Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[Article] TPF Tools

Help build and maintain the new ME3Explorer Wiki on Wikia.

Re: [Article] TPF Tools

Postby KFreon » 01 Mar 2016, 11:08

It's probably not.
The engine will probably choke and splutter, but I was being rhetorical :P
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby giftfish » 01 Mar 2016, 15:26

Re:Rebuild TPF -- Ah, merging multiple TPFs. That I missed. Got it.

I'm still heavily advocating for being able to select specific textures and "Save Selected to TPF", or "Extract Selected".

You have no idea the amount of time this would have saved me when I was modding ME1, K >.< Hours and hours spent extracting individual textures and rebuilding TPFs the old way, by hand. Extracting each texture from various TPFs, finding all my tiny typos in Notepad++. (This was during ResIL.dll issues when TPF Tools was useless to me. Certain versions I could use to view, others the preivew wouldn't work, others I could extract, and none would install textures properly.) But, if we have "Save Selected to TPF", then if a TPF has 50 textures and the user only wants to use 10 of them, they can select and save/extract those 10.

If duplicates are causing the problem, can't it be designed so that the texture set as the primary is what's extracted/saved? Just like it's the texture that's installed, when there's more than one match to as hash?
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby giftfish » 01 Mar 2016, 19:39

Okay, TPF Tools is done for now.

There are still a couple of sections that are a WIP, due to changes being made in the toolset right now. For the most part, it's ready for the stable.

@Creeper -- A few things directed at you, specifically, so we don't have a repeat of what happened a couple days ago:

1. Feel free to add content to the FAQs. Please follow the same format (you're usually quite good about that), and keep in mind that post-installation issues go into the Texture Troubleshooting article.
2. Feel free to fix any typos and dropped words you see.
3. Do NOT alter any existing content. If you have a question about something, please ask. For now, I want to wait until all the things that are still in flux with the toolset are worked out.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby KFreon » 02 Mar 2016, 07:21

It is certainly possible to fix TPFTools as you say, but just not without a rather large amount of effort (I think).
I do want to try to fix it cos it makes me sad that my name is attached to that abomination, but I can't promise anything.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby giftfish » 02 Mar 2016, 15:03

KFreon wrote:It is certainly possible to fix TPFTools as you say, but just not without a rather large amount of effort (I think).
I do want to try to fix it cos it makes me sad that my name is attached to that abomination, but I can't promise anything.

Lol. It's a fantastic tool, K, and one of the most-used ones in the toolset. You should be proud of your work :D
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Previous

Return to Wiki Development