Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

TLK and cutting scenes entirely

Semi-technical area to discuss content modding research and discoveries. Technical information necessary for coding tools should be posted in Technical Research on the Coders board.

TLK and cutting scenes entirely

Postby Deager » 03 Sep 2013, 03:20

I stumbled onto something while working on v0.2 of the Citadel Epilogue Mod. Since MrFob wasn't aware of it either, I figured I should post something here. My apologies if this was already covered.

If you edit a tlk file and remove all the characters between <data> </data> in a string, the game skips that line. It also skips the scene as well. This was huge as I could edit scenes out without having to do anything with sequence modding.

The one issue is if a line goes over two camera shots or more. That seemed to freak stuff out when I was working on a scene with Cortez in the apartment of the Citadel DLC. But, sometimes it works out. I cut a line out while Kaidan was at the apartment and was able to successfully skip a scene where reapers where show on the TV.

Hope this helps others.

Deager has been thanked by:
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Re: tlk and cutting scenes entirely

Postby giftfish » 03 Sep 2013, 04:21

Oh yeah, this could be damn handy.

giftfish

Postby LiL Reapur X » 07 Sep 2013, 01:45

Useful info Deager, thanks a bunch. :mrgreen:
LiL Reapur X
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby giftfish » 16 Sep 2013, 21:57

Yeah, I can confirm this works beautifully. It helped us tweak the anti-flirt portion of our mod much more easily than we had anticipated. Thanks a bunch for sharing :]
giftfish

Return to Modders' Research