Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Trying to switch out liara and sheps head,

Area for discussions related to meshes/models, 3D modeling programs, and the like. Can cross over into texture-related discussion. As with other non-toolset related areas, answers not guaranteed.

Re: Trying to switch out liara and sheps head,

Postby rick_rolled » 06 Feb 2014, 23:48

ELLE,

thanks so much this is exactly what I was looking for! Your picture actually looks better than mine, mine was just like someone took her face in 3dmax vectors and stretched it straight to her feet lol. it looked weird. I am going to look into trying to do these material changes. Should be an interesting trial and error. would you be interested in creating a mod for this lol, i will pay you $100.00 :D I am seriously not joking either.
rick_rolled

Postby ELE » 07 Feb 2014, 01:02

You're welcome! Good luck with the modding.

Heh, thanks, but as a general rule, I'm not 100% comfortable making a profit off modding. Happy to help if you have any questions along the way. I might see what I can do with it too.
ELE
User

Have thanks: 27 time

Postby ELE » 07 Feb 2014, 01:56

Don't get the hamster wheel turning, I might just do something as a point of interest.

I can post my files when they're finished up.
ELE
User

Postby ELE » 07 Feb 2014, 06:38

Alrighty. I uploaded 2 things, playable .mods, and source files.

Play as an Asari! mod (mesh & texture .mods, tpf)

Play as an Asari! source (upk, psk, raw textures)

edit - patch to fix the seams. Install this last after everything.

I made 2 texture sets, one from Liara and one of a generic Asari. Raw asari texture files to work off are in the source folder.

Basically, this is a playable mod, but it lacks polish.
There is a seam along the forehead from the actorx importer that I'm not going to fix.
I noticed there are some conflicts with female NPCs using the asari normal map (why oh why are they pulling default femshep's textures? there was a horrible greasefire at alliance headquarters, head canon)
Not compatible with any outfits that color match skin (Shep will have human skin color on her hands, etc)
Can be fixed with additional modding!

How to change default/iconic Shepard's skin and eye color:
change-iconic-shepard-s-eyes-skin-t345.html

Permission for anyone to use these files how they like.
Last edited by ELE on 08 Feb 2014, 18:49, edited 2 times in total.

ELE has been thanked by:
ELE
User

Postby rick_rolled » 07 Feb 2014, 19:47

OH MY FREAKING GOD< YOU DID IT.. I AM GONNA CRY.. I LOVE YOU! MARRY ME! YAYA!!! Thank you elle!! THank you thank you thank you!!
rick_rolled

Postby rick_rolled » 07 Feb 2014, 19:51

omg, i am in love with you, just saying. nothing creepy, but just a love energy ya know!! i needed this so bad.. you dont even know.. I love you! did i mention, i love you?
rick_rolled

Postby ELE » 07 Feb 2014, 20:57

<3

I took her for a spin around Rannoch. I will call you Electric Jellybean.
http://ellementalist.tumblr.com/post/75 ... test-thing

8-)

ELE has been thanked by:
ELE
User

Postby Ottemis » 07 Feb 2014, 21:05

Oooooh, haha, that's awesome.
Ottemis
Harbinger

Have thanks: 247 time

Postby rick_rolled » 07 Feb 2014, 21:12

Elle, one question,

If I were to change her tattoos what files would I have to replace to do that? Would it just be painting them on or is there a file I need to go into to replace?

also, if I decide I want to change her face to say Samara, what files must I replace in order for this to change in game?

ProShepard faceblood diff

HED proshepard face diff?
nevermind figured that out haha.

anything else?

Sorry, I used your mod and it worked perfect, I just dun know wth its doin to make this happen lol. I promise no more questions after this from me FOREVER :D lol

Did I mention thank you? I dont think I have yet. THANK YOU!
rick_rolled

Postby ELE » 07 Feb 2014, 21:31

No problem! Her tattoos are on the face texture, which is in the texture files (texmod or .mod). To make it easy, these are the unpacked textures from the Liara tpf:
https://www.mediafire.com/?1z6p2sa1e8gq1dx

If you want different tattoos or different colors, those are the ones you need to edit. There's a normal map, her regular face texture, and the wounded end game face texture I included just so no one would get there and be traumatized when Liara started wearing femshep's skin suit.

You can replace it with whatever you want, Samara's face texture would work, but it would still be on Liara's head shape.

If you wanted to use like, Samara's actual head, you'd have to go through the whole mesh editing process I talked about before (making the materials match, creating all the LODs, importing them into all the PCCs, etc.)

Well I found the edit button, it's invisible :)

But yeah, you got it. You can replace those textures however you want.

I'm a bit backwards because I'm so used to working through Texmod I just end up converting my tpfs to .mods afterwards instead of using texplorer directly.
ELE
User

PreviousNext

Return to Mesh and Model Discussion