Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Then and Now

General news and announcements for ME3Explorer.

Then and Now

Postby giftfish » 13 Mar 2016, 18:15

Hats off to K, Sir, and Heff for all the work they've done over the past two years. The new stable is long overdue, but check out a quick comparison of the difference:

Struggles with Winforms aside. Things are cleaning up very nicely :)

----

06 Sep 2016 | UPDATE | v2.0.11 w/NEW GUI and the transition to WPF complete
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Re: Then and Now

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 13 Mar 2016, 21:19

It is so much more pleasing to look at now. I'm glad to hear (over on github) that you have GUI ideas. I'd love to make things nicer, but I'm complete pants at UI design. I can implement a mock-up just fine though.

Keeping with the theme of then and now, I'd also like to say that moving to GitHub is one of the best things that's happened to this project. Everything about it is sooo much better than sourceforge. And GitHub's issue system has revolutionized the way work gets done.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby giftfish » 13 Mar 2016, 22:36

SirCxyrtyx wrote:It is so much more pleasing to look at now. I'm glad to hear (over on github) that you have GUI ideas. I'd love to make things nicer, but I'm complete pants at UI design. I can implement a mock-up just fine though.

Ha ha. It's amazing what a little organization and having some bloody icons will do, nevermind all the new tools and the drastic improvements to existing tools (ModMaker, for example).

Let's get this stable out, let me get a better handle on ThaneMOD v3.0 development, and then we can talk about ditching Winforms and what new system we'd want to implement instead (guessing you and K already know what that is). Maybe at that point Heff will be back again; he's always full of good ideas. From there, we should be able to figure out a good way to unify the GUI across all tools (as much as possible), make things a bit more aesthetically pleasing, more intuitive, and hopefully implement some new features to smooth workflow, etc.

SirCxyrtyx wrote:Keeping with the theme of then and now, I'd also like to say that moving to GitHub is one of the best things that's happened to this project. Everything about it is sooo much better than sourceforge. And GitHub's issue system has revolutionized the way work gets done.

No kidding. We really should have done it ages ago. There were growing pains, as there always is with a new system, but we're able to get so much more done now. Such an enormous help. Plus, the Issue list over there makes it so much easier for you coders to step into and out of the project more easily as the demands of your work/personal lives fluctuate. If you need to step away for a month (or whatever), there's no filtering through forum threads and posts when you get back to see what work is needed; it's just all there in a nice list on Git.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby deadspear » 13 Mar 2016, 23:46

You guys are awesome. Thank you for making the tools to make ME1/2/3 better.
deadspear
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby The Fob » 14 Mar 2016, 05:14

It does look much better now and the underlying workings were also streamlined a lot. Thanks to everyone involved!!!

Also:
SirCxyrtyx wrote: I'm complete pants at UI design.
Man, you made the UDK like designs for Sequence Editor and InterpViewer. That's huge IMO.
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby giftfish » 06 Sep 2016, 15:24

Figured it would be fun to update the OP with the new GUI.

Three iterations of the toolset GUI new depicted :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Return to Announcements