Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

The Massive Emails & War Assets Mod [WIP]

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: The Massive Emails & War Assets Mod [WIP]

Postby deadspear » 18 Aug 2015, 18:33

This is from the wiki: "Wong realizes that the signal she is broadcasting led the Reaper forces to that location. In an attempt to escape in a sky van, Wong is shot at and injured as the Alliance forces and airport are destroyed. Bleeding badly and without any other weapons to use, she steers her sky van toward an approaching Reaper at ramming speed. Her signal is subsequently lost, and she is presumed dead. "
deadspear
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby JunkoXan » 18 Aug 2015, 18:53

deadspear wrote:This is from the wiki: "Wong realizes that the signal she is broadcasting led the Reaper forces to that location. In an attempt to escape in a sky van, Wong is shot at and injured as the Alliance forces and airport are destroyed. Bleeding badly and without any other weapons to use, she steers her sky van toward an approaching Reaper at ramming speed. Her signal is subsequently lost, and she is presumed dead. "

not confirmed though, Presumed is a stretch to be used as confirmation. let alone how resourceful Emily was when it came to electronics.
JunkoXan
User

Have thanks: 15 time

Postby gagahax » 20 Aug 2015, 14:21

I hate to butt in, but would it be possible to add an email from Mr. Lorik Qui'in in the event that you helped him directly on Noveria?
Maybe some comment about attacking that Cerberus base? I was really sad we didn't get anything from that charming gentleman in ME3. :c
gagahax
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Erior » 12 Sep 2015, 19:43

Mmm, what assigments from 2 are you planning to include elements from in this mod?
Erior
User

Postby StarDrive85 » 03 Oct 2015, 18:21

Is this still being worked on?, it looks amazing.
StarDrive85
User

Postby AVPen » 22 Oct 2015, 16:43

StarDrive85 wrote:Is this still being worked on?, it looks amazing.

Short answer is "Yes, this is still being worked on", abit very slowly and no ETA on when it'll be done (been dealing with health issues and some other stuff over the last few months which has kept me from focusing on modding work).
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby scoutception » 30 Oct 2015, 21:47

Since the Tenth Street Reds are very likely only going to be available to players who picked the Earthborn backgrounds, have you considered adding other war assets or small little bonuses that you can only get depending on your background? Like, maybe Toomb's mercenary squad gets a boost if you picked Sole Survivor, or you get Hannah Shepard as an asset if you picked Spacer?
scoutception
User

Have thanks: 2 time

Postby sansuni » 31 Oct 2015, 21:26

Great work. I never imagined this was even possible. I love it. It is really great that it is compatible with Galaxy Map mod.

It would have been nice to have Shepard's Apartment again, it doesn't even get invaded by reapers until the very late stages of the game I think, it is a shame. :D

scoutception wrote:Since the Tenth Street Reds are very likely only going to be available to players who picked the Earthborn backgrounds, have you considered adding other war assets or small little bonuses that you can only get depending on your background? Like, maybe Toomb's mercenary squad gets a boost if you picked Sole Survivor, or you get Hannah Shepard as an asset if you picked Spacer?

I might be wrong, but if you have spacer background, you will get Hannah Shepard automatically. (Admiral Hackett will find her and contact her, she will then go and start working on the crucible.)

You could get Lieutenant "Ernesto Zabaleta" as an asset though. (He only appears if you have a spacer background.) Maybe he cleaned up his act after meeting you and now he is willing to fight.

Also, if you have a War Hero background, you should be able to get SSV Agincourt as a asset. But that might be a bit too much.. I don't know.
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Postby scoutception » 31 Oct 2015, 23:25

I can't find anything about her being a war asset in vanilla, and besides, I guess it would've been a bit unfair to the people who picked the other origins to have just her. As for Zabaleta, maybe helping him in the first game would give Hannah Shepard a small bonus. I think he's kinda in the same situation as Major Kyle: probably not fit for combat, but useful in an indirect fashion.
Also, I know Elysium is in the game, and it doesn't have any war assets or sidequests tied to it, so maybe there could be something there for War Heroes.
scoutception
User

Have thanks: 2 time

Postby sansuni » 01 Nov 2015, 00:39

scoutception wrote:I can't find anything about her being a war asset in vanilla, and besides, I guess it would've been a bit unfair to the people who picked the other origins to have just her.

She is a war asset alright:
After the mission on Rannoch, Admiral Hackett will tell Shepard that he has located Hannah Shepard and has recruited her for the Crucible project. She has also been promoted to Rear Admiral in the course of the war, and is proud of her child leading the fight against the Reapers.

I copied this from wikipedia, but I personally remember this being in the game. I am not sure if it is in the list of war assets, but if it isn't, it is clearly because they forgot to add her to the list.

I don't think they cared about what would be unfair to players while they were making ME3... just saying.

scoutception wrote:As for Zabaleta, maybe helping him in the first game would give Hannah Shepard a small bonus. I think he's kinda in the same situation as Major Kyle: probably not fit for combat, but useful in an indirect fashion.
Also, I know Elysium is in the game, and it doesn't have any war assets or sidequests tied to it, so maybe there could be something there for War Heroes.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Depending on how you handled the situation, Zabaleta might have recovered. He is a trained military personnel after all. All he really needed was some professional help. If you convinced him to get help, then he wouldn't stand still while Earth is being devastated by the reapers. (Also, unlike other characters, he didn't send you a mail in ME2 no matter if you helped him or not. It would be nice to see that he recovered and got over his issues.) He should be an asset only if you convinced him to go and get help from Veterans Affairs Office. (it would be like, he and several other veterans wants to help you in your quest to save the Earth.)

I am not sure about Major Kyle though. But if you resolved the situation peacefully and saved Martin Burns, he and his followers (now upgraded) can help you out.

There are a few possible war assets from ME1 if you did the UNC missions, like:

"Lieutenant Marie Durand" if you did the listening post missions.
"Corporal Toombs" if you didn't kill him ME1 and rejected Cerberus at the end of ME2. (He should even send you a mail to apologize.)
"Martin Burns" if you saved his life in ME1, or rather he could send you a mail and give you new generation of human biotics.

There are so many people who appeared in ME1, (that you even helped out) never to be seen again. Some of those can return at least.
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development