The Massive Emails & War Assets Mod [WIP]

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.
AVPen
Modder

06 Apr 2014, 22:26 #1

With the excellent work of giftfish and others at discovering how to add new emails, codex entries, conditionals, and war assets to the game, I've decided to officially try my hat at mod-making (well, apart from previous texture mods like giving James N7 armor or doing the texture work for Getorex's Miranda's "Ashley Suit") and attempt to create a new ME3 mod that would add a number of new email/war asset content to the game - the Massive Email & War Asset Mod, aka MEWAM.

In this first post of the thread, you'll find a list of all the types of new emails and war assets that I'm developing and adding with MEWAM (which will be edited each time I add/change content for the mod):

Brand New Content
EMAILS/WAR ASSETS: "Kal'Reegar" & "Migrant Fleet Marines"
ImageImage
This was the basis for me starting this mod, as I absolutely hated that Kal'Reegar got impersonally killed off via email near the end of ME3 (all that great character work in ME2... flushed down the toilet). In listening to dialogue between Shepard and Primarch Victus at the end of the game, I realized that there should no reason why Kal'Reegar and his Migrant Fleet Marines should be killed off if Wrex was leading the krogan, as he would make sure that the turians got proper krogan support in the battles for Pavalen (unlike if Wreav was leader, where Victus says that he couldn't/didn't send the turians enough support). So I've decided to do a little re-editing where if Wrex is the krogan leader, then Reegar and his marines will get enough support from krogans and turians during their mission that THEY WON'T DIE, along with becoming war assets.
Includes:
- a new email variant of the ANN article "Quarian Marines" regarding Kal'Reegar and his marines surviving on Pavalen
- a new Normandy email from Kal'Reegar to Shepard
- a new war asset, "Kal'Reegar"
- a new war asset, "Migrant Fleet Marines"
In order to receive this portion of the mod, the quarians need to be alive (either by choosing their side at the end of the Rannoch war or by choosing peace between the quarians and geth) AND Wrex needs to be the krogan leader (so that Pavalen receives additional krogan support). If Wreav is the krogan leader instead or if Shepard loses Clan Urdnot support in the game, then the original ANN email will still appear as normal and both Reegar and his marines will still die.

EMAILS/WAR ASSETS: "Gillian Grayson" & "Hendel Mitra"
ImageImage
For those people like myself who contributed to that now famous Google document detailing every single flaw and error in that wretched novel 'Mass Effect: Deception,' it's time to face an inevitable truth... BioWare and Del Rey isn't going to do jacksh*t about releasing a corrected version of the novel :x Which means, folks, Deception can be officially written off as non-canon. But that leaves a little problem for whatever happened to our resident humans still left aboard the Migrant Fleet, Gillian Grayson and Hendel Mitra. So, I'm having them return to the Alliance following the end of the Rannoch conflict and becoming war assets. ;)
Includes:
- a new Normandy email from the quarian ship Idenna detailing the return of Gillian and Hendel to the Alliance
- a new war asset, "Gillian Grayson"
- a new war asset, "Hendel Mitra"
- a new Shadow Broker terminal email featuring a dialogue exchange between Kahlee Sanders, Jack, and Gillian (and possibly Hendel)
In order to receive this portion of the mod, the player will need both the quarians alive (either by choosing their side at the end of the Rannoch war or by choosing peace between the quarians/geth) AND the completion of the Grissom Academy Evacuation mission (so that Kahlee and the Grissom students are alive).

EMAILS/WAR ASSET: "Randall Ezno"
Just a personal addition for me - EA has apparently pulled support for their ME: Infiltrator iOS game (since the game no longer seems to work anymore on a number of iOS), meaning its Cerberus Escapees war asset is now near worthless if no one can play the game that grants it. However, I rather liked the Randall Ezno character from that game and thought that he should have appeared in some capacity in the main game (given how much anti-Cerberus the story of ME3 is). So with that in mind, I'm planning on adding the character into ME3 as a new war asset.
Includes:
- a new Spectre Terminal request to release Ezno from Alliance custody
- a new war asset, "Randall Ezno" (if he is released)
- an asset upgrade for "Randall Ezno" war asset if all Ceberus-based side missions are completed
- a new ANN article email if the condition for Ezno's asset upgrade are met
- a new Shadow Broker Terminal email if the condition for Ezno's asset upgrade are met
In order to receive these new emails/war asset, the player must first complete the Ex-Cerberus Scientists mission and the N7:Ceberus Lab side mission, then check the Spectre terminal on the Citadel. On the terminal, there will be a new email requesting Spectre approval to release Randall Ezno from C-Sec confinement and accept his help in taking down Cerberus - if this request is approved, Randall becomes a new war asset

EMAILS: "MEHEM Emails" (from MEHEM v0.4)
I've received permission from both MrFob and frypan that I could use a number of the new emails they made for the v0.4 of MEHEM and include them here as separate emails from that mod. The emails I plan on including from MEHEM are:
- "FCC News Broadcast" (the 'Emily Wong is alive' email)
- "Your Destiny" (Sha'ira's email)
- "Hey Shepard" (Gianna Parasini's email)
- Gianna Parasini's Spectre Terminal request (send liquor to Crucible project)
- "CC: Timecapsules" (Liara's time-capsules plan)
- "Final Project Update" (Kahlee Sanders's email).
I will say upfront, I have done a bit of rewrites/edits to these emails, mostly to improve the grammar, characterization, and changes relating to other war assets/emails.

EMAILS/WAR ASSET: "Gianna Parasini"
Along with her MEHEM email, the player will also receive Gianna as a war asset, along with an asset upgraded based on her Spectre terminal request for sending her liquor at the Crucible project.
Includes:
- a new war asset, "Gianna Parasini"
- an asset upgrade for "Gianna Parasini" war asset if Shepard sends her liquor for her Spectre Terminal request

WAR ASSET: "Eletania Artifact"
This is the prothean sphere found on Eletania in ME1, that you needed the trinket from Shi'ara in order to activate it (these plot flags have been constantly imported throughout the ME series, but curiously was never used at all). So I decided to use those ME1 import flags and include the Eletania artifact as a new war asset, if a player's Shepard had found the artifact on Eletania and used Shi'ara's trinket to activate it.
Includes:
- a new war asset, "Eletania Artifact"

WAR ASSET: "Prothean Relic"
This is the Prothean relic that was found at the end of the Project Firewalker DLC for ME2 and then kept in Shepard's cabin (which kinda begs the question, what the hell ever happened to it in ME3... :roll: ). So I've decided to include the Firewalker relic as a new war asset, provided that Shepard completed the final mission of the ME2 Firewalker DLC and found the prothean sphere.
Includes:
- a new war asset, "Prothean Relic"

EMAIL/WAR ASSET: "Toombs's Mercenary Squad"
This email/asset brings back Corporal Toombs and the mercenary squad that he formed back in ME2 to hunt down Cerberus, provided that he survived ME1 either by being persuaded to not kill Dr Wayne or if Shepard killed the scientist instead.
Includes:
- a new Normandy email from Toombs to Shepard
- a new war asset, "Toombs Merc Squad"

EMAIL/WAR ASSET: "Biotic Platoon"
This is a new email and war asset that's based on two side missions from ME1 - stopping Major Kyle and his biotic commune in "UNC: Major Kyle" and saving Chairman Burns from biotic terrorists in "UNC: Hostage". If both Chairman Burns and Major Kyle are still alive by ME3 (meaning that Kyle surrendered and Burns was saved from the terrorists), then Shepard will receive an ANN article detailing that groups of former Alliance L2 biotics are returning back into the Alliance to lend their aid in the war and features a quote from Kyle calling on those former radical L2 biotics to return, in addition to receiving those biotics as a new war asset (there's also an additional asset upgrade available at the Spectre terminal).
Includes:
- a new ANN article email on the return of former Alliance biotics
- a new war asset, "Biotic Platoon"
- a new Spectre Terminal request to authorize the release of additional reparations to L2 biotics
- an asset update for "Biotic Platoon" war asset, if the Spectre requested is approved

EMAIL/WAR ASSET: "Tenth Street Reds"
Something I was slightly disappointed with was how ME3 handled Shepard's background - the game acknowledged the Spacer history (a brief mention of Shepard's mom in the main game, plus a call between Shepard and his/her mother in the Citadel DLC), but Earthborn and Colonist kinda got jack. I always thought that at least for Earthborn, the Tenth Street Reds gang should have had some mention via email or whatever, so I reintroduced them back into ME3 by a new email from Finch and request to release several high-ranking members of the Reds from C-Sec custody - if the request is fulfilled, then the Reds become a new war asset for Shepard. HOWEVER, don't think that releasing an anti-alien gang like the Reds won't have repercussions down the line... if they are released, you may hear of an attack on the turians later, which may reduce the number of one of the turian war assets...
Includes:
- a new Normandy email from Finch to Shepard
- a new Spectre Terminal request where Shepard can release high-rank members of the Reds
- a new war asset, "Tenth Street Reds"
- a new Normandy ANN article email on a Reds assault on turian engineer and medical ships (if the Reds are released)
- a negative asset upgrade for the "Turian Engineering Corps" war asset (if the Reds are released)

WAR ASSET: "Allied Reinforcements"
This asset is based of an unused war asset that never made it into the game - originally there was going to be a war asset based on a Facebook element, but since Bioware never introduced a Facebook aspect for ME3, this asset went unused. So I've reintroduced it into the game, but it now requires that the Old Council was saved in ME1 and that the Salarian Councilor was saved from Kai Leng in ME3 (either by Thane or Kirrahe).
Includes:
- a new war asset, "Allied Reinforcements"

WAR ASSET UPGRADE: "Cerberus Operative Intel"
An asset upgrade for the Alliance First Fleet war asset, this is based on the player having completed the "N7: Lost Operative" assignment in ME2 and if the player chose to upload the Cerberus operative's data to either the Alliance or the Normandy (however, if the player sent the data to Cerberus, this asset upgrade will not be available).
Includes:
- an asset upgrade to the "Alliance First Fleet" war asset

WAR ASSET UPGRADE: "Overlord Project Data"
An upgrade for Dr. Gavin Archer's war asset, this new asset upgrade is found on the planet Aite (the same planet where Project Overlord took place) and is received if Shepard had found all 6 Cerberus data packets required for the Data Hound Achievement during the Overlord DLC in ME2. Note: The player's Shepard is required to have found all 6 data packets himself or herself during their ME2 playthrough, not just receiving the Data Hound Achievement on the player's profile.
Includes:
- an asset upgrade to the "Dr. Gavin Archer" war asset

NEGATIVE ASSET UPGRADE: "Rana Thanoptis"
This is a new NEGATIVE war asset upgrade (yeah, bet you didn't expect that in this mod :lol: ), which lowers the Asari Science Team asset rating by 20 points if Rana Thanoptis was spared in ME1 and is awarded upon reading the ANN article email about her suicide.
Includes:
- a negative asset upgrade for "Asari Science Team" war asset

EMAILS/WAR ASSET UPGRADE: "Xen's Anti-Reaper AIs"
For those who don't know, hidden within the game data are several elements of a cut Daro'Xen sidequest, nearly all of which are unusable due to a lack of additional content (audio, animation, scene data, etc). However, two elements I found to be interesting were a curious Shadow Broker terminal email from Xen to Professor T'Kisha (asari scentist working on the Crucible) and a Spectre Terminal request from Xen for additional funds to develop a semi-AI viral weapon that could be used against the Reapers. So I decided to do a couple re-edits to those two messages and use them to create a new war asset upgrade for Xen. BUT... there is another condition for this content to appear... Gianna Parasini must have been acquired and her Spectre Terminal request completed in order for Xen's SB email and Spectre Terminal request to appear.
Includes:
- a new Shadow Broker Terminal email of a message from Xen to Professor T'Kisha
- a new Spectre Terminal request to approve additional funds to Xen and T'Kisha for AI experiments
- a new asset upgrade for the Admiral Xen war asset
In order to receive these new emails/war asset, the player must have the quarians alive (either by choosing their side at the end of the Rannoch war or by choosing peace between the quarians/geth) AND Gianna Parasini must be alive and acquired as a war asset AND the player must have approved Gianna's Spectre Terminal request to send liquor to the Crucible project.

EMAIL/WAR ASSET: "Helena Blake" (requires Omega DLC)
If Helena Blake survived the events of ME1 (either by Shepard accepting her bribe or Shepard persuading her to dismember her syndicate), then she will send Shepard an email on the completion of the Omega DLC, along with becoming a new war asset.
Includes:
- a new Normandy email from Helena Blake to Shepard
- a new war asset, "Helena Blake"

WAR ASSET: "Element Zero Caches" (requires Omega DLC)
Based on an unused war asset (which was previously from when the Omega mission content was part of the base game, before it got cut out to be DLC), this new war asset is awarded upon completing the Omega DLC and then using the Normandy to land on the Omega station.
Includes:
- a new war asset, "Element Zero Caches"

WAR ASSET: "Ceberus Flotilla" (requires Omega DLC)
Based on an unused war asset (which I believe was previously from when the Omega mission content was part of the base game, before it got cut out to be DLC), this new war asset is found on a planet within the Omega Nebula. Special note, though: if Helena Blake is alive during ME3, then she will include the exact coordinates for the Flotilla in her email to Shepard following the completion of the Omega DLC.
Includes:
- a new war asset, "Cerberus Flotilla"

EMAIL/NEGATIVE ASSET UPGRADE: "Ish" (requires Omega DLC)
Another negative asset upgrade, if Shepard completed the ME2 assignment "Omega: Packages for Ish" by giving Ish both data packages from the Citadel and Illium, then Ish will still be around by the time of ME3 and continuing to sell secrets on Omega and Aria to numerous groups, including Cerberus. Thanks to this, Cerberus is able to attack and sabotage several ships of Omega's Element Zero shipments to the Alliance, reducing the GAW points of the Omega DLC war asset, Omega Eezo Hoard.
Includes:
- a new email to Shepard from Bray about Ish selling secrets on Omega
- an negative asset upgrade for both the "Omega Eezo Hoard" war asset

EMAIL/WAR ASSET/SALVAGE: "Admiral Tadius Ahern"
Thanks to Kinkojiro, I was able to find the pool bools for the ME1 DLC "Pinnacle Station", a DLC that I'm sure many of us who played ME1 wish we kinda never had lol :roll: However, I did want to provide a little reward for those players who managed to complete this annoying DLC, so I'm reintroducing Admiral Ahern back into ME3 with a new email to Shepard and as a war asset. Additionally, there is now a new credit salvage asset to be found on Intai'sei worth 100,000 credits (to kinda make up for the lose of Shepard's ME1 apartment, lol) - due note that this means that the previous asset found on that planet (Kakliosaur Fossil) is now located on a new planet.
Includes:
- a new Normandy email from Ahern to Shepard
- a new war asset, "Admiral Tadius Ahern"
- a new credit salvage asset worth 100,000 credits, found on Intai'sei

Additional/Miscellaneous Content
WAR ASSET: "Salarian Special Tasks Group" (corrected from original game)
This was something that always bugged the hell out of me in the vanilla game - if Major Kirrahe was kept alive in ME1, he later promises to bring in more STG support to aid Shepard in ME3, but the only way to get the "Salarian Special Tasks Group" asset was to have Kirrahe dead and replaced by Lt. Tolan (and honestly, why the hell would that a**hole send Shepard any STG support after making it clear that he doesn't trust Shepard at all? :| ). This mod corrects that issue by making it so that Salarian STG asset linked to Kirrahe being alive, meaning:
- if Kirrahe is alive, you received both Kirrahe and Salarian Special Task Group war assets
- if Kirrahe is dead, you receive neither asset (obviously, lol)

WAR ASSET IMAGE UPDATE: "Major Kirrahe"
Correcting Kirrahe's war asset image to reflect his ME3 appearance (as opposed to the original image, which used his ME1 appearance).

WAR ASSET: "Captain Ka'hairal Balak"
A relatively minor edit, I'm making Balak into his own war asset, as opposed to being an asset upgrade for the Batarian Fleet war asset like the vanilla game. I've also replaced his previous GAW image with the one used for the Batarians codex entry (because, A. the codex image does display Balak, and B. the Batarians codex image is an infinitely more badass shot of Balak than his GAW image lol).

GALAXY MAP: New systems available
Working with fellow user Kinkojiro, I'll be opening up several new systems that were present in the game's data files, but were never available to the player. These include:
- Omega Nebula (available upon completion of Omega DLC)
- Rosetta Nebula
- Serpent Nebula (can now explore beyond the Citadel)
- Phoenix Massing

EMAIL/SALVAGE: "Hock's Private Stash"
Available if the player both completed Kasumi's loyalty mission in ME2 and if the ME3 sidequest "Hanar Diplomat" is completed, Kasumi will then send an email to Shepard following the Hanar Diplomat quest pointing Shepard back to Bekenstein, where she has uncovered a sizable stash of credits once belonging to former crime-boss Donovan Hock (aka the guy you blew up at the end of Kasumi's LM, lol).
Includes:
- a new Normandy email from Kasumi to Shepard
- a new credit salvage asset worth 150,000 credits, found on Bekenstein

EMAIL: "Kai Leng's email after 'Priority: Thessia' mission" (rewritten)
Decided to rewrite Leng's email to Shepard that comes after the Thessia mission, to try and make it sound more in line with how the character was established in the novel Retribution (and less like a taunting, whining bully, lol). Additionally, there are several variants of Leng's email based on whether Shepard romanced an alien love interest - Tali, Garrus, Liara, or Thane (there's also two versions of the "Thane" email variant, based on whether he died or survived due to ThaneMod).

EMAILS: "Love Interest's email"
Just something a little extra for Shepard's who romance one of the game's love interests, upon locking-in a romance that LI will send Shepard a short little email message, which are based on their messages from the ME:Datapad app. The LIs that will send an email include: Tali, Garrus, Liara, Kaidan, Ashley, Jack, Miranda, Steve, and Samantha.

EMAIL: "Veetor'Nara email" (after Priority: Sur'kesh)
Just a little email from Veetor'Nara, the quirky quarian from ME2, that gives a little bit of forshadowing for the later quarian/geth conflict in the game. Due note, you'll only receive this email if Veetor was sent back to the Migrant Fleet at the end of the Freedom's Progress mission in ME2 (if he was sent to Ceberus instead, he won't send the email).

EMAIL: "Anderson Earth email" (after Priority: Mars mission)
A short email from Anderson based on his message in the ME:Datapad app, just gives a little more sense of urgency to Shepard's mission.

EMAIL: "Tali's email to Shepard after Rannoch" (romance variant)
Something that slightly bothered me in the vanilla game was how Tali's email to Shepard after the final Rannoch mission always read somewhat impersonal for a Shepard who romanced Tali. So I went and created a romance-variant of that email for Shepards who have Tali as their LI (slightly based on a reference made by Javik, of all people lol ;) ).

EMAIL: "Commander Bailey email" (after Chronos Station mission)
A brief email from Bailey on the Reapers attack on the Citadel while Shepard is busy at Chronos Station, again to add a sense of urgency and tension for Shepard's final mission on Earth.

EMAIL: "Mysterious email to Shepard" (if genophage cure is sabotaged)
If Shepard sabotages the genophage cure, he/she will later receive a mysterious one-sentence email from an unknown sender at the Normandy email terminal. However, Shepard will only receive the email if a certain krogan is the leader of Clan Urdnot...

EMAIL: "Dr. Daniel Abram's email to Shepard"
In the game's data files, there exists an unused email to Shepard from Daniel Abrams (Mordin's assistant on Omega), who briefly mentions both the Ceberus invasion of Omega and Aria looking for revenge. Bioware never used Daniel's email in the game mainly because it carries some redundant info with Aria's email, but I've decided to rewrite a few things here and there and include his email in the mod. Note: Daniel will only send the email if he was saved from the batarians in ME2 during Mordin's recruitment mission.

EMAIL/WEAPON: "Collector Assault Rifle"
Adds the Collector Assault Rifle to the single-player game (which surprisingly was all set up under the Coalesced to work for SP, lol) by adding it to Spectre Office store on the Citadel, along with an email from Joker about the rifle and where to acquire it.
Last edited by AVPen on 18 May 2015, 15:49, edited 37 times in total.

The Fob
Modder

07 Apr 2014, 03:22 #3

About Emily Wong: As far as I know, all plot variables from ME1 and 2 are present in the ME3 saves, even if they are never used. It's just a matter of finding the right one (which may be difficult but there are quite extensive lists floating around throughout the internet).

crazyrabbits
User

07 Apr 2014, 14:12 #4

There are also 3 assets that are in the Coalesced file that never appear in the game (as per this wiki page):
AWAsset_ElementZeroCore
ID=32
Identifiers: starts at 200 strength; not a result of exploration; has Crucible picture at the War Terminal;

GAWAsset_CerberusFlotilla
ID=33
Identifiers: this is not the Advanced Fighter Squadron asset, that's ID=38; starts at 100 strength; identified at War Terminal with the same "Cerberus Fighters" picture as the Advanced Fighter Squadron;

GAWAsset_GeneralSherman
ID=137
Identifiers: ExternalAssetEnum=GAWExternalAssetID_FaceBook
The Shermann war asset was apparently intended to be tied with Facebook (tie-in game?) and would have appeared in-game with the title "Allied Reinforcements", but was never implemented (it was included in Mother of All Mods). I have also read that the Element Zero Core and Cerberus Flotilla assets were supposed to be tied in with Omega when it was originally part of the main game, but were also left unimplemented. Anyway, these might be good additions for completeness' sake.

I also think it would be cool that, if the Prothean Relic war asset is implemented, we can bring back the relic decoration for Shepard's cabin. That was probably the best collectible in ME2, and I missed having it in 3. Don't know where you could put it, or how it could be programmed in, but it's an idea.

AVPen
Modder

07 Apr 2014, 17:13 #5

Fob: Good to know, I wasn't completely sure if the ME1/ME2 plot flags made it into ME3 or not since I haven't done a lot of exploring with the series plot flags yet. If that's the case, then I could maybe implement Emily Wong as a war asset based on completing her assignments in ME1, along with also doing the Cerberus Operative's data and Toombs war assets based on their previous plot flags (it's just a matter of finding those, which could be easier said than done).

crazyrabbits: I found the titles for those three assets in the TLK, but they all lack proper descriptions, so I'm not entirely sure what they're suppose to be or represent - I did find the description for Allied Reinforcements, but I'm still somewhat curious on if it's really suppose to represent the GeneralSherman asset (also, what is the Mother of All Mods? MEHEM?). As for CerberusFlotilla and ElementZeroCore, I couldn't find any descriptions for them, but if they were in fact intended for Omega when it was still part of the vanilla game, then it's more than probable that they got incorporated into the Omega DLC as the 'Omega Eezo Hoard' and 'Omega Raiding Fleet' assets instead.

As for the Prothean relic, I would love to bring back the relic as an item for Shepard's cabin, but I suspect that would require a fair bit of modding the level with the Level Editor (along with the little animation that the relic has when the player clicks on it), plus altering the pcc files so that the relic would only appear if Firewalker was completed - both of which would require more knowledge on those two editors than I currently have. However, if someone is interested in attempting to do such an edit, I would be willing to incorporate it into my email/war asset mod.

JohnP
Modder

07 Apr 2014, 20:34 #6

AVPen wrote:(also, what is the Mother of All Mods?)
A large coalesced mod. http://www.moddb.com/mods/mother-of-all-mods

crazyrabbits
User

07 Apr 2014, 20:57 #7

AVPen wrote:crazyrabbits: I found the titles for those three assets in the TLK, but they all lack proper descriptions, so I'm not entirely sure what they're suppose to be or represent - I did find the description for Allied Reinforcements, but I'm still somewhat curious on if it's really suppose to represent the GeneralSherman asset (also, what is the Mother of All Mods? MEHEM?). As for CerberusFlotilla and ElementZeroCore, I couldn't find any descriptions for them, but if they were in fact intended for Omega when it was still part of the vanilla game, then it's more than probable that they got incorporated into the Omega DLC as the 'Omega Eezo Hoard' and 'Omega Raiding Fleet' assets instead.
According to this BSN discussion in mid 2012, someone found a description that reads as follows:

"The blueprints for the Prothean device found on Mars calls for remarkable quantities of Element Zero throughout its structure, even its circuitry. A precious commodity at the best of times, the Alliance and its allies are annexing all sources of Eezo the Reapers haven't cut off. The cache liberated from Omega is a welcome boost to their resources."

Don't know where the description was located, though. Also, Mother of all Mods (http://www.moddb.com/mods/mother-of-all-mods‎) adds a bunch of stuff to the game, albeit in a very haphazard/disorganized fashion. It adds all the player armors (including two unreleased N7 armors), unlocks more casual outfits, changes fuel capacity et al. The Sherman/Shermann asset is tied in to the mod, apparently through multiplayer (though I don't know how it functions). I don't use it because I've heard reports that it has malware, and I don't like the sloppy nature of it.
As for the Prothean relic, I would love to bring back the relic as an item for Shepard's cabin, but I suspect that would require a fair bit of modding the level with the Level Editor (along with the little animation that the relic has when the player clicks on it), plus altering the pcc files so that the relic would only appear if Firewalker was completed - both of which would require more knowledge on those two editors than I currently have. However, if someone is interested in attempting to do such an edit, I would be willing to incorporate it into my email/war asset mod.
I agree - it would be a nice little touch, and even if it's not included, it is a feasible sidegoal. I just don't want it to distract from the main focus of the mod.

EDIT: I also ran a search for "Allied Reinforcements", and found this Notepad doc (possibly one of the beta leaks) that mentions the descriptions and more, including a Fuel Efficiency/Capacity upgrade.
Last edited by crazyrabbits on 07 Apr 2014, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.

Blad3Zer0
User

07 Apr 2014, 21:00 #8

I'm glad someone here liked Mass Effect: Infiltrator and its protagonist. I was saddened when there was never an ME3 DLC that involved helping him take down the Director. Then you could've had him as a squadmate...

Well, at least we can still get him as a War Asset.

AVPen
Modder

07 Apr 2014, 22:29 #9

JohnP wrote:
AVPen wrote:(also, what is the Mother of All Mods?)
A large coalesced mod. http://www.moddb.com/mods/mother-of-all-mods
crazyrabbits wrote:Also, Mother of all Mods (http://www.moddb.com/mods/mother-of-all-mods‎) adds a bunch of stuff to the game, albeit in a very haphazard/disorganized fashion. It adds all the player armors (including two unreleased N7 armors), unlocks more casual outfits, changes fuel capacity et al. The Sherman/Shermann asset is tied in to the mod, apparently through multiplayer (though I don't know how it functions). I don't use it because I've heard reports that it has malware, and I don't like the sloppy nature of it.
Thanks for the answer to that, guys... and yeah, that mod is so not my cup of tea. :?
crazyrabbits wrote:According to this BSN discussion in mid 2012, someone found a description that reads as follows:

"The blueprints for the Prothean device found on Mars calls for remarkable quantities of Element Zero throughout its structure, even its circuitry. A precious commodity at the best of times, the Alliance and its allies are annexing all sources of Eezo the Reapers haven't cut off. The cache liberated from Omega is a welcome boost to their resources."

Don't know where the description was located, though.
Very interesting, I did a quick look and that description is actually still in the game's TLK files. Having said that, I'm not sure how exactly to implement that asset into my mod since the player doesn't normally go to Omega in the main game, unless you have the Omega DLC.
Hmm.... perhaps that asset could be later included as an asset for a separate "Omega DLC email/war asset" addition for my main mod once it's completed (I did sometime want to go into Omega's files and alter the "Aria Hacker" asset update for the Alliance First Fleet so that it's instead linked to completing the hacker's side-mission and not with Petrovsky being dead)
Blad3Zer0 wrote:I'm glad someone here liked Mass Effect: Infiltrator and its protagonist. I was saddened when there was never an ME3 DLC that involved helping him take down the Director. Then you could've had him as a squadmate...
Oh trust me, if I or anyone else ever figures out how to actually add new squadmates into the Armax Arsenal Arena in the Citadel DLC.... Randall, Gillian, and Kal'Reegar are the first three characters I'm adding to it. :lol:

crazyrabbits
User

08 Apr 2014, 05:43 #10

Yeah, there's a lot of potential for this mod. Depending on what your scope is, there's also a Wiki page that mentions several unused secondary codex images, as well as another unused email that might have been from the Citadel DLC.

I had actually wanted to make a suggestion for a "Post-Omega" mod that would try to replicate the conditions seen in the early script (being able to go back to Omega - a small area perhaps, buying additional weapons/items, going through the Omega-4 Relay to find that "priceless treasure"), but that's something to think of down the line when we get better at level editing/placement/etc.

The "Allied Reinforcements" description sounds like it could fit anywhere - either as a reward for that supposed Facebook tie-in, or awarded after a main plot mission.

If you want more examples of ME1 import variables that never seemed to carry over to 3, you could try here.