Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

The Massive Emails & War Assets Mod [WIP]

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: The Massive Emails & War Assets Mod [WIP]

Postby AVPen » 05 Dec 2015, 20:44

I realize that I've neglected this mod and the work on it for too long, partly due to health and other random things that come up in life (such is life, I guess lol), but I've nevertheless have neglected it. This project started back in April of 2014, yet it still hasn't been released yet... that really needs to change, I think.

So here's the bottom line - I will try to finish this mod up by the end of the year, or at the very least have it finished sometime in January. I make no promises and no guarantees, just that I will try hard to have this finished by that time. (which also means I will also have to put some other content mods I have planned on hold)

As for new stuff:
- am still researching into adding new intel assets to the game, so I can create a new intel for players who completed the ME1 Pinnacle Station DLC and earned Shepard's apartment from Ahern. If successful, this new intel would be available from the Spectre terminal on the Citadel as an "approval request".

- the research into adding additional Collector SMG and Sniper weapons from Mp into the SP game.... has been a major bust, lol :roll: As Kinkojiro has mentioned in the past, the Collector Sniper and SMG require assets from files in the Retaliation MP DLC, which I really don't wanna f*** around with (and honestly don't have the time to f*** around with it anyway, lol), so for now only the Collector AR will be available in MEWAM via the previously existing Joker email/Spectre terminal access.

- the upgrade for Gillian's war asset is in place and working (again, this is only if the player saved David Archer in the ME2 Overlord DLC and saved the Grissom Academy students in ME3).

- I'm replacing the final email from Bailey regarding the Reapers attack on the Citadel, and instead will have the Asari Councillor send the email (either Tevos or Irissa, depending on the Council choice in ME1). In addition to talking about the Reapers attack and the evacuation of the Citadel, the Asari Councilor will also briefly (and vaguely) mention the ARKCON project, which should hopefully serve as a lead-in to the story of Mass Effect: Andromeda.

- this is the current image for a new war asset for completing the Omega DLC, the Patriarch (only if Shepard kept Patriarch alive via the Paragon option in ME2):

- and a WIP image (not 100% satisfied with the visuals yet) for a special Ilos-based war asset that will be exclusive to both MEWAM and MapMod:

Regarding Shepard's background and new war assets
I honestly don't planned on adding any new content for Spacer Shepards - they already get a fair bit of content in both the vanilla game and the Citadel DLC, so I don't see any additional need for a war asset based on Hannah Shepard or anything. Introducing assets for colonist Shepards are also really tricky and currently I have no additional content for them - I can always try to add Talitha to the gam, but honestly I have no clue what role she would or could even play (especially considering the email she sends Shepard in ME2 makes it sounds like she still has a long way to go in her recovery, even after 2-3 years). Earthborn Shepards are getting the previously mentioned Tenth Street Reds content, which has both benefits and consequences for accepting the Reds as allies/war assets (fitting for Renegade playthroughs, considering that Earthborn-backgrounds skew towards Renegade paths).

sansuni wrote:There are a few possible war assets from ME1 if you did the UNC missions, like:

"Lieutenant Marie Durand" if you did the listening post missions.
"Corporal Toombs" if you didn't kill him ME1 and rejected Cerberus at the end of ME2. (He should even send you a mail to apologize.)
"Martin Burns" if you saved his life in ME1, or rather he could send you a mail and give you new generation of human biotics.
1. ... No :| Have already talked about this in a previous thread I believe, but if an NPC makes such a non-presence to me in a playthrough, then that NPC is not worth bringing back for such a random cameo message/war asset
2. Toombs is already a part of MEWAM
3. Martin Burns already has a role in MEWAM.

AVPen has been thanked by:
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby sansuni » 05 Dec 2015, 23:18

I want to start by saying, some great stuff right there. Good work.

AVPen wrote:Regarding Shepard's background and new war assets
I honestly don't planned on adding any new content for Spacer Shepards - they already get a fair bit of content in both the vanilla game and the Citadel DLC, so I don't see any additional need for a war asset based on Hannah Shepard or anything. Introducing assets for colonist Shepards are also really tricky and currently I have no additional content for them - I can always try to add Talitha to the gam, but honestly I have no clue what role she would or could even play (especially considering the email she sends Shepard in ME2 makes it sounds like she still has a long way to go in her recovery, even after 2-3 years). Earthborn Shepards are getting the previously mentioned Tenth Street Reds content, which has both benefits and consequences for accepting the Reds as allies/war assets (fitting for Renegade playthroughs, considering that Earthborn-backgrounds skew towards Renegade paths).

I really wish you would reconsider. Since backgrounds are mentioned less and less with every ME game. (this would add some special variety to the game as well) But if it isn't even possible, then there is nothing to do about that.

As for Talitha, who knows, she might have recovered. (Even if she didn't fully recover, there is a war going on and she could still be useful in some way if she has recovered just enough.) If nothing else, it would be nice if she at least send you a thank you email saying she is now helping in some small way. (however insignificant, it would still be a nice addition) Same goes for Zabaleta as well. (I mean, if it is at all possible)

AVPen wrote:1. ... No :| Have already talked about this in a previous thread I believe, but if an NPC makes such a non-presence to me in a playthrough, then that NPC is not worth bringing back for such a random cameo message/war asset
2. Toombs is already a part of MEWAM
3. Martin Burns already has a role in MEWAM.

Fair enough. I just hate how so many named characters just appear and disappear from the series without trace. (also, almost anything from the first game is important for me as it my favorite game of the series by far)
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Postby CreeperLava » 06 Dec 2015, 08:05

Wut, awesome to hear ! January is also the time at which I'll finally have access to my Windows computer again, perfect^^.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby AVPen » 14 Dec 2015, 03:36

Ok, I know I said I was going to put the rest of my planned mods on hold till MEWAM was done, buttttttt..... I decided to finish up a few mods up to release next week, lol :roll:

Next week, I'll be releasing several DLC-mods that I had in the pipeline and didn't need much time to finish up, including:

Improved Fitness and Encumbrance
This was originally a personal mod that I made for myself, but I decided to share it with the community - this mod attempts to keep the classes more in line with how they were in both ME1 and ME2, by changing the health/shields, melee damage, and shield regen of each class's Fitness (meaning Soldiers now have the highest health/shields, while Adapts and Engineers now have the lowest health/shields). Additionally, this mod increases the weight encumbrance limit for each class to give them all a little more leeway with what weapons players want to equip.

Miranda: Alternative Uniform
This mod gives Miranda a brand new uniform based off of Ashley's casual outfit in ME3. This was originally a mod concept developed by Getorex/Praedor (which I originally made the textures for), but I ended up redoing the mesh from scratch to fix a few issues that the original had (namely to keep the cleavage but not have to alter Miranda's scalp/neck mesh) and fixed the original Spec map. Additionally, this mod is 100% compatible with my existing Miranda Armor mods, meaning that Miranda will wear the new uniform in most scenes but will still have her armor during Horizon and Armax Arena if players have my Armor mods installed.

Grunt: Aralakh Commander
Similar to how I used Jack's ME2 AAP clothing as a replacement for her (awful) ME3 outfit, I decided to give Grunt a different set of armor more fitting of his new role in ME3 as the commander of Aralakh Company (based off of his ME2 AAP armor).

Liara: Science Officer
A fairly simple mod that replaces Liara's non-combat clothing from her default "Shadow Broker" outfit with a variant of the science officer's uniform.

AVPen
Modder

Postby deadspear » 14 Dec 2015, 16:21

That Miranda armor looks awesome :D All of them are must have mods.
deadspear
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby StarDrive85 » 21 Dec 2015, 08:16

I was really hyped when i saw some news posts on this threads, i'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time with life ATM, so don't push you're self if it's causing you harm.

we can wait :)
StarDrive85
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby AVPen » 22 Dec 2015, 19:08

Ok folks, the new mods "Improved Fitness and Encumbrance" (http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/405), "Miranda: Alternative Uniform" (http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/402), and "Grunt: Aralakh Commander" (http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/403) are now live on the Nexus.

Back to work on MEWAM.... :roll:

AVPen
Modder

Postby CreeperLava » 22 Dec 2015, 19:17

Awesome, thanks ! I will make sure to endorse as soon as I can :).
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby Erior » 28 Dec 2015, 15:44

Mind if I ask, will there be any mention to the 80% Paragon and 80% Renegade quests from 1?
Erior
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby AVPen » 24 Jan 2016, 21:49

Erior wrote:Mind if I ask, will there be any mention to the 80% Paragon and 80% Renegade quests from 1?

The outcome bools for the "UNC: Besieged Base" assignment have been bugged since ME1 (which is why that particular mission doesn't correctly import into ME2), so that one is a no-go.

It would be cool to have something for the "UNC: The Negotiation" assignment, but I have no idea what the bools are for that mission's outcomes (Kinkojiro is much better at finding plot bools in ME1 than I am, lol).
AVPen
Modder

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development