Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

The Cycle Continues...spoilers in here

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: The Cycle Continues...spoilers in here

Postby Deager » 01 Nov 2015, 21:35

I figured there'd be some reaction to this mod. All of 4 people actually have downloaded it; not shocking.

To be candid, this mod just fell into my lap. I'm working on what I would call the "real" version of LIME but I realized I basically had everything in place to do this mod. The arguments I make are simply for people who may want to use it but it's not my preferred ending and I'll probably never use it. Although, maybe for a change of pace I will at some point.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby FemShep » 02 Nov 2015, 03:00

I am thinking of doing it for my flythrough series, but it'd cut off an important level design part. I am interested.

also on nexus my MP controller support mod had liek 5 downloads over the course of a week. I feel that nexus is just too damn hard to use. From my stats I get way more downloads on my site (no registration) than through nexus. However mod manager is doing quite well on nexus.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby FemShep » 02 Nov 2015, 19:07

Additionally, you don't even mention any way to download this via this thread. I cannot find it on nexus. On your LIME mod you do not mention how to even install it, which would probably lead to people not downloading it either (also lack of images)
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby Deager » 02 Nov 2015, 23:50

Here's a link if people are reading in this section instead of the Download Area.
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/379/?

I'm not too worried about downloads. I'll put a blurb up soon enough, although Shorter Dreams has nothing and is doing fine and Extended Cut to Citadel DLC just says

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Just run the installer and follow the instructions

which I'll probably add at least that once I get the other version of LIME up.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby sansuni » 03 Nov 2015, 05:37

Well, there is another reason people tend to avoid things like this.. Because all by itself, it is just sad.

What I mean is, their main complaint with the original game was, none of your choices in the entire series really mattered in the end and while this mod is cool in a way, it does just that, makes your character die no matter what. If it was a part of something larger, like a part of a ending mod where your choices mattered and this is one of the outcomes, people would trip over themselves to download it I think.

To be honest, I noticed this mod on Nexus before I noticed it here (even though I was a member while you posted it) and I thought it was was cool narrative wise yet I still didn't download it. I guess what I am saying is, I am sure it will get a lot more downloads when you finish it and add other ending possibilities like you plan to do I think.
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Postby KingFeraligatr » 06 Nov 2015, 06:56

Sorry that I never completed my other ending post here. I just burnt ot. For BW ME3, I still haven't found an ending mod I like better than MEHEM (but it needs lots of work, sorry Fob). There's also the fact I don;t really care about playing the games anymore and am making more pushes for my Rewrite (seriously, that keeps me sane for this series). It's at the point that my Rewrite is my new canon and BW ME2 and 3 are just fanfics with lesser quality writing and plotting.

In other news, I now have a role play on another forum I post on (the main one I post on to be exact) that I'm GMing for based on my Rewrite. If you want a link, PM me. Wish me luck.

Also, good job on the mod Deager, even if it's not my thing. Less plotholes is practically always a good thing. I'm still not completely satisfied with the ending mods out there.
I call myself the Typo Master. So if you see a typo in my posts, I'm sorry.
Link to the forums of my Mass Effect Rewrite: http://kfmerewriteforums.proboards.com/

KingFeraligatr has been thanked by:
KingFeraligatr
User

Have thanks: 14 time

Postby giftfish » 16 Jan 2016, 17:46

Deager, so is this is dev thread for LIME, or a different ending mod? I'm seeing there's already a dev thread to LIME, and the link several posts above leads to LIME. I want to re-title the thread so it's clearer, but I find myself confused as to which mod this thread is for, lol...

So many ending mods, so little time.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Previous

Return to Mods in Development