Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

The BioWare Forums are closing on August 26....

General chat about Mass Effect or otherwise.

Re: The BioWare Forums are closing on August 26....

Postby giftfish » 04 Aug 2016, 16:44

Main discussion thread is on Nexus at this point:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php? ... d-be-lost/

Seems like Tash, Shade, and Creeper are all coordinating well together. I'd ask them what needs to be done. Tash and I have a PM going with Nexus admins for anything of a sensitive nature.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby The Fob » 05 Aug 2016, 22:37

Well, what do you know. There you are, on a little trip and away from the internet for a week and by the time you come back, they decided to close your favorite website within the month.

Ah well, maybe this will mean much less procrastinating at work but I will truly miss the place. I'll stick around here for a while though, after all, MEHEM v0.6 remains half finished and needs to get out eventually and who knows, maybe ME:Andromeda will be such a fantastic game, that it will spark more modding interest after all.

I have to admit though, no longer having the prospect of discussing ME:A on the BW forums does curb my enthusiasm a lot. I guess we'll see, but from where I stand right now, it would have to be an utterly amazing game as closing the forums - and with such an idiotic reasoning that really insults the fans no less - just goes to show once more that BW no longer is a company who's products I want to get invested in as I'd always have to fear being stabbed in the back again. Better to keep a wary distance, sad but it is what it is.

For now, thanks to all here who are obviously putting in a lot of work to save as many mods as possible and regroup on the Nexus. It's kind of ironic that this bollocks idea of BioWare's actually may bring some advantages for mod users as a lot projects get reorganized and consolidated. Kudos for that folks!

The Fob has been thanked by:
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby giftfish » 05 Aug 2016, 23:34

@Fob -- Ack, I was wondering if you were out of town or something. I know you're still pretty involved over there, so I was surprised I hadn't seen you post yet. Sorry about the bad news :/

You've always been kinder to BioWare than I. I really did lose all faith in their priorities not only with ME3, but after how they conducted themselves afterward. BioWare is now no different than EA in my mind. They are one in the same.

I still don't think Andromeda is going to turn out to be the game people want. I think players are still wanting to rinse the taste of ME3 out of their mouths, though, and that's what Andromeda's about. And if there's one thing Thane fans have taught me about Citadel DLC, it's that when fans are starving for content, pretty much anything -- even bad content -- will suffice. So, we'll see how Andromeda is received. Not to mention, I have no doubt it will be very, very pretty on Frostbite, and some people are suckers for nice graphics.

Btw, the stench of bro culture permeating from BioWare through this entire mess is pretty nauseating.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby deadspear » 07 Aug 2016, 02:00

So I know Bioware doesn't give a flying toss about ME3 or its multiplayer anymore, but something just hit me is that, since the forum are going to be removed, then how will (if you -really- had to) report someone for hacking ME3 Multiplayer. Alright I know I'm being a bit stupid but hear me out. I know many players who have edited their ME3 Multiplayer experience with mods, I don't mean those people. I'm talking like when people like say this thread. https://forum.bioware.com/topic/547856- ... ltiplayer/
I'm have not done this, nor will I attempt it (And I hope I'm not giving anyone any ideas). But say once the forums go down and communication completely severed from Bioware's end. You go into a match where a player enabled friendly fire and griefs the place or whatever other shenanigans are possible with coalested edits. What can one do then? Report him on Facebook? Tumblr? How is -actual- bug reporting or any type of misbehavior going to be handled now?
So the TLDR: You won't even be able to report people for -anything- and that will only just give any cheaters a free pass because the only way a player can get banned nowadays on ME3:M is through a direct report and now even those are going to be gone.

Edit: Out of curiosity, is the entire Social Network going down? Because if so then the only way to get the DLC will be on Origin?
deadspear
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby giftfish » 07 Aug 2016, 03:14

My guess is you'd report it to EA. That's been BW's answer to "technical support".

BW has not yet given an official answer to the total closure of BSN, but the word is that there are "plans" for the game patches and DLC that are currently only available through BSN.

I'm also guessing they will close the original Mass Effect site that is still around and still hosts the final patch for ME1.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby deadspear » 07 Aug 2016, 11:39

If they'd put the DLC's on Origin and I could buy them with real money and at their value, I'd be so happy.
deadspear
User

Postby giftfish » 07 Aug 2016, 13:52

deadspear wrote:If they'd put the DLC's on Origin and I could buy them with real money and at their value, I'd be so happy.

This is what I hope they don't do.

All those games pre-date Origin and folks with non-Trilogy physical disks shouldn't have to "update" their game to an "Origin" copy. However, this is exactly what I think they'll do. BW might even try to entice people by making an "all DLC are free" offer for a limited time.

I'll stick to my non-Origin physical disks, thanks. :evil:
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby deadspear » 07 Aug 2016, 14:28

For ME3 DLC it would be much better if they were store (real money) based and I'd probably love Bioware again if I got all the DLC for ME3 for free out of the blue.
deadspear
User

Postby giftfish » 07 Aug 2016, 17:19

deadspear wrote:For ME3 DLC it would be much better if they were store (real money) based and I'd probably love Bioware again if I got all the DLC for ME3 for free out of the blue.

Yes, the BW point thing is ridiculous. I agree that people should just be able to pay standard dollars. However, that's a separate issue from requiring folks to "upgrade' their old games to Origin.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby CreeperLava » 07 Aug 2016, 18:09

Especially regarding the problems Origin poses for modded games. I can't use Texmod with Origin on W10, I had to download a crack just for that purpose^^.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic