, all I did was delete the existing animation for "MouthCornerOut" and copy over the new one from Thane's source file.

It's still a lot to have to adjust 2 dozen animations for a single line, but the thing is, once you do -- using this method -- it's perfect. You just locate the animation associated with audio you want to use and then copy that data into the new file. Even if the audio is from multiple sources, you still have all those source files. There will be adjustments needed where the splices occur that requires experimentation, but it's definitely feasible.

In my case, Sir porting the tool to ME2 is really the big thing, as most of my audio will come from there, so my source animations need to, as well. I'm crossing my fingers that we don't run into too many problem with that. We could hit issues with both the animations themselves and with bone differences in the actors. If this is the case, then I'll have to make more manual keyframe adjustments, and it'll be significantly more work.

I'm optimistic, though. With how much recycles their body animations (DAO *cough*), I expect they recycle all their face animations, as well.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Next

Return to Mods in Development