Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[Article] Troubleshooting: General

Help build and maintain the new ME3Explorer Wiki on Wikia.

[Article] Troubleshooting: General

Postby giftfish » 27 Feb 2015, 18:34

Article Name: Troubleshooting
URL: http://me3explorer.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

Just realized I forgot to start a thread for this. So far, I've transferred most of the general FAQs from this section of the forum. Note: I'm keeping the FAQ's related to specific tools, on the pages for those tools. This will keep things contained and easy for users to find.

Folks really need to feel free to add to this article, especially. If it's a commonly encountered problem or asked question, create an FAQ for it on this page or on the relevant tool's page. If the tool page hasn't been created yet, feel free to create a new section (sections have the lines underneath the name) for it in the article, and I can relocate it once the page is made.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Re: [Article] Troubleshooting

Postby giftfish » 28 Feb 2015, 16:41

Updated.

Added more FAQs and tweaked the Help area.
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 28 Feb 2015, 21:48

And, lots more revisions to this article today as I put together the "Reporting Bugs" article. Several new sections have been added.
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 22 Jun 2015, 14:30

FYI, this article is getting some updating with the creation of the new Texplorer article.
giftfish

Postby CreeperLava » 22 Jun 2015, 16:28

Have you already looked at all the bug reports or problems experienced by users that were posted on the forum ? If not, I am willing to resume the frequent problems and misunderstandings so that you can add them.

CreeperLava has been thanked by:
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby giftfish » 22 Jun 2015, 17:36

CreeperLava wrote:Have you already looked at all the bug reports or problems experienced by users that were posted on the forum ? If not, I am willing to resume the frequent problems and misunderstandings so that you can add them.

Yeah, that's the type of stuff I need input on. I don't have time to comb through all that. And, of course we don't want to post an FAQ for every. single. issue. -- just the most common things. Things that will cover 90-95% of help requests.

Toss "general" stuff in this thread. If it relates to a specific tool, then post in those article threads.

Actually working on the Troubleshooting and Getting Started pages more right now as I wrap up the Background section for Texplorer.

giftfish

Postby giftfish » 22 Jun 2015, 18:51

-Cleaned up several sections.
-More significant changes to bottom two sections
-Added a couple new FAQs
giftfish

Postby CreeperLava » 23 Jun 2015, 16:35

So, I looked at bug reports for a good 2 hours, I would never have guessed there were so many of them^^. I haven't reviewed them all, but I have probably summarized most of them. You already have some of them from what I saw, but I added them nonetheless, to be exhaustive.
Here is the .odt file.
Just a quick explanation of phrasing : I place the user name after answers that I have basically copy/pasted/formatted.
CreeperLava
User

Postby giftfish » 23 Jun 2015, 16:43

CreeperLava wrote:So, I looked at bug reports for a good 2 hours, I would never have guessed there were so many of them^^. I haven't reviewed them all, but I have probably summarized most of them.
Here is the .odt file.
Just a quick explanation of phrasing : I place the user name after answers that I have basically copy/pasted/formatted.

LOL, I'm surprised it didn't take longer!

Lots of these look great; thanks very much, I appreciate it. The hair one I might just go ahead and post as a tutorial. Ultimately, it would be nice to have all the tutorials transferred to the wiki (and updated), which is something anyone can work on at any time :)
giftfish

Postby CreeperLava » 23 Jun 2015, 16:51

Please no more reading of bug reports, that's all I ask. Anything else but this^^.
CreeperLava
User

Next

Return to Wiki Development